• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck I don't care. Misplaced my last Rams jersey so will get one of these to throw my cash in the ring.

Memberships?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Meh.looks like a "wannabe" Stade Francais jersey.

If that's what they sell to the punters, I would give it a miss and turn up in a West Harbour jersey.

I'll probably get one anyway but if they are offering the alternate jersey that would be my preference. They could look a whole lot better actually on the body then just being held.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
There's no alternates, that one he's wearing is a training jersey.

I'll still get it because it has my logo on it and I have no idea what they're gonna do with it post this season given their recent social media changes to it.

At least its not just another blue jersey (which is probably what the people running it would go for if they could today)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Hope they don't alter the logo as the one that has been used that you designed is great. The best of the lot we've seen so far. I'm not just saying that because of your presence on GAGR. Because it actually is.

I would have preferred the training jersey. Simplicity is often the best option in my book. However, I'll still get one. Have to support the team and ensure it survives.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
jersey-proposal.jpg

this was a proposal from me, unfortunately after they had decided everything would be locked in.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Much prefer RugbyFuture's proposed design. Unless they do a supporters collared version, the fit combined with the design won't look good on too many people.

Has there been any indication as to what the price of the jersey and other gear will be => Wallabies-esque at $160 or closer to Shute Shield team prices of around $80.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I see my worst fears already being realised. Rams have a 9 from Auckland via Newcastle. Stick it up your ****!!!!

Get over it. The amateur era is long gone.

I hope the majority of the Rams players come from a Western Sydney background, but I don't really care so long as the players all put in.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I see my worst fears already being realised. Rams have a 9 from Auckland via Newcastle. Stick it up your ****!!!!
So are you supporting the Stars or Rays?

Ultimately this is what we are trying to achieve: the best players getting a gig. This guy trialled with the Tahs before and if the other teams don't want him, better for us.

NDale

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys get amongst the greater sydney rams supporters group "the horned army" on Facebook. The numbers are growing and a lot of information will be posted this week, along with the official Rams website launch and twitter revamp.
Join the herd and spread the word.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Former Auckland halfback now playing in the Newcastle comp Auvasa Falealii confirmed as a Ram in the Newcastle Herald yesterday. He impressed on the Tahs tour of Argentina last year and is hoping to get another Super contract.

Then why's he playing in Newcastle? Nothing against the Novocastrians or their local comp but it's not the final stepping stone to a professional rugby career.

Also, what's Volavola been up to this year? He looked mighty promising when he came onto the circuit.

NDale

Bob McCowan (2)
Volavola has been unlucky with a lethal backline at the tahs he hasn't received a run. But look forward to him wearing the Rams jersey and showing his skills more regularly

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
on the concerning rumour front: I heard Billy Melrose has picked his nephew out of Manly 2nd grade...Can someone confirm or deny it? I'd be mighty pissed to be one of the 1st graders in the alleged rams feeder clubs getting over looked for a 2nd grader.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Hey guys get amongst the greater sydney rams supporters group "the horned army" on Facebook. The numbers are growing and a lot of information will be posted this week, along with the official Rams website launch and twitter revamp.

Just put through my join group request on FB. Some suggestions for the group. You need a recording of a aggressive Rams bleat followed by a stampede. Another one, flags. You need several large flags and drums. Smaller flags for every member alongside the large ones.

Horned hats are a good idea. Have you settled on a style yet. Look up the St Louis Rams fan hats. They would look good.

Looking for chants. Back on this thread Pfitzy started a good one. You should open it up to the group. Could make it a competition (free fan jerseys as a prize) to come up with a number of songs and chants.

R

Redsfan

We got Kurtley!

Official Rams Wallabies:

· Kurtley Beale
· Ben Alexander
· Rob Horne
· Tatafu Polota-Nau
· Tevita Kuridrani

Not sure why we got Kuridrani, but I'm not complaining.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Then why's he playing in Newcastle? Nothing against the Novocastrians or their local comp but it's not the final stepping stone to a professional rugby career.

Also, what's Volavola been up to this year? He looked mighty promising when he came onto the circuit.

Story from the paper here was that his Waratahs contract that he got last year was only $400 a week and wasn't enough to live off in Sydney, he was signed to play with West Harbour but had to move back to Newcastle.