• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes, let's keep to the rugby then shall we? You're the one who brought up the prayer, and in a very snide way, so yes, perhaps we should all just stick to commenting about the game, and leave petty, childish jibes at schools aside. Post script or no post script, it was unnecessary. I promise I won't mention any loutish behaviour again, and you can be assured if I experience it, I'll be bringing it to a teacher's attention, irrespective of the school. My final comment is that if you actually think the BBC boys were late to show contempt for Terrace, you don't know Tom Barker or Steve Phillpotts very well.

When you run out on the field you should be ready to play. Both teams should be prompt and not waiting for eachother. As simple as that.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
ejame2ub.jpg

To anyone who hasn't had a look at Terrace's new stadium, here it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NextPropModel

Frank Nicholson (4)
When you run out on the field you should be ready to play. Both teams should be prompt and not waiting for eachother. As simple as that.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't see the game, but the boys should have run out ready to play. My point was more that I doubt it was done with malice, and there's no need to have a dig about praying. But if they were late I agree, they should have forgone the pre-game ritual and got straight into it.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Pregame rituals, be it praying, stripping off the track suits, the Haka, last minute word from the coach, has been around for ever, and for the people getting agitated by it, get over it. It's done to focus the team doing it and put off the other team, which obviously works judging from the replies on this thread.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
GT 15As beat NC 15as 5 tries to 1, they also won the Gold Coast Cup in the holidays, they must be favourites to take out the 15s.
Unfortunately the GT immersion curse will ensure GT 15A will struggle almost to the point if they play they most likely will have to be uncontested for the last three games. Most of the team will be away for NC, BSHS and ACGS. 15a's will be between BBC and possible BSHS or IGS. NC has no chance

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
I agree 15a's will be between BBC or BSHS but I did hear BSHS were average against NC but I think the coach was playing his cards close. I wasn't at the game but the one I watched had be thinking this is a very poor standard of age group coming through

REDandBlack

Frank Row (1)
Unfortunately the GT immersion curse will ensure GT 15A will struggle almost to the point if they play they most likely will have to be uncontested for the last three games. Most of the team will be away for NC, BSHS and ACGS. 15a's will be between BBC and possible BSHS or IGS. NC has no chance

The terrace 15 A's while may not being able to put up a full strength teams against BSHS and ACGS and calling a bye against Nudgee will still most likely be able to cause a few upsets this season. If what RealDeal has said about the competition being between BBC and BSHS it looks like Terrace maybe then able to at least secure a top 3 place as they beat BBC by a try over the weekend.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey NPM, make up your mind or loosen your incontinence nappies mate. I said much the same as getwithme and all of a sudden I'm "snide, childish and petty". If I have a comment to make about coaches, I'll make it, not hide behind something else. You may have missed my praise of Barker's short passing coaching and my acceptance that maybe the warmup was mistimed. You weren't even at the game so how your views about my opinion have validity confuses me. If you were there and saw the same thing and felt it was appropriate then you'd be welcome to your view but if you hang around with wimps who don't have the presence as an adult to stand and ask a mob of kids to "Hey fellas, keep it down eh?" if this cursing you say is going on then I suppose we really should stick to the rugby because I'd hate to know what will happen to the thread if you get a burnt sausage at a rugby canteen this season.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
if this cursing you say is going on then I suppose we really should stick to the rugby because I'd hate to know what will happen to the thread if you get a burnt sausage at a rugby canteen this season.

Speaking of burnt sausages, should be a tight race for best burger this season with Churchie, BGS and Toowomba all said to be in the running. I think State high and Ippy will be battling it out for the spoon.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
The terrace 15 A's while may not being able to put up a full strength teams against BSHS and ACGS and calling a bye against Nudgee will still most likely be able to cause a few upsets this season. If what RealDeal has said about the competition being between BBC and BSHS it looks like Terrace maybe then able to at least secure a top 3 place as they beat BBC by a try over the weekend.
Terrible thing to put up a Bye in an A game

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Yep - As I said - don't be too cocky to a comment saying BBC are going to give GT a towelling - they thought the same thing last year but it was the size if the heart that won that convincingly for GT. However it is just a trial Digby and I reckon Barker may just have analysed this season in detail and knows what he is up to.
After watching this game last week I have to say Barker seems to over analyse and the team seems to have no firm direction.
They seem to need a different approach as people skills are sorely lacking in the coaching staff from what I am hearing.
The backs coach at BBC needs to work on this as well as his plays.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Sorry to change the topic but has anyone else seen the program that airs on fox at 7pm on Tuesday about Wallabies fans?

I find it very interesting that at the very top level we can be highly apathetic and disenfranchised about getting passionate in supporting our professional team(s)..

Yet at the bottom, amateur level of rugby passions regularly ride high. At first I thought it was the fact that Rugby fans are generally an educated bunch and know that there's more to life than winning a game of footy.

But head along to any GPS game of footy this Saturday and I guarantee you there's a different side to the story. You won't find any silence or apathy at Ross Oval, or Tennyson at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. I've seen doctors and lawyers rampaging down the sideline roaring for their sons team to get up.

Even here on the forums its a different. If you frequent the main forum you'll find that there are a small amount of parochial posts and most posts just analyse teams in an objective way.

Here you get the real deal. There's the Terrace posters that inevitably predict them to thump Nudgee every year (only to typically get a touch up), there's the fans of school x claiming the moral high ground against fans from school y. Most of the time the posts don't get personal which is good.

Why is it then that at a professional level no one gets this fired up? I personally believe its because of community, there's something about going along to watch your son/old school/mates compete at 3 o clock on a Saturday arvo for free, surrounded not by incomprehensible Kiwi's but by an army of chat throwing mates who'll make you laugh as much as you scream.

Certainly a bit concern for Aus rugby and a bad by-product of professionalism (which had to happen). Bring back mates on the Terrace's I say

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
It's on again - Round 1 of the Brisbane GPS season. The 9 team, school competition that breeds more professional rugby players than just about anywhere else in the world.

You can already smell the frying onions, Dencorub, farting school boys and the "Channel-no. 5-wearing" Churchie mothers standing on the sidelines.

Will it be another competition dominated by Nudgee and its 30 year rugby indoctrination and recruitment program, or will the shiny guys at Churchie finally stop talking up their chances and get the job done on the field?

Or will TSS do what they have done for the last 10 years and knock over Nudgee when we least expect it or flog a BBC or Terrace when no one predicts it?

Who knows? But this is my stab at Round 1:

State High Vs TGS at BSHS.
As already aluded to on this fine blog, you will be hard pressed to get a cold coke and a lolly bag passed its used by date down at Fursden Road on Saturday, but you might just catch a pretty good game of rugby or two.

The State High boys have looked good in some of the trials and have some pretty flashy, mighty midgets in their back line. Rest assured they will make some of their bigger, more fancied opponents look a little silly by the time the season ends.

The fact they do their training in their thongs helps no end and I recently saw an article outlining how Ewan Mckenzie was introducing similar sessions at upcoming Wallaby camps.

The Toowoomba boys won't know where they are early on and despite a nice afternoon off the range enjoying the sunshine in what is commonly known as the jewel of the southside (Carina), they'll go back up the hill with a loss under their belt and food poisoning from the 4 year old Sausage Rolls in the canteen.

State High by 8

BBC Vs TSS at Southport
Not sure who will have more ink on them on Saturday, the rugby scholarships from both teams or the TSS Dads - who will still be talking about how good their Boogie Board surf was earlier in the morning - as the teams run on.

Easily the match of the round, but only if BBC's much-vaunted forward pack actually gets on the bus at Toowong on Saturday morning. They had huge trouble doing this against Terrace last Saturday and the bloody game was at Miskin Street!

TSS will be slicker than that old bloke down at Surfers Beach with the spray gun and well coached too. I see them getting up by a G-string cord.

TSS by 3

GT V Grammar at Terrace
Not sure if anyone will actually watch this game, as I imagine a lot of the Terrace dads, (walking around in red parkas and thier sons' school hats), will have thier deck chairs facing the new grandstand and be busy taking happy snaps of themselves in front of it...

If they do catch any action they'll see those two big centres from GT carve a rather large hole in the Grammar back-line, who will actually improve when the lads from the Chess fixtures arrive after halftime and slot into the back row to add some weight to the Grammar scrum

Terrace by 18

Churchie V IGS
If the parents from Ippy are actually allowed by ACGS Security to park anywhere near the surrounding suburbs of Churchie on Saturday morning then IGS may field a full team. Chances are though they'll have to park just near the Story Bridge, so it will be touch and go on numbers...

Ippy will be up against it from the get go, but as usual the boys from the Switch won't give up easily. A closely fought first half will have the Churchie supporters doing Waratah impressions, as they scratch their heads trying to work out how much a GPS Premiership really costs and where their wallets went.

But after some nice halftime sandwiches and a pep talk from a couple of ex Wallabies, sanity will prevail.

The Ippy boys will get handed a discount voucher for a Wickham Terrace plastic surgeon and a Brazillian Wax joint at Bulimba on the way out and should reach thier cars by 7.30pm.

Churchie by 16.

Enjoy it all!!

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
It's on again - Round 1 of the Brisbane GPS season. The 9 team, school competition that breeds more professional rugby players than just about anywhere else in the world.

You can already smell the frying onions, Dencorub, farting school boys and the "Channel-no. 5-wearing" Churchie mothers standing on the sidelines.

Will it be another competition dominated by Nudgee and its 30 year rugby indoctrination and recruitment program, or will the shiny guys at Churchie finally stop talking up their chances and get the job done on the field?

Or will TSS do what they have done for the last 10 years and knock over Nudgee when we least expect it or flog a BBC or Terrace when no one predicts it?

As already aluded to on this fine blog, you will be hard pressed to get a cold coke and a lolly bag passed its used by date down at Fursden Road on Saturday, but you might just catch a pretty good game of rugby or two.

The State High boys have looked good in some of the trials and have some pretty flashy, mighty midgets in their back line. Rest assured they will make some of their bigger, more fancied opponents look a little silly by the time the season ends.

The fact they do their training in their thongs helps no end and I recently saw an article outlining how Ewan Mckenzie was introducing similar sessions at upcoming Wallaby camps.

The Toowoomba boys won't know where they are early on and despite a nice afternoon off the range enjoying the sunshine in what is commonly known as the jewel of the southside (Carina), they'll go back up the hill with a loss under their belt and food poisoning from the 4 year old Sausage Rolls in the canteen.

State High by 8

BBC Vs TSS at Southport
Not sure who will have more ink on them on Saturday, the rugby scholarships from both teams or the TSS Dads - who will still be talking about how good their Boogie Board surf was earlier in the morning - as the teams run on.

Easily the match of the round, but only if BBC's much-vaunted forward pack actually gets on the bus at Toowong on Saturday morning. They had huge trouble doing this against Terrace last Saturday and the bloody game was at Miskin Street!

TSS will be slicker than that old bloke down at Surfers Beach with the spray gun and well coached too. I see them getting up by a G-string cord.

TSS by 3

GT V Grammar at Terrace
Not sure if anyone will actually watch this game, as I imagine a lot of the Terrace dads, (walking around in red parkas and thier sons' school hats), will have thier deck chairs facing the new grandstand and be busy taking happy snaps of themselves in front of it.

If they do catch any action they'll see those two big centres from GT carve a rather large hole in the Grammar back-line, who will actually improve when the lads from the Chess fixtures arrive after halftime and slot into the back row to add some weight to the Grammar scrum

Terrace by 18

Churchie V IGS
If the parents from Ippy are actually allowed by ACGS Security to park anywhere near the surrounding suburbs of Churchie on Saturday morning then IGS may field a full team. Chances are though they'll have to park just near the Story Bridge, so it will be touch and go on numbers.

Ippy will be up against it from the get go, but as usual the boys from the Switch won't give up easily. A closely fought first half will have the Churchie supporters doing Waratah impressions, as they scratch their heads trying to work out how much a GPS Premiership really costs and where their wallets went.

But after some nice halftime sandwiches and a pep talk from a couple of ex Wallabies, sanity will prevail.

The Ippy boys will get handed a discount voucher for a Wickham Terrace plastic surgeon and a Brazillian Wax joint at Bulimba on the way out and should reach thier cars by 7.30pm.

Churchie by 16.

Enjoy it all!!
Can you please do a post game report also EVERY week.
very very funny

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)

State High by 8

BBC Vs TSS at Southport

TSS by 3

GT V Grammar at Terrace
Not sure if anyone will actually watch this game, as I imagine a lot of the Terrace dads, (walking around in red parkas and thier sons' school hats), will have thier deck chairs facing the new grandstand and be busy taking happy snaps of themselves in front of it.

Terrace by 18

Churchie V IGS
If the parents from Ippy are actually allowed by ACGS Security to park anywhere near the surrounding suburbs of Churchie on Saturday morning then IGS may field a full team. Chances are though they'll have to park just near the Story Bridge, so it will be touch and go on numbers.

Churchie by 16.

Enjoy it all!!

BGS vs GT Summary/Prediction was awful and inaccurate. Completely biased. However, ACGS and IGS Report First paragraph was very relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.