• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sharks won't win. They won't catch the Saders napping twice and they won't have it all their way at set piece.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Looking at the match ups across the park, it's hard to split the sides. Hooper is the Tahs big trump card. He's on a different plane to Buttler. Speight is probably the man for the Brumbies again. If he has another massive game and the Brumbies manage to keep Izzy quiet, they come right into it. I assume the Brumbies will come out all guns blazing again and try to get that early lead to give them the opportunity to Jakeball it home in the 2nd. If the Tahs weather that, they should be too good.

In the end, I can't see the Brumbies pulling this off. The team sheet looks OK but they're still missing their 2 best players, and it is in those positions that they're likely to be beaten. Tahs haven't lost since mid-year and are at full strength again at home. I get they are renowned for choking at this time of year but I suspect that will have to wait for next week.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I get they are renowned for choking at this time of year but I suspect that will have to wait for next week.

Labelling a professional franchise as chokers is nonsensical. Choking is what an individual athlete does, teams do not choke.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Of course they do.
The weight of expectation.
The implication that they are playing for the credibility of Tahs rugby.
Teams choke: how come the ABs took 32 years to win their 2nd world cup?

Credibility and Tahs rugby. Words not generally used together in a sentence.
:rolleyes:

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
It's interesting looking at the records of the sides from this point:

Sharks: 8 times in finals, 4 times in final, 0 wins
Saders: 15 times in finals, 10 times in final, 7 wins
Tahs: 6 times in finals, 2 times in final, 0 wins
Brumbies: 7 times in finals, 6 times in final, 2 wins

From a likely choke standpoint, Tahs and Sharks are gone for all money and we'll have the most common final in super rugby history - Saders v Brumbies. But that's only one angle. I'm still leaning towards Tahs v Saders, probably with the same outcome we've become accustomed to.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Now it really is on! Bastards!!!

War has officially been declared

BJTwitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.