• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
We let the AB's do the bloody haka and waste 5 minutes at the beginning of a game but we won't let a man dressed in a horse suit on the field?
Our priorities are completely crazy in this country

To be fair, since when were the away teams ever allowed to bring their mascots with them? Why should 'Brumby Jack' be running around the sidelines of a Waratahs home semi?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What harm does it do?
Besides which it just provides a basis for the continuing argument that the Tahs are the big brother trying to bully the upstart little brother and thereby provides a potential additional basis for motivation of the Brums.
Not sure why we need to draw lines in the sand that just don't matter - maybe when this monkey is off their back but right now it would pay to be generous in spirit - at least outside the team.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You mean besides him vomiting on the sidelines?

Seriously, when was the last time we saw 'Tahman' at a Brumbies or Reds game?

We all have bad days!
2 wrongs don't make a right - are you sure the Tahs have the wherewithal to fly Tahman to Brisvegas?
It just seems petty and his presence might add to the occasion.
Depending on the result you could have a greeny cull him at full time!

Barbosa

Bob McCowan (2)
Does anyone know where I can watch these semifinals, whether on free-to-air channels or online free streaming?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Does anyone know where I can watch these semifinals, whether on free-to-air channels or online free streaming?

We don't condone that sort of thing around here.

A google search might condone that sort of thing......... :cool:

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
2 wrongs don't make a right - are you sure the Tahs have the wherewithal to fly Tahman to Brisvegas?

We could probably arrange for the intern to drive him up on the preceding day. An airfare is probably out of the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
As a neutral, there is nothing I love more than the banning of Brumby jack. Brilliant way to promote the game.

It makes the whole thing STINK of that Rah Rah Sydney North Shore "No, you shall pay for your own ticket" kind of thing and breeds parochialism. Connotations of elitism etc.

The Brumbies supporters rightfully kick up a stink which gets more people talking about the game, poor old Brumby Jack etc.

All that needs to happen is that at lunch time on Friday the Waratahs send out a press release saying they've 'caved' into pressure from the ARU and Brumbies and will allow Brumby Jack on the field.

There's a lesson in generating interest here, and judging by Allan's comments in Fairfax papers its been done very deliberately. Good stuff

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
We let the AB's do the bloody haka and waste 5 minutes at the beginning of a game but we won't let a man dressed in a horse suit on the field?
Our priorities are completely crazy in this country

Like it or not, this is a home game for the Tahs and they do not want to give the opposition the tiniest leg-up in a knock-out game. They want Tahman to have exclusive rights to rev up the crowd, have him being picked up by TV cameras not the Brumby mascot. Its marketing 101. Don't let your competitor get a look in. Not ever!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I remember the game in 2008 when Tah Man arrived in a Blackhawk helicopter.

It was amazing having such a massive aircraft inside the stadium (although I couldn't help but think how many thousands of people could die if it went horribly wrong).

I wonder if they're planning a grand entrance on Saturday night?

Reactions: BPC

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As a neutral, there is nothing I love more than the banning of Brumby jack. Brilliant way to promote the game.

It makes the whole thing STINK of that Rah Rah Sydney North Shore "No, you shall pay for your own ticket" kind of thing and breeds parochialism. Connotations of elitism etc.

The Brumbies supporters rightfully kick up a stink which gets more people talking about the game, poor old Brumby Jack etc.

All that needs to happen is that at lunch time on Friday the Waratahs send out a press release saying they've 'caved' into pressure from the ARU and Brumbies and will allow Brumby Jack on the field.

There's a lesson in generating interest here, and judging by Allan's comments in Fairfax papers its been done very deliberately. Good stuff

As long as we've already got his ticket money. And he doesn't shit on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.