• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
What are you talking about?

They just send Tah Man off on his quad bike on the Monday. It only takes about 40 hours driving for him to get to Brisbane.

Tahman is a super hero mate..he flies himself "up ,up and awayyy!! "style. No cost there!!
In fact he could carry a 737 up and save us all money.
I heard Brumbie Jack was caught with the ACT equivalent of Kryptonite which he stole from Questacon. Its apparently called "Bore- a Nite" and is found at the bottom of lake Burley Griffin...causes Tahman severe weakness and a large drop in body temperature and in large doses he becomes listless and can only function from 9.30am-5pm. :)

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
To be fair, since when were the away teams ever allowed to bring their mascots with them? Why should 'Brumby Jack' be running around the sidelines of a Waratahs home semi?
Actually I think the precedent was set 2 or 3 years ago - I remember going to a game at Homebush where Brumby Jack was running around.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What harm does it do?
Besides which it just provides a basis for the continuing argument that the Tahs are the big brother trying to bully the upstart little brother and thereby provides a potential additional basis for motivation of the Brums.
Not sure why we need to draw lines in the sand that just don't matter - maybe when this monkey is off their back but right now it would pay to be generous in spirit - at least outside the team.

And it should provide at least another 50 posts for the Waratah hate thread. Have they got that up and running yet?:)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
We let the AB's do the bloody haka and waste 5 minutes at the beginning of a game but we won't let a man dressed in a horse suit on the field?
Our priorities are completely crazy in this country

I must admit to being unfamiliar with Brumby Jack's work. If a guy wants to dress up in a horse suit and run up and down in front of 30,000 people - he can go for it. (Ditto for Tah man)

C'mon Waratah management take pity on Brumby Jack, let him run free. (Just make sure Tah man gets a freebie to Canberra next time):)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I must admit to being unfamiliar with Brumby Jack's work. If a guy wants to dress up in a horse suit and run up and down in front of 30,000 people - he can go for it. (Ditto for Tah man)

C'mon Waratah management take pity on Brumby Jack, let him run free. (Just make sure Tah man gets a freebie to Canberra next time):)
Nah, f*ck him, our home, our rules

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Tahman is a super hero mate..he flies himself "up ,up and awayyy!! "style. No cost there!!
In fact he could carry a 737 up and save us all money.
I heard Brumbie Jack was caught with the ACT equivalent of Kryptonite which he stole from Questacon. Its apparently called "Bore- a Nite" and is found at the bottom of lake Burley Griffin.causes Tahman severe weakness and a large drop in body temperature and in large doses he becomes listless and can only function from 9.30am-5pm. :)

With additional periods of listlessness from 11-11.30am, 1-2pm and 3.30-4pm. (When the sufferer is supplied with cups of tea and subsidised meals):)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I know you have to back yourself, and I think Wamberal is right that once its played out he'll be allowed in: are they going to check people's bags to make sure no one has a horse's head in it? If he's not there the caterers will be under further suspicion.
However if we lose we look like dickheads whereas if we win we look like we want everyone to have fun. Surely no one thinks he's their secret weapon?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
At least this stuff is getting rugby in the news.:rolleyes:

As Phineas T. Barnum once said; "There's no such thing as bad publicity":)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least this stuff is getting rugby in the news.:rolleyes:

As Phineas T. Barnum once said; "There's no such thing as bad publicity":)

This is the whole point of it.. there's nothing else behind it but publicity. Since we're on GAGR do we really have to keep discussing it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well, Brumby Jack has even prompted Jason Allen to get himself into the press. Maybe the Waratahs should hire Brumby Jack as their PR man next year, he's accomplished more in a week than some have in 3 years:)

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I know you have to back yourself, and I think Wamberal is right that once its played out he'll be allowed in: are they going to check people's bags to make sure no one has a horse's head in it? If he's not there the caterers will be under further suspicion.
However if we lose we look like dickheads whereas if we win we look like we want everyone to have fun. Surely no one thinks he's their secret weapon?
Please don't mention caterers and horse meat in the same sentence. You might be giving away trade secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.