• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Here you go - "Tony is wonderful and we want to have his babies. Yar boo sux to Labor"
Australian has been VERY critical of the coalition of late but I suspect you don't read it. In fact they have been rather scathing of Abbot.

At least they employ journalists.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Australian has been VERY critical of the coalition of late but I suspect you don't read it. In fact they have been rather scathing of Abbot.

At least they employ journalists.

Hardly any newspaper these days employs real journalists. Usually it's a stack of people who may as well be transcription services as they merely report everything without a hint of any independent thought or critical questioning, a few transparently biased "editors" or "senior journalists" to provide opinion pieces suiting the political tone of the newspaper and a handful of relic journalists who have escaped past purges and who manage to occasionally slip in a real article now and then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If High court says "x", Abbott will go another tack

It is one of the few things the electorate is happy about

Yeah it just makes you so proud of the community.

I wouldn't be surprised if Abbott takes another remedy to get around any high court decision. With Clive's senate games, a legislative remedy would be a possibility. Coalition has a bit of history in doing so. They legislated away the Wik decision, whereas on the same subject Labor created the Native Title act to re-enforce the Mabo decision. Remember the times when the act was implemented? It was a real act of leadership on behalf of the Keating government to do the right thing and not just the popular thing.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The reason they are not home safe in bed is the left who have brought the court case is keeping them on the boats as hostages to their ideological war with Abbott.
Let them suffer as long as the ends justify the means.

The Carbon taxis gone scrappy or notand thanks to the greens we have no emissions schemes at all. Too much purity.

You seriously got something to back that up?

I have said my part on the Greens Runner.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Greens are of the left thats why no criticism that Russia one of the worlds largest gas supplies should not have a carbon tax. Perhaps their politics are too close to Russians. Alright to criticize China as they are the wrong left having to much capitalism.

I do like the nickname they have. "The watermelons".

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I see the Greens and the PUP as protest parties, their challenge is the the more they become part of the system, the more the "protesters" become disaffected and they lose votes.

The Greens lost standing IMHO the more they worked and did deals with Labor, the PUP will have the same issue with the Libs.

In saying this about comparing the two, I do believe the Greens are genuine in their beliefs whereas I don't think anybody can say that about PUP or Palmer in particular.

The problem the Greens have is putting their ideology into a practical context. It is a major problem when you get a taste of power.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hardly any newspaper these days employs real journalists. Usually it's a stack of people who may as well be transcription services as they merely report everything without a hint of any independent thought or critical questioning, a few transparently biased "editors" or "senior journalists" to provide opinion pieces suiting the political tone of the newspaper and a handful of relic journalists who have escaped past purges and who manage to occasionally slip in a real article now and then.

I like the word purge. Perhaps the ABC shows such Breakfast News, Insiders Q&A and Lateline need a bit of that as it is often used in left circles.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Also consider that one BHP mine in the Hunter (owned through a shelf subsidiary) has posted the highest coal production figures ever for the last financial year. In that same year the mine made a loss on paper, presumably to avoid the soon to be abolished MRRT by "investing" in equipment and writing its value down.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Chris Richardson seems to disagree with all the smh rubbish about the urgent need to repar the budget.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Someone give Bill a cigar.

Standard accessory for those who marry into money.

God what a bloody hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.