• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
I realise that the camera was on the same side as the crowd but didnt sound like there were to many there. Which DiV club gets the biggest home crowds?

Good question, I think a lot of clubs have a special "day" or two and they get a good crowd to that.
Other than that crowds are non existent, possibly Colleagues consistently have the better numbers watching over the year.
Certainly a lot less watching games than in the old days

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hear Newport have been fudging their crowd numbers.
I reckon BOBS have the strongest crowds this year.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Not that I'm above some good old fashion sledging, finger pointing and blame shifting.....

I was on the Subbies website and going through the HH team lists and the teams have remained pretty constant through out the year. Yes my life truly is that sad. Interestingly, the biggest changes have led to absolute spankings, not the best recruitment efforts.

Money could be involved and we all know how team lists can be "amended" but it's an awful lot of effort to go through just to avoid a relegation they were no likely to suffer from.

Just saying.....:rolleyes:

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
do you have a link to that page? it would be interesting to look at the team lists of various teams but when I went to the subbies website I couldn't find any

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
do you have a link to that page? it would be interesting to look at the team lists of various teams but when I went to the subbies website I couldn't find any

It's a convoluted exercise but go to the Draws & Results page and select the Division and Cup you want to look at. On the left hand side is a odd looking square. Click on that and it opens the teams lists for each team that week.

Just remember, it's time in you life you just can't get back:confused:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Been there, done that, achieved nothing because Subbies had no time to investigate my claims that certain clubs were running out the same two sides and putting different names down.

Driver's licence versus passport means you're two different blokes apparently

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I hear Newport have been fudging their crowd numbers.
I reckon BOBS have the strongest crowds this year.

Crashy that is obviously a picture of you in the middle photo bombing your mates. My source from Newport reports that they went through 75+ cases of beer during the Breakers vs Forest local derby. I would argue that those two clubs consistantly draw the largest crowds in subbies.

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
Crashy that is obviously a picture of you in the middle photo bombing your mates. My source from Newport reports that they went through 75+ cases of beer during the Breakers vs Forest local derby. I would argue that those two clubs consistantly draw the largest crowds in subbies.
I'd vouch for big crowds at breakers games, especially on a fine day. Nice profit for the club on 75 cartons sold too you'd reckon.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Been there, done that, achieved nothing because Subbies had no time to investigate my claims that certain clubs were running out the same two sides and putting different names down.

Driver's licence versus passport means you're two different blokes apparently

Hi Pfitzy, not sure what your getting at here? How could it advantage a club to run the same players for two games in a row?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hi Pfitzy, not sure what your getting at here? How could it advantage a club to run the same players for two games in a row?

Qualification.

When it gets towards finals times, lower division clubs will happily throw their top grade(s) in order to get their lower side(s) a trophy.

e.g. in Fifth Division, several clubs I played against had dropoff in numbers and so their Seconds would go out hard, then line up again and get belted in Firsts but try to avoid injuries.

The obvious complication here comes under the Qualification Rules in the Subbies manual, where you must have played the majority of your games for the Grade you plan to play with in finals. Issue is you played both, and only the higher one counts UNLESS you came off the bench.

So the requisite dodgy team sheet is submitted, and the names who played both grades are conspicuously absent from First Grade. Subbies check their records, and hey presto! Suddenly all these guys who were half-decent First Grade are awesome Second Grade players!

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
So the requisite dodgy team sheet is submitted, and the names who played both grades are conspicuously absent from First Grade. Subbies check their records, and hey presto! Suddenly all these guys who were half-decent First Grade are awesome Second Grade players![/quote]

Gotchya...........safe to say you'll always get one or two higher graders drift lower come semis time but my experience is the players that have played all season in that grade

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Gotchya.....safe to say you'll always get one or two higher graders drift lower come semis time but my experience is the players that have played all season in that grade will not make way.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There's the rub: the club in question doesn't have enough players to fill their grades at this stage, so they figure "fuck it, go for the trophy!"

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'd suggest the onus for dodgy team sheets isn't on Subbies but the other side on the day. Firstly checking blokes are who they say they are, and secondly that they are entered correctly on line. So often you get teams that put down a dodgy name on the day, OR put down the correct name but just not enter it online and trust the oppisition side won't check.

If clubs did this then you'd see a big increase in offenders being caught. Sadly most registrars/secretaries just don't have the time or the inclination, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As a former Registrar who was trying to juggle coaching and playing at the same time, the time is the biggest factor.

While its perfectly within the rules of the manual to ask for photo ID, most of the Islander boys don't carry it as a rule. And even if they're asked to produce it at a later date, their passport and driver's license won't agree on what their name is. There was even a guy playing for our club who had three different names on three different things, all of them legal documents signed off by the relevant authorities.

They usually have it come finals time. But its a bit late by then if your club is the only one checking ID.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
As a former Registrar who was trying to juggle coaching and playing at the same time, the time is the biggest factor.

While its perfectly within the rules of the manual to ask for photo ID, most of the Islander boys don't carry it as a rule. And even if they're asked to produce it at a later date, their passport and driver's license won't agree on what their name is. There was even a guy playing for our club who had three different names on three different things, all of them legal documents signed off by the relevant authorities.

They usually have it come finals time. But its a bit late by then if your club is the only one checking ID.

You going to the Rouse Hill fixtures tomorrow Pfitzy?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I might drop in quickly on my way to an early arvo drinking session at Surrey Hills to have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.