• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Other SupeRugby 2014 Semi-Final - Crusaders v Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone seen the Sharks lineup yet? I can't find it atm.

Particularly interested in the halves. Bismarck spent the whole match absolutely giving it to Reinach last week then everything cooled when McLeod came on and they saved the game. He's an exciting guy to watch Reinach but I suspect Jake might lean to the cooler head this week, if nothing else to appease his skipper.

And surely Lambie can't be sitting on the bench again. I assume he'll be fly half with the rest shifting out a spot and Sithole to the bench.

Maybe Jake might quietly pull Bismark aside and tell him that he (White) picks the side not the captain.

The way most SA teams select their halfback is why Du Preez is still their first choice. None of the up-and-coming half backs ever get a look in unless they refuse to pass and box kick everything.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought I saw the Sharks team announcement on the Super Rugby Facebook page. It could have been just a touring squad but. Can't rightly say and couldn't be arsed looking for it on my phone.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No team yet will come later today. Reckon McCleod and Lambie will start.

Reinach is very inconsistent.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks – 15 SP Marais, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Paul Jordaan, 12 Frans Steyn, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Pat Lambie, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Ryan Kankowski, 7 Jean Deysel, 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Willem Alberts, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis (c), 1 Thomas du Toit.
Subs: 16 Kyle Cooper, 17 Dale Chadwick, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Etienne Oosthuizen, 20 Tera Mtembu, 21 Charl McLeod, 22 S’bura Sithole, 23 Tonderai Chavhanga.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Much better backline with Lambie and Frans at 10/12.

Sharks will move the ball more that people expect.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Kieron Fonotia, 13 Ryan Crotty, 12 Dan Carter, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Colin Slade, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Richie McCaw, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Corey Flynn , 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Jordan Taufua, 21 Willi Heinz, 22 Tom Taylor, 23 Johnny McNicholl.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Crusaders: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Kieron Fonotia, 13 Ryan Crotty, 12 Dan Carter, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Colin Slade, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Richie McCaw, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Corey Flynn , 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Nepo Laulala, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Jordan Taufua, 21 Willi Heinz, 22 Tom Taylor, 23 Johnny McNicholl.
Very noob bench, other than Heinz and Taylor.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not enough Whitelocks for the Cru.

Pat Lambie in the Shorks 10 jumper will add some spice to their backline, and will make them work hard for their victory.

This may not be the walkover that many think it will be.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Very noob bench, other than Heinz and Taylor.

Funnell has started most of the season at hooker and Taufua has been one of our standouts this year. Heinz is kak, and the last couple of games that Johnny McNiichol has come off the bench he's actually been decent and provided impact.

Taylor has had a poor year. His play at fullback was shocking.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Lambie at 10 changes a lot - Shorks are a totally different team with him starting as he is streets ahead of Frans at playing 10 right now.

Reid to play out of his skin and carry the Crusaders to win by 8.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Easily the first choice Sharks side. If the Sharks backline don't run more frequently with the likes of Lambie, Jordaan, Marais etc. I'll be surprised.

With Beast out, that is an absolutely brutal forward pack. Thomas du Toit (one of those Paarl lads that Paarlbok has been touting as a future Bok) looked so assured last week for a 19 year old acquiring his first (?) Super Rugby cap.

Canterbury is no happy hunting ground for touring sides but I reckon the Sharks might actually make history again this weekend.

Sharks by 3.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
White has been bitching that the Crusaders didn't play the Tahs and the Blues and got second place on false pretences. Meanwhile the Sharks didn't play the Force and the chiefs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Everyone gets to avoid/ miss out on 1 team from each of the other confs, 'tahs "avoided" my guys & missed out on the Cheetahs, Jake's talking through his arse again & maybe one of the journo's at the press conf should've pointed that out to him...........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He's a Saffer - never met one I could accuse of talking shit and have them agree with me :)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
He's a Saffer - never met one I could accuse of talking shit and have them agree with me :)

I hear from my mate, your Saffer neighbour, that your wife still feeds him lollies through the back fence.

Don't make your problems ours.

Jake Shite loves to talk White before games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A team that lost to the Stormers at home and the Cheetahs away in the last month or so of the tournament really shouldn't be complaining about missing out on second place.

Status
Not open for further replies.