• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBagger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apologies for furthering such a rumour.

Tough to see the side crash out though, there was a lot of expectation among the old boys/lower grades that this might be the year.
Understandable, I would have definitely thought there was some truth in it if I wasn't at the game.
Yeah year has been very dissapointing. Always start slow and finish strong and I guess the shortened year has effected that. Few injuries but can't blame it on that, every side has to deal with injuries.
Just didn't click this year.
Still riding a bit on the gf appearance last year, with the attitude of assuming we'll make it. Ah well there's always next year. Let's just hope this NRC is a success and gives some club players a good crack.
Any ideas on some bolters for the squad?

griffins

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Understandable, I would have definitely thought there was some truth in it if I wasn't at the game.
Yeah year has been very dissapointing. Always start slow and finish strong and I guess the shortened year has effected that. Few injuries but can't blame it on that, every side has to deal with injuries.
Just didn't click this year.
Still riding a bit on the gf appearance last year, with the attitude of assuming we'll make it. Ah well there's always next year. Let's just hope this NRC is a success and gives some club players a good crack.
Any ideas on some bolters for the squad?

I do wonder sometimes about how they are actually trying to play. The backline, with gun players across the park and serious experience in the likes of BJ and Macca, run themselves and look very sharp first phase. But beyond that there doesn't appear to be a clear plan, and they seem to get a bit lost. Without sok we seem to lack that killer punch. We just seemed to be better organised when Condi was running the show.

Can't praise the players enough though, they were fantastic on the weekend especially when they needed to deliver a special performance. Roll on next year!

rugby_pro

Frank Row (1)
Great day out at Viking Park
With Vikings getting knock off in 4 out of the 5 grades and even better whites getting up in first grade 33-32 against tuggeranong and placing them into the gf

Filthy gee

Frank Row (1)
Easy win to Gungahlin Eagles 45-19, after leading 40-0. Far too strong all over the park. Wests scored a few tries after a number of Eagles were replaced. Wins to Eagles in 2s & 3s against Wests and Qbn; and Royals won after the bell in 4s. Interesting finish in 4s with Wests leading and winning their scrum at full time. The Wests half picked up the ball and ran backwards towards his try line to finish the game but lost the ball and Royals scored the winning try!!

W

wrecking rider

I'm still in shock that Wests don't have a side left in any grade.

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone game to guess outcomes for this weekend. I know that Vikings have a number of injury issues but I think they'll get up in 1sts.
I also think Vikings 3rds will have a win.

rugby_pro

Frank Row (1)
Anyone game to guess outcomes for this weekend. I know that Vikings have a number of injury issues but I think they'll get up in 1sts.
I also think Vikings 3rds will have a win.
I think in firsts it will be a close one with tuggeranong having many injuries
But with Lionel cronje not playing due to going back to South Africa,
I agree with Charlie tuggeranong will get up

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
UC Vikings Squad - 2014
Tight-head props
Ruan Smith (Eastern Suburbs)
Allan Ala'alatoa (Uni-Norths Owls)
Les Makin (Queanbeyan Whites)

Hookers
Siliva Siliva (Royals)
Seilala Lam (TBA)
Mitch Wade (TBA)

Loose-head props
JP Smith (Queanbeyan Whites)
Scott Sio (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Sione Taula (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Locks
Sam Carter (Royals)
Tom Staniforth (Royals)
Dave McKern (Western Districts Lions)
Gareth Clouston (Tuggeranong Vikings)
(One more TBA)

Blind-side flankers/No.8s
Fotu Auelua (Western Districts Lions)
Tim Cree (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Jordan Smiler (Eastern Suburbs)

Open-side flankers
Jarrad Butler (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Sean Doyle (TBA)
Rowan Perry (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Scrumhalves
Michael Dowsett (Uni-Norths Owls)
Joe Powell (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Fly-halves
Rod Iona (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Isaac Thompson (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Wingers
Henry Speight (Gungahlin Eagles)
Joe Tomane (Uni-Norths Owls)
Jerome Nuimata (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Drew Southwell (Western Districts Lions)
Liam Slater (Royals)

Inside centres
Christian Lealiifano (Tuggeranong Vikings)
Matt Hawke (Gungahlin Eagles)
Pat McCabe (Western Districts Lions)

Outside centres
Nigel Ahwong (TBA)
Jake Rakic (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Fullbacks
Robbie Coleman (Queanbeyan Whites)
Jesse Mogg (Western Districts)
Brendon Taueki (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Found it surprising there are not more Qbn guys in the team? I am very surprised Penca wasnt given a spot after the season he has had.

Who is Jake Rakic? From Tuggeranong - never heard of him.

Lala Lam playing as a hooker?? When did this happen?

Charlie Brown

Chris McKivat (8)
Congrats to all grades Vikings today. They had a clean sweep with all grades through to the GF. Very convincing win in 3's and 1's.
Should be a great day next Saturday for GF.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
GF's for next weekend -

4th Grade - Vikings V QBN
3rd Grade - Vikings V Royals
2nd Grade - Vikings V QBN
1st Grade - Vikings V QBN

Colts - Vikings V QBN

Grant Jones

Ted Fahey (11)
How was the oval yesterday after the rain? Big old mud bath lol

Its looking more and more like a Vikings V Qbyn Grade Final in every grade.

How do they set the finals up? 1 V 2 and 3 V 4 Semi's - winner of 1 V 2 straight to the grade final - loser players the winner of 3 V 4 to move into the grade final?

You were close about us being in all the finals, bit of a shame about the end of the season for our 3's! Hopefully we can pinch a grade or two off the professionals!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Viking Park will fall down if QBN get the 1st grade GF - will be a great day of footy - cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.