• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

rimmerdee

Stan Wickham (3)
Believe everything you read in the papers? And what the fuck does "eligible" even mean?

Does Kurtley play for any of the clubs in the West? Randwick I think you'll find.

What about Kuridrani? Doesn't even have history here.

Tell me - where are the players in every position from Penrith and Parramatta that are going to deliver the title? How many of them have Super experience?

Its all well and good to throw the toys out of the cot because something isn't done the way you want. But then you're in the same position as all the people who didn't want the NRC in the first place like Poido and the Sydney Uni lot.

Rugby in Western Sydney can't stand on its own two feet - due completely to the neglect of the Powers That Be. Now we can correct that mistake, on our own, as it should be.

Relying on the toffs to take any interest beyond lip service in the heartland of the NRL is wasting your time. They've got their own fires to fight.

It is what it is. Get on board, and we can make our own destiny.

Sensitive are we haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sensitive are we haha

I'm pissed off that rugby is run by a bunch of supposed white collar professionals who can't even organise their own back yard in the east.

I'm fucking fed up with Western Sydney being ignored altogether in the meantime.

I'm also had it up to the fucking back teeth with people saying the format of this competition isn't right, or the players aren't properly aligned, or club land isn't getting enough of a say.

Club land had decades to get their shit together, and nearly twenty years since professionalism they're still tinpot operations, scrabbling and infighting.

So yeah, I'm a bit sensitive that this whole positive exercise is going to be derailed by people who like to just sit back and snipe about the things they think are wrong, instead of jumping in and helping make things right.

rimmerdee

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm pissed off that rugby is run by a bunch of supposed white collar professionals who can't even organise their own back yard in the east.

I'm fucking fed up with Western Sydney being ignored altogether in the meantime.

I'm also had it up to the fucking back teeth with people saying the format of this competition isn't right, or the players aren't properly aligned, or club land isn't getting enough of a say.

Club land had decades to get their shit together, and nearly twenty years since professionalism they're still tinpot operations, scrabbling and infighting.

So yeah, I'm a bit sensitive that this whole positive exercise is going to be derailed by people who like to just sit back and snipe about the things they think are wrong, instead of jumping in and helping make things right.

I see what you mean. You put it like that I totally agree with you

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The rams are no longer a collective association of the western sydney clubs anyway. Its a private franchise operating in collaboration with those clubs.
I gave this a like. Presumably the clubs themselves have minimal financial investments in the team then (don't think thay were particularly flush anyway, especially after Eastwood pulled out).

But, if so, who are the owners now? Any links to info on this?

NDale

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys there is initiative behind players like Kuridrani are at the club and it will all be revealed in good time.
I am one of 2 blokes running the horned army which has been backed by the rams officials as the fanatics group for the club and this will all be explained later, with the website launch etc.

We are working on competitions for chants and other things, which will again be released when they get the 100% go ahead and the website is up and running.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Hey guys there is initiative behind players like Kuridrani are at the club and it will all be revealed in good time.
I am one of 2 blokes running the horned army which has been backed by the rams..........We are working on competitions for chants
Can you confirm that Kuridrani became a Ram because his name rhymes with Horned Army and will work with one of the chants ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Pfitzy, I fucking agree.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I gave this a like. Presumably the clubs themselves have minimal financial investments in the team then (don't think thay were particularly flush anyway, especially after Eastwood pulled out).

But, if so, who are the owners now? Any links to info on this?

The Rams are 75% owned by the new lot and 15% owned by the clubs as last I was aware. The new owners are a consortium of people from financial and corporate backgrounds. New marketing team don't support or have knowledge on rugby. It doesn't really matter other than the fact the clubs don't have control any more, none of them were putting in excessive amounts of money in the first place.

The rams are training at the SFS two nights a week too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers

I could if you'd like. I'll barring illness be at every home game and hopefully both their Sydney based away games. Well, Coogee most likely.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The player profiles on the website are a bit all over the place:

spelling and grammar mistakes galore

players names misspelt

can tell whoever has done the player profiles has just copied down word for word exactly what the boys have written down on the forms rather than try and get a bit of consistency with them Eg some players are listed by position by their number (13) while others are listed as outside centre or just centre,

honours section when a player hasn't played anything besides 1st grade
should just be either left blank or just listed as "1st grade (insert club/s here)" seems weird to write "only first grade" or "no honours only first grade"

Should include school and junior club, engages kids more and they can go "look so and so went to my school or played for the same club as I did"

Jed Gillespie referring to his ideal dinner party involving: "a few good mates and 50 chicks". Surely management could have told him that wasn't the best thing to write, sure most guys would think that but its another thing to actually have it written down in your player profile for the world to see

Understand its a work in progress but shit it isn't too much to ask for them to get the players names right is it? At a casual glance there is at least 4 players with their name spelt wrong