• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm in the same mind as SH. All reports I've heard say that Foulds "chokes" when trying to get the ball out under pressure, something he's developed a reputation for in League land - not a skill deficit you'd get away with in today's competition.

Smith's issues with union have been well documented on this forum, so I won't go in to it. But I hear the latest news is that Smith is the latest victim (for lack of a better word) of Barker's no dickhead policy, the same that saw Noel McLean play the majority of the season in the second XV. Smith was dicking around at training, and allegedly "complained about how difficult 12 was, and that he wanted a different position". As such, Barker told him to piss off to the seconds, where he has stayed for a while now

Interesting to see how injuries play a role in getting these lads on the paddock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do not know where you are getting all your information but Barker tried Smith as 8 after 12 didn't work out.
Smith is playing 16A's, he played this last weekend as 12 and played well.
Passed and help set up tries not just going alone.
The word is he is happy to be away from the politics of Barker.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Im not sure whats all the hype around the so called unstoppable centres smith and foulds, both are out classed in every way by their older collegians Sam Edwards and Jerumi Nanai who will play 13 and 12 I am told. Never had a chance making it over those boys

Couldn't agree more - there is a lot more to playing in the centers than size.

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
BBC should get the upper hand in the scrums: perhaps TSS in the backs. My 'two bob' is the game will go to the team that wins the breakdown, which should be BBC.

Bbc will struggle at the break down with out the disruptive influence of Tuuga and the big hits from Gunter...BBC 1 & 3 will run out of steam neither will go the distance and they both wont run off the 10 with a crash ball.
The BBC back line has a lot of notable defenders bar one, so if there is no lazy forwards seagulling out in the backs i feel they will be able to contain the likes of Fittock and Neal.
Close tuff game.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Do not know where you are getting all your information but Barker tried Smith as 8 after 12 didn't work out.
Smith is playing 16A's, he played this last weekend as 12 and played well.
Passed and help set up tries not just going alone.
The word is he is happy to be away from the politics of Barker.

I've had a chat to someone in the know who relayed me that story.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Teams for Round 1 - TSS v BBC

14551001908_f9366e2fa2_b_d.jpg

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT Team V BGS

1 Kyle Leofa
2 Dominic Fraser
3 Jacob Stanley
4 Nick Duffy
5 Isaiah Grace
6 Ted Porter
7 Connor Moroney ©
8 George Cox
9 Reuben Wall
10 Alex Horan
11 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki
12 Hiale Roycroft
13 Nikau Te Rupe
14 Callum Grigson
15 Nick Weller

Notes – Fraser beat out Tim McMahon for the hooker role, Carrigan is out for at least another 3-4 weeks, Wall beat off the challenge of Lutvey for the 9 jersey and Grigson won the open wing spot, although I am not entirely sure on the Matt Forsythe situation, rumours are he was ‘rested’ from the BGS game (hardly surprising) and may be in the team next week.

They are expecting around 5-6K at the game this weekend so come early.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BGS First XV V GT
1 J Graham
2 J Childs
3 L Ryals
4 J Cavaye
5 H Bartkowski
6 E Cichero (Vice Captain)
7 P Dooley (Captain)
8 N Ebzery
9 C Halliday
10 T Sly
11 O Fison
12 M Wenck
13 M Wolstenholme
14 J Traves
15 C Clancy

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
BBC too many guns for weakest TSS team over past 10 years.
Child's play for Swain, Ngamanu et al.
Maybe Dempsey gets his much cherished 1st win against his old school?
The last time BBC beat TSS was 2006 when TSS won the comp and BBC the spoon. And there's no sign of Slipper, Taps & Morahan this year .....

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Rumors right out of the terradome itself are saying that the talent "Matthew Forsyth" is set to appear early in the game on the wing off the bench, this addition is set to inject some speed into the terrace backline.

I'm sure that his former Grammar team mates will make a big statement about his move to GT if he runs on Internationals tomorrow...

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Here's my crack at Final 1st XV table:
1 ACGS
2 NC
3 BBC
4 BSHS
5 TSS
6 GT
7 IGS
8 TGS
9 BGS

All other teams in all other age groups to be won by NC.

chips

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm sure that his former Grammar team mates will make a big statement about his move to GT if he runs on Internationals tomorrow.
I can report that this is completely untrue as the director of sport at gt has failed to lodge the appropriate paper work, hence Forsyth can play 16's but can not take the field in the firsts, not even off the bench. If he were to do so, gt would be ineligible to win a premiership, even if undefeated. Bit like having a Ferrari and leaving it in the garage!!!!!

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
I've had a chat to someone in the know who relayed me that story.

Smith also this week returned to BBC boarding house after earlier last term having a run in with the new director of boarding..........looks like all is forgiven .
16A's I hear are more than happy to have him in that team.
2nd's for BBC will be strong also both of these teams have strong teams.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Smith also this week returned to BBC boarding house after earlier last term having a run in with the new director of boarding....looks like all is forgiven .
16A's I hear are more than happy to have him in that team.
2nd's for BBC will be strong also both of these teams have strong teams.

Even if all is forgiven, he seems to have had a few run ins with authority figures - sounds like he needs an attitude adjustment to me. Hopefully he matures as time passes, his upside is incredible if he can just refine all the little things

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Even if all is forgiven, he seems to have had a few run ins with authority figures - sounds like he needs an attitude adjustment to me. Hopefully he matures as time passes, his upside is incredible if he can just refine all the little things

Sadly I do not believe this is going to happen anytime soon.
He is special as he was best on field in the under16's state of origin rugby league team.
This was after being chosen for that team , when he was sent off for most games of CC games and didn't turn up to training for that team.
I hear he hasn't trained hard at BBC either but he seems to still land on his feet and is a likeable boy.
Lets see if he cares.I hear he is more concerned to play league for the Roosters after they flew him to Sydney last year and have promised his family the world if he gets out of his junior contract with the Broncos.

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
BBC too many guns for weakest TSS team over past 10 years.
Child's play for Swain, Ngamanu et al.
Maybe Dempsey gets his much cherished 1st win against his old school?
The last time BBC beat TSS was 2006 when TSS won the comp and BBC the spoon. And there's no sign of Slipper, Taps & Morahan this year ...

Not sure if you have looked at the TSS team list or know any of the boys.
Weld, hard running 70 minute player very under rated prop.
Mackenzie, hard runner, plenty of niggle can go the 70.
Pj Van Den Berg, Brick on legs, have been told hardest guy to tackle in Qld.
Lenac, plenty of niggle, want take a backward step, as long as he doesn't get red carded.
Campbell, allegedly the best #10 in Qld.
Neal, Hard running high work rate #11, has played every position in rugby apart from the front row. and plays them all very well.
Fittock, Aus school boy, speaks for its self.
Dorrough, has made every rep team since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem (Aus school boys 1st rep team he has missed out on)
Maybe childs play for Ngamanu, I would like to have a wager on Swain giving away a penalty at crucial time and costing the team 3 points or the team down to 14 men.
I think Bbc might have to shorten the prayer for an extra session of face slapping, because if they start off asleep like last weekend they will have 7 put on them before they can say Amen.

NextPropModel

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not sure if you have looked at the TSS team list or know any of the boys.
Weld, hard running 70 minute player very under rated prop.
Mackenzie, hard runner, plenty of niggle can go the 70.
Pj Van Den Berg, Brick on legs, have been told hardest guy to tackle in Qld.
Lenac, plenty of niggle, want take a backward step, as long as he doesn't get red carded.
Campbell, allegedly the best #10 in Qld.
Neal, Hard running high work rate #11, has played every position in rugby apart from the front row. and plays them all very well.
Fittock, Aus school boy, speaks for its self.
Dorrough, has made every rep team since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem (Aus school boys 1st rep team he has missed out on)
Maybe childs play for Ngamanu, I would like to have a wager on Swain giving away a penalty at crucial time and costing the team 3 points or the team down to 14 men.
I think Bbc might have to shorten the prayer for an extra session of face slapping, because if they start off asleep like last weekend they will have 7 put on them before they can say Amen.

Good observations. Who alleges Campbell is the best 10 in Qld? Surely if he was that good he would have been invited to the 2nd round of GPS trials, which from memory didn't happen. I think Horan would give him more than a run for his money.

leftrightout

Stan Wickham (3)
Good observations. Who alleges Campbell is the best 10 in Qld? Surely if he was that good he would have been invited to the 2nd round of GPS trials, which from memory didn't happen. I think Horan would give him more than a run for his money.

Some guy on G&G, just after the 1st round of GPS trials he was on here beating the "Campbell" drum, cant remember his handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.