• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

So even though he's not playing there, and in fact other than his wallaby debut in 2009 has never played there, he is a wing option now?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I actually didn't ever suggest that Beale was playing over To'omua did I? Or that he was my preferred option there? Only that the match up on the weekend may decide it..

What I am happy to suggest is that I'm pretty sure Link wouldn't have ruled a line through Beale for a starting spot on August 16th..it's where to fit him in that's the problem..

T

Train Without a Station

I'm pretty sure Link will pick the best team and won't be worrying about "fitting in" anybody who doesn't already fit in that.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So even though he's not playing there, and in fact other than his wallaby debut in 2009 has never played there, he is a wing option now?

yep..in case you hadn't noticed he usually plays on the left wing in defence, Horne moves infield. They may change that this week as he is marking Speight.

T

Train Without a Station

Hiding in defence and playing on the wing are two different things. QC (Quade Cooper) defended at fullback for the Reds. Nobody said we should have fit him in the Wallabies as a fullback

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Link has said quote unquote that he's nailed his colours to the mast in terms of naming Foley and Beale as his current options at 10.

One will start and one will be on the bench in the current side.

Beale's form is excellent but so has Foley's so it's hard to see Foley losing his starting spot right now.

I don't think he's going to try and get creative to try and fit Foley, Beale and To'omua all into his starting side.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
another option of course, and probably the one that eventuates, is that Beale takes the vacant wing spot for the time being.

And yes Brumbies supporters, I am aware that Speight will likely end up there and I await the shelling re Tomane taking it for the time being :rolleyes:
I think it will be Horne or McCabe on the wing.. probably Horne as McCabes better off the bench..

So no I don't think Tomane..

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I think it will be Horne or McCabe on the wing.. probably Horne as McCabes better off the bench..

So no I don't think Tomane..

Apologies if this has already been addressed .
Has Speight been told no Bledisloe?
I'm constantly being told he is not elligible for NZ, yet game 3 is after sept 11 and could easily be a decider.
Thats unless some nasty scalper has sold me tickets to a game that doesn't exist.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm constantly being told he is not elligible for NZ, yet game 3 is after sept 11 and could easily be a decider.
Thats unless some nasty scalper has sold me tickets to a game that doesn't exist.

September 11 is the date so he's pencilled in for a debut against the Pumas on September 13 on the Gold Coast.

Definitely eligible for third Bledisloe.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He can play the decider

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Excellent...not sure I like the fact that he is being guaranteed a spot when he's eligible.
If Horne or McCabe have blinder I'd like to see Speight have to work his way in.
Giving someone a wallaby jumper "until Speight is ready" is a bit of an insult I think and sends a bad message.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

and to clarify, the discussion was about who would fill in on the Badger's wing until Speight is eligible

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Excellent.not sure I like the fact that he is being guaranteed a spot when he's eligible.
If Horne or McCabe have blinder I'd like to see Speight have to work his way in.
Giving someone a wallaby jumper "until Speight is ready" is a bit of an insult I think and sends a bad message.

Put it this way. If Horne or McCabe score a hattrick the week before, Speight may have to play off the bench.

Given his excellent and consistent form, I don't think it's really an insult to the other players to consider him an almost certain debutant once eligible. He'd be a certain debutant in the first Bledisloe if he was eligible.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Put it this way. If Horne or McCabe score a hattrick the week before, Speight may have to play off the bench.

Given his excellent and consistent form, I don't think it's really an insult to the other players to consider him an almost certain debutant once eligible. He'd be a certain debutant in the first Bledisloe if he was eligible.
agree at the moment but I would hate to have someones dream of a Wallaby cap soured by being told "you can have Henry's jumper but make sure you give it back to him before Argentina"....you dont need to be second guessing your worth while wearing a gold jumper.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I tend to agree, about Speight, he really is something else, and while not fair on other players.. I can't see him not in the team quick smart..

The guy's going to be a Super Star.. The Demolition Jobs he did on the Force and Chiefs is pretty standard for Speight, if you give him the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.