• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Chaps, the annual member survey is now online.

Without obviously prejudicing the outcome, may I be so cheeky as to suggest we err on the favourable side for the questions relating to RaboDirect's involvement with the club and their brand image?

It won't hurt to give the club a bit of a leg-up in their annual report to the major sponsor ;)

i have already done so

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Me too.

One of the survey questions reminded me of a very important question - who's going to Gala ball next year? GAGR table anyone?

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Question in the survey about what the Rebels could do better on game day ? well they could try and win once in a while . This was a very dissapointing year ,we started out ok and then went back to being easybeats , there did not appear to be any cohesion or constuctive patterns , teams just walked by us , TV highlights nowdays usually show the team in question scoring easy tries against us .
I am a foundation member but thinking seriously about not renewing , Higgers in his press today says he is extremely proud of what the team has achieved , proud of a wooden spoon ? then the old hack of new teams take a while to develop ,, time is over and the players and staff need a wake up call to toughen up and look like they have a game plan in attack and defense ..
Here ends the rant , thanks for letting me get that off

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe the off-season will help replenish the batteries.

Enjoy the Rugby Championship, cheer on the Wallabies and settle in for the summer of cricket (if that's your thing).

Come February the passion will be there again.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I know there's a Rising-specific forum but it's tumbleweeds in there at the moment.

Four confirmed home matches at AAMI Park with gate tickets at $15, and a $46 season ticket for 2014 Rebels members.

Wut?

I would have thought season tickets would offer existing members an advantage over hedging bets on gate tickets.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pretty much it's a free game.

Same deal that's pretty much offered for the Rebels membership, except, well, 4 for 3 is better than 8 for 7.

On top of that, there doesn't seem to be any allocated seating options. Does that mean it's a free for all?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Open seating would be great for us who are used to watching from behind the goals.

The flat pricing would seem to support that.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I like the fact there is a Sunday game in there, will be bringing the mini oztimmays along to that (unless the hawks are playing, then I don't have any chance). Thursday night an interest to me too. Pity we couldn't get at least two televised matches, but the Sydney teams were always going to get more.

Because I'm lazy and haven't checked the merch shop is anything up for sale yet?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Pretty much it's a free game.

Same deal that's pretty much offered for the Rebels membership, except, well, 4 for 3 is better than 8 for 7.

On top of that, there doesn't seem to be any allocated seating options. Does that mean it's a free for all?

I believe it will be a free for all. Might go and enjoy some rugby from the half way line, just for a change :)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Be nice to be on the touchline for once.

Not to say behind the posts is a particularly bad view, but having been to all 3 codes, touchline is defo better 4 all.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Home game times,

Friday the 22nd of August - vs North Harbour Rays (7:30pm)
Thursday 11th of September - vs Perth Spirit (7:30pm)
Sunday 28th of September - vs Canberra Vikings (2pm)
Saturday 18th of October - vs Queensland Country (6pm)

Think I will be sticking to my regular seat, spent the first year moving around and decided correctly on the right place to sit.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Colby Fainga'a won the players' player of the year. I was a little surprised by that. Daz Mitch got 2nd thoroughly deserved. Surprised Luke Jones was in 7th. I would have thought he was our best this year. I would have had Jones 1, Inman 2 and Ellison 3.

1 Fainga'a
2 Inman
3 Higgers
4 Fuglistaller
5 Burgess
6 Ellison
7 Jones
8 Hegarty

Status
Not open for further replies.