• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wait. Hang on I just need to go check something.

Ah, there it is: http://www.superxv.com/m/table.asp

Where are the Brumbies again?

Oh, and seriously. even if it was true that Canberra had the "best rugby team" all your shops close at 4pm.
Bullshit Canberra is open more then any other state, they also sell booze on every day but Chrisbo.. And hey We have silverware in our cupboard and on our way to our 3rd Title ..

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
On related topic - why the fuck are both finals games on the same day and back to back? Stupidest fucking scheduling... Why not have one on the Sunday? Or at least spread them out enough that both sets of fans going to the games can watch them.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Bullshit Canberra is open more then any other state, they also sell booze on every day but Chrisbo.. And hey We have silverware in our cupboard and on our way to our 3rd Title ..

Mate, I lived there for two years. Sundays were always a nightmate - it's like being on the set of the fucking walking dead after midday. Seriously, the place is Australia's biggest sinkhole ;-).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On related topic - why the fuck are both finals games on the same day and back to back? Stupidest fucking scheduling. Why not have one on the Sunday? Or at least spread them out enough that both sets of fans going to the games can watch them.
It would greatly cut the TV ratings and would leave the Sunday team at a disadvantage.

Would also be a problem with turnarounds if the final ended up in SA.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On related topic - why the fuck are both finals games on the same day and back to back? Stupidest fucking scheduling. Why not have one on the Sunday? Or at least spread them out enough that both sets of fans going to the games can watch them.

So then one team has an advantage in terms of turnaround for the final?

What's good that no matter who plays in the final it will be even in terms of travel unlike last year where the Chiefs had a massive advantage.

Any pub around the SFS precinct will be showing the Crusaders/Sharks match.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
So then one team has an advantage in terms of turnaround for the final?

What's good that no matter who plays in the final it will be even in terms of travel unlike last year where the Chiefs had a massive advantage.

Any pub around the SFS precinct will be showing the Crusaders/Sharks match.

Realistically it's one day, and that shouldn't have stopped them playing the Sharks-Saders today - which is another way to split it.

I also think that you're almost certain to get higher TV ratings by splitting it, as casual fans often don't watch back to back matches.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone else having trouble sleeping tonight?? This thread has said just about everything that could be said before a big game... I started a new job this week without batting an eyelid and I'm a nervous wreck for this game...

Goes to show I have my priorities straight!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah mate, massively nervous for this one - going to be an insane atmosphere with it looking like 40k+ ... The boys haven't said a word in their favour all year, keeping things very low key and just going about their business though (none of this "this is our time" BS that we've heard in prior years). Seems to be working - they've topped the comp for the first time ever and broken their winning streak record and made no fuss about either. Fingers crossed they win tomorrow and the next one.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Technically I'm a Reds fan, but seeing as my team played like busted arseholes this year, I threw my lot in with the Brumbies come finals time.
Did the natives tar and feather you?

Mate, I lived there for two years. Sundays were always a nightmate - it's like being on the set of the fucking walking dead after midday. Seriously, the place is Australia's biggest sinkhole ;-).

It has changed quite a bit though - I remember back in 94 i was starting with a mate down Tuggerranong way, and we got hungry around 9pm on a Thursday night. ONLY THING OPEN was the Shell servo, and the only hot food was hotdog meat held together by salmonella. Not even a pizza joint for delivery. Wagga had more!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mate, I lived there for two years. Sundays were always a nightmare - it's like being on the set of the fucking walking dead after midday. Seriously, the place is Australia's biggest sinkhole ;-).

Your so full of shit, at least on Sunday everything open Brisbane Closes at 4 Perth it's not open.. Sydney's just as fucking bad.. I lived there for most my life Ive lived in most major citys in oz and some overseas.. One thing canberra can't be called on is being fucking closed.. They run 24 /7 super markets and have bars open more then any other place and more public holidays.. which shopping is open on..

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quite the dilemma I find myself with.
Would normally tip the Brumbies over the Tahs in this situation, but I find it hard to envision the men from Canberra backing up and toppling the Saders at AMI Stadium, or the Sharks in Durban the following week.

Waratahs have the better chance of the two of realistically winning the title, provided they don't choke. Australian rugby would benefit too from a successful Tahs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah mate, massively nervous for this one - going to be an insane atmosphere with it looking like 40k+ . The boys haven't said a word in their favour all year, keeping things very low key and just going about their business though (none of this "this is our time" BS that we've heard in prior years). Seems to be working - they've topped the comp for the first time ever and broken their winning streak record and made no fuss about either. Fingers crossed they win tomorrow and the next one.

The Tahs approach this year has been especially professional and they have deserved their rewards (so far!). I think the reason Tahs fans seem to be coming across as the more nervous is that they have the greater expectations. Based on results this year, the Tahs should win and go on to win the title. But we all know that in sudden death contests, anything can happen on the day. If the Tahs win, the overwhelming initial reaction in Sydney tonight will be a great sigh of relief. If the Brumbies win, Canberra will be celebrating straight away.

Either way, the losers will be disappointed but will get behind the other for a win next week.

Reactions: BPC

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
The Tahs approach this year has been especially professional and they have deserved their rewards (so far!). I think the reason Tahs fans seem to be coming across as the more nervous is that they have the greater expectations. Based on results this year, the Tahs should win and go on to win the title. But we all know that in sudden death contests, anything can happen on the day. If the Tahs win, the overwhelming initial reaction in Sydney tonight will be a great sigh of relief. If the Brumbies win, Canberra will be celebrating straight away.

Either way, the losers will be disappointed but will get behind the other for a win next week.

If the Tahs win it will be a massive for Rugby in Sydney. Seriously, so many people have been waiting for a win for so long that they ought to get a parade if they can go all the way.

That said, the management under Cheika have made a real point of focussing on the playing philosophy first and the results second, and I reckon a lot of people respect that. People didn't respect the aim of prior coaches that "a win is a win" and the belief that "winning ugly" was the way to approach big games.

But yeah, if the Brumbies get up I'll be riding them all the way next week :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.