• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
GT lead BGS 13 to 3 at halftime, two tries to Nick Weller against the run of play, though GT have had moments of dominant play - they just couldn't convert it to points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The difference between the two teams was less than the score might indicate, though..

GT ran in a few cheap tries at the end

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ACGS 46 - IGS 16

Churchie backline living up to expectations, helped by some woeful defence from Ipswich. Ponga has the most outstanding footwork I've ever seen whilst Su'a was marked quite nicely. Ipswich held their own in the forwards very well and managed to win ball on vs number of occasions but they were a let down at line-out time. Everytime IGS gave the ball to their backs they were smashed or it was botched because there was no structure. Watch out for this ACGS team.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ACGS First XV

1. Richie Asiata
2. Josh Webb
3. Joel Kuchel
4. James Gall
5. Angus Scott-Young
6. Jeremy Gimpel
7. Liam Wright
8. Harley Fox
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Mack Mason (c)
11. Ben Ogilve
12. Jayden Su'a
13. Izaia Peresa
14. Brodie Croft
15. Kayln Ponga

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
The difference between the two teams was less than the score might indicate, though..

GT ran in a few cheap tries at the end

Really??? Mot from where I sat.

BGS 10 was very ordinary and BGS were poor and GT played down to them.

BGS never once threatened to score and their inside backs did not compete inn attack at all. GT handling was terrible and they probably bombed 4-5 tries.

BGC 11 was their best.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Really??? Mot from where I sat.

BGS 10 was very ordinary and BGS were poor and GT played down to them.

BGS never once threatened to score and their inside backs did not compete inn attack at all. GT handling was terrible and they probably bombed 4-5 tries.

BGC 11 was their best.

I agree with you re BGS 10, but he had his moments, and will only improve with experience. He crabs across the field to hit runners like a league 6, and in all games I've seen with similar style flyhalves the strategy has crashed and burned. In saying that he connected well with the BGS 13 when they were crabbing.

The word that spring to my mind after watching Horan vs Sly was that Horan was a more graceful player - his passes and kicks were perfect, out in front of the chest of all receivers. I don't believe he made an error once in attack, but he didn't have a perfect all round game, to qualify as perfect I'd say he needed to make all his kicks, tackles, and impose himself on the defence by running through gaps.

Instead of BGS11, I believe you may be thinking of 14, a red head names Johnathan Traves. He was undoubtedly the best of BGS' backs.

Paddy Dooley (8) was the best player on the pitch for BGS IMO, he was just everywhere in attack and defence.

Finally, for all those that say GT have an undersized pack, they absolutely do not. Between Leofa, the hooker Fraser?, Stanley, and Isaiah Grace there is plenty of meat on the bones, and they certainly carry the smaller backrow

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I thought the forwards were worse. How do you have two 6 foot 5 locks ( who played qld 1 and qld 2)and lose 5 line outs against the throw????same as last week - never got on the bus. The new boys had stage fright. No 10 was sheep hooked at half- time

They were missing Tuuga, who was first choice 2. Were Christiansons throws bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.