• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Cheika brings something to the Tahs that has never been there before, at least to my knowledge. The team appears to be grounded and totally prepared for whatever comes their way.

Cheika is at once tough-minded and a visionary. He grew up playing rugby for a club where running was the preferred (the only) option, but where a dominant forward pack was always a given as well. A club with probably the proudest rugby tradition in Sydney, at least post-war, where performance and loyalty to the cause were paramount. No room for tall poppies.

He is the ultimate team player, and I get the feeling that, at a pinch, he could get kitted up and play the last ten minutes. Not too many coaches around that could do that, but I reckon he could.

Finally, he knows, and the players would know too, that a loss is not the end of the world, and a win is not career-defining. This is another game of rugby, play it as well as you can and walk off the field knowing that you have given of your best for your team-mates, your state, and yourself.

Tahs by 10.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
He is the ultimate team player, and I get the feeling that, at a pinch, he could get kitted up and play the last ten minutes. Not too many coaches around that could do that, but I reckon he could.

Reckon Bernie would still go alright, but there may not be enough strapping tape available

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies by a hatfull I have to go dark during the game missus planned a dinner with her rents ages ago.. so IQ is set.. but I'm at the stage of dumping her and staying in.. biggest game ever!!!!

M

Moono75

Pressure on the Tahs is palpable......crushing weight......can't afford to Fuck this up. Good luck :)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's go boys! Am sitting in a pub in Griffith waiting for the tahs to smash these ponies like I am schooners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
How very sporting of you Angry, I will also go out on a limb and say the ponies are going down like MH17.

Too soon?

Should probably wait until halftime.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
How very sporting of you Angry, I will also go out on a limb and say the ponies are going down like MH17.

Too soon?

Should probably wait until halftime.

Way too soon. Not concerned who we play next week but as I said on the other semi-final forum I would not mind the final being in Sydney as I might be able to attend. May the best team win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.