• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

What match were you referring to as last time?

2005 and 2008 spring to mind after secretly googling to refresh the memory :)

Hey this is the final we all wanted. Tahs need to lift....one more game, make it your best.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
What I loved was that Skelten got the final say over Nic White as earlier White was into him and thus the reason for the penalty being brought forward. Also how long did they go back with Skeltens high tackle? Play seemed to go for a while, but stupid ref lol.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
What I loved was that Skelten got the final say over Nic White as earlier White was into him and thus the reason for the penalty being brought forward. Also how long did they go back with Skeltens high tackle? Play seemed to go for a while, but stupid ref lol.

The ref was playing advantage for White's subsequent knock on. It was only when the ref saw it on the big screen after the next stoppage that he called play back.

I thought McCabe's clearing kick directed squarely at the injured player was an interesting tactic to force the issue, didn't work though and a least a few more phases were played.

I thought White's decision to stay down after the hit was reminiscent of Beale doing the same in the first encounter of the year. On that occasion it was a "late" tackle that was only called some minutes later in a similar fashion.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just back, relieved more than anything. Hard to recall ever being as nervous about a game of rugby for a team I support. I just knew the Brumbies had the nous to unpick the Waratahs, and they certainly went about it with intent.
But the Tahs defence was, as it has been much of the year, and definitely of late, just brutal. Nobody lets up. They all come in and hit hard. It forced the turnover for Alofa, and it forced the strip by Beale. And it saved at least 2 certain tries.
Scrums waxed and waned a bit - Brumbies with all the early ascendency, then the Tahs got a few good shoves, then to and fro with more reserves on (and messier). Tahs lineout, while never really good, did better than I thought it might.
I hope Speight is not too bad, and I hope Peyper is nowhere near the final. I'm assuming Joubert will get the nod.
Congratulations to the Brumbies for another great season - I wish circumstances had allowed this to be the final.
One more to go, boys.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Uffffff crazy tackle by Taqele!

Nothing like a tackle, and it was late too boot. Absolute brain fart. The Mungo is strong in that boy.

Significant work will be needed in the off season if we want to use him next year. He was wandering around like a lost sheep for much of the two minutes he was on before he was sent to the bad boys chair.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Voice fucked. Just got in the car to drive home. We fucking did it

Now we have to have those cruelly efficient cantab fuckers. Fuck

Yes, tis sweet. But those clinical bastards have me worried too. Could be close.

Tahs by 40.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
What a match. Fuck the Brumbies played well, so smart, hit the Tahs at every one of our weak points. AND WE SURVIVED!!!!

Probably the best Tahs performance I have seen. How good was Phipps? How good was Hooper?

So annoyed I am stranded in London and can't be in Sydney next week to see us have a crack at the trophy.
You're not trying hard enough.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Surely that's a touches job.
From my seat White was hammer and pick handles into Leckie but I got the feeling that was counter productive and he's viewed as the little boy who cried wolf.
Peyper was just guessing at the scrums. Woeful.
Taqele Naiyaravoro: what a waste of rugby money. what he did to McCabe isn't even legal in the code he came from. Brainless play: he might learn something from a week off.

At one point Joubert was telling him from the sideline how he should be managing the scrum. FFS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Tahs last 20 minutes are just something else. Michael Cheika has taken this team to the absolute peak in terms of 80 minute performances. Supreme fitness and skill execution in the last quarter of games. Blow teams off the park.

Long are the days the boys from Sydney were charactered as lazy and unfit. Character of this team is now not giving an inch the whole game as shown by the spirit after the whistle to hold them out again.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
That game was fucking intense! Set piece was a bit of a nightmare again, and the brumbies insistence on going for the try really made our defence work, but also saved us conceding easy points.

Atmosphere and intensity of the match was just insane - I'm pretty well ready to buy my Tahs membership for next year on that alone.

Gonna have to go back and look at the game again to get a more sober assessment, but FUCK YEAH!! Can't believe we're now in our first ever home final! Just a shame it's against the fucking Cusader-Blacks...

Come on boys! One more!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjw

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty crazy how Nick Phipps has gone from one of the worst tacklers in the game to one of the best, at least for halfbacks. Someone mentioned how he was the fittest player in Australia and that late effort on sideline to sideline try savers certainly showed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.