• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
eh was that an Australian crowd organically chanting at a game?

What a game, bring the sheep shaggers on!

Atmosphere was absolutely immense mate! Best Waratahs game I've ever been to and probably one of the best full stop in terms of atmosphere. Shame it wasn't a sell out, but it sure looked and felt like it was.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yelled myself hoarse. What a game. The defence was brutal.

Looking forward to watching the replay where I won't be a bundle of nerves.

Lots of excellent performances but I thought Cliff Palu was close to our best. Huge performance with lots of crunching tackles and strong runs, particularly out of defence.
Bring on the Crusaders!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Nick Phipps was my MOTM. He has come so far he is clearly 2nd best 9 in Oz and depending on the game plan could be considered #1.

I think Burgess' plan to come back and slip into the Wallabies is shot to pieces if Phipps maintains form.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Well my voice is gone and wow what a game to be at.

Defence was just outstanding and the Brumbies gave it their all. All those who think Hooper is not the best 7 in AU at the moment should watch that game again.

Peyper - what a crock. Some very dodgy decisions which put the tahs on the backfoot, the worst one being Foleys tackle on Mogg where Mogg should have released but was given a penalty.'

Also, I would like to give a special Hollywood award to Nick White for acting like a soccer player and diving twice. Once after the Skelton high hit which it looked like he wanted an stretcher but managed to play on for another 20 minutes and then falling over in a ruck when he didn't need to. Maybe it should be the Milkman award......

What a game by both sides and hats off to the Brums, they tried everything.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Also, I would like to give a special Hollywood award to Nick White for acting like a soccer player and diving twice. Once after the Skelton high hit which it looked like he wanted an stretcher but managed to play on for another 20 minutes and then falling over in a ruck when he didn't need to. Maybe it should be the Milkman award...

He was only reading from Beale's playbook.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pretty crazy how Nick Phipps has gone from one of the worst tacklers in the game to one of the best, at least for halfbacks. Someone mentioned how he was the fittest player in Australia and that late effort on sideline to sideline try savers certainly showed it.
That's unfair, Phipps was always a good tackler, the problem was the sheer number of them that he had to make at the Rebels. Between wingers and fly halves that just got beaten consistently and the bazillion little inside balls that broke a sliding defence, he had no hope.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Well done Waratahs, defence was outstanding last night and you guys took the chances when they came. Brumbies played well but couldn't crack the Waratahs defence. Bring on next weekend in Sydney, set pieces are going to be key in that game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just watching the replay and thinking unkind thoughts about Peyper even more than I did last night - first scrum not square and straight? FFS.
More importantly the striking thing about the Tahs performance on video is how gritty they were. Did all the hard work all the time and did not look for short cuts.
That's the difference this year.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I'm really happy for the Waratahs. If they get the title, in the style of rugby they've been playing all season, it's going to be brilliant for the health of Australian rugby. I hope every self respecting, Sydney based rugby fan gets out to the final and goes ballistic.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'm really happy for the Waratahs. If they get the title, in the style of rugby they've been playing all season, it's going to be brilliant for the health of Australian rugby.
I would be happier if their set piece play was a whole lot better. We cannot beat the Darkness without parity up front, no matter how adventurous the pretty boys are.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
eh was that an Australian crowd organically chanting at a game?

I'm finally getting through to them. Where the hell were you? Lindo said you were in Bay 35 behind us?

I would be happier if their set piece play was a whole lot better. We cannot beat the Darkness without parity up front, no matter how adventurous the pretty boys are.

Given Peyper started proceedings by trying to nullify our scrum, I thought we recovered and did pretty well.

The lineout is suffering from a lack of speed - jumper is going up before the ball reaches its arc.

Did Alexander and Sio finish the game? I didn't see either get subbed.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Great Stuff from the Tahs.

Finals footy is all about who is more aggressive and who can push the laws of the game to benefit them. Tahs did that perfectly. Hard and Aggressive. Whats not to love.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
What was the injury tally from both sides, an the (possible) effect on our team for the first Bledisloe Cup match?

Status
Not open for further replies.