• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Finalists are known in all 3 grade in Division 4, anyone brave enough to have a crack at predicting the premiers?

McLean Cup (1st Grade) - Blacktown - they've recruited well throughout the season and their form over the last few weeks has been very impressive, win over Redfield and big wins away Irish and Berries.
Grose Cup (2nd Grade) - Irish (bias alert!) - they're my club therefore they are better than yours
Walker Cup (3rd Grade) - Redfield - although they've lost to Blacktown twice I've been far more impressed with ROBs in 3rd grade. I'm backing them to overcome the Warriors in the final

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's the one. Rouse Hill v Redfield Old Boys.

Ran out of time to get into my pub appointment before the Tahs game, but made sure I hooted the horn as I drove past on Old Windsor Road.

As for the 4th Division - see ROBs taking top two grades and Blacktown 3rds in a tight one over ROB.

Redfield Club Champions and club of the year for 4th Division.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Ill have a stab at Div 2 with 3 weeks to go, with some wet weather games to come and taking into home away schedule I have come up with the below finals line up. My opening comment is what on earth has happened at UNSW?? With two games against Div 2 surprise packets Newport I cannot see them making the Barraclough finals series.

1st grade
Newport
Brothers
Hunters Hill
Forest my tip - Newport

2nd grade
Brothers
Newport
Blue Mountains
UNSW my tip - Blue Mountains

Colts
Lindfield
BOBS
UNSW
Hunters Hill my tip - Lindfield

3rds
Blue Mountains
Lindfield
UNSW
Newport my tip - Blue Mountains

4ths
Newport
BOBs
Lindfield
UNSW my tip - Newport

Anyone violently disagree?

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
So if chatter on the subbies facebook side is correct Hornsby are now off to the central coast comp. Another club dissapears from subbies with further ramifications for next years Divs. Im sticking with 3 x 8 team comps in Div 1, 2 and 3. Beecroft can replace Hornsby in Div 3 and Campbellton maybe into Div 4 if not off to the illawarra.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
I wonder what happens with Div 5 next year. If Campbelltown drop down to Div 4, hopefully Merrylands & Fairvale/Lansvale move up to Div 4 as well. Could grow the game out south-west with local derbies. But that would mean Campbelltown would have to decide what to do with their colts team.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
So if chatter on the subbies facebook side is correct Hornsby are now off to the central coast comp. Another club dissapears from subbies with further ramifications for next years Divs. Im sticking with 3 x 8 team comps in Div 1, 2 and 3. Beecroft can replace Hornsby in Div 3 and Campbellton maybe into Div 4 if not off to the illawarra.

Heavyd

You dont think Subbies will force both Brothers and Newport up to Div 1 to fill the gap?

I also wonder whether St Ives would be happy to avoid the chop. They have had a touch few year, maybe div 3 might be more their style?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brothers won't do it unless there are some tasty allowances to go with it. Last time Subbies forced them anywhere they were mighty pissed off, and this talk of amateur rugby would be laughed at by the Brothers heavyweights.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Brothers won't do it unless there are some tasty allowances to go with it. Last time Subbies forced them anywhere they were mighty pissed off, and this talk of amateur rugby would be laughed at by the Brothers heavyweights.

Are you referring to dropping them down to 4th Div a few years ago?

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
I can confirm that Campbelltown will not be playing Subbies next year and will play in the Illawarra competition.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Heavyd

You dont think Subbies will force both Brothers and Newport up to Div 1 to fill the gap?

I also wonder whether St Ives would be happy to avoid the chop. They have had a touch few year, maybe div 3 might be more their style?

Im not sure either club has the depth to field enough teams to be a Div 1 club. I'd suspect both of them would end up being in Beefcrofts current position and only able to field 3 teams. Brothers have had a great rise through the DIV's and are building nicely with a colts program to position themselves for a tilt at Div 1 in the next few years. In Newports case it was only last year that they forefeited 4ths for the season so any move to DiV 1 would be very detriemential to theirplans of stabilizing player numbers within their club.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Im not sure either club has the depth to field enough teams to be a Div 1 club. I'd suspect both of them would end up being in Beefcrofts current position and only able to field 3 teams. Brothers have had a great rise through the DIV's and are building nicely with a colts program to position themselves for a tilt at Div 1 in the next few years. In Newports case it was only last year that they forefeited 4ths for the season so any move to DiV 1 would be very detriemential to theirplans of stabilizing player numbers within their club.

I agree, I cant see either club going to Div1 , doesn't work for the clubs (Brothers and Newport) at this point in time and won't work over the course of the year for the Division.
Looks like Divisions of 8 all round.
It will certainly put the acid on the remaining clubs in Div1, effectively no easy games in most grades, not that it is a bad thing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 finals results:

First Grade:
Minor Premiers Redfield OB def Blacktown 32-26
Sydney Harlequins knock out Canterbury 40-12

Second Grade:
Minor Premiers Redfield OB def Canterbury 52-15
Sydney Irish knock out Sydney Harlequins 40-7

Third Grade:
Minor Premiers Blacktown go down to Redfield OB 39-14!
Sydney Harlequins knock out Rouse Hill Renegades 23-8

Looking more like a ROB clean sweep every day. Club of the Year coming up.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Div 4 finals results:

First Grade:
Minor Premiers Redfield OB def Blacktown 32-26
Sydney Harlequins knock out Canterbury 40-12

Second Grade:
Minor Premiers Redfield OB def Canterbury 52-15
Sydney Irish knock out Sydney Harlequins 40-7

Third Grade:
Minor Premiers Blacktown go down to Redfield OB 39-14!
Sydney Harlequins knock out Rouse Hill Renegades 23-8

Looking more like a ROB clean sweep every day. Club of the Year coming up.

Will be a big ask.

1st Grade match between Blacktown and ROBR was a cracker y/day. Could have gone either way. Blacktown most structured and disciplined team I've come across.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Redfield were very impressive in all three grades they'll be favorites in all 3 in their respective finals. Still think ourselves in 2nds and Blacktown in 1sts can match ROBs. If both can get through their semis next week the finals should be cracking match ups

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.