• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Mine all worked.

Purchased 12 extra tickets on behalf of mates so I've done my part to try and boost the crowd!

One allocation of tickets in the second presale were better than where my reserved members allocation is. o_O

We are going in a group of 16 so there are plenty of our friends going to boost the crowd. I am in bay 108 so pretty happy with my tix...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dan Carter.

Richie Mccaw.

Kieran Read.

The Cantabs are coming home with blood in the sails now.

That said, if their side-to-side thing gets too laborious I can see that vicious NSFW D shoving it right back up their arses, bobbled ball, and away goes Beale down the other end.

that'll be the diff iHomo, 12-6 to NSFW in a tight one

M

Moono75

Dan Carter.

Richie Mccaw.

Kieran Read.

The Cantabs are coming home with blood in the sails now.

That said, if their side-to-side thing gets too laborious I can see that vicious NSFW D shoving it right back up their arses, bobbled ball, and away goes Beale down the other end.

that'll be the diff iHomo, 12-6 to NSFW in a tight one

Jeez lift your game mate! A scoreline of 12-6 isn't getting anyone pumped to watch the game. This forum is about throwing out totally baseless grandiose predictions. Go have a think about it and come back with the right answer :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
40% of the way there. That is probably as good as its going to get from the members side, given there are approx 20,000 members in total (including nuffy 4-game memberships like mine etc).

Now we sit and wait for the bandwagon to roll in...

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Reds GF was off the chain, fucking awesome! No making excuses for those that aren't going. Fuck them. I'm an hour and a half by car and bus from Suncorp (on a good run) and I have never considered the travel when deciding whether or not to go to a game.

It's a home Grand Final. You stay at home for this and you will miss one of the greatest experiences for a sports fan and may very well die with one box not ticked off your bucket list.

The Saders fans in 2011 were everywhere. If for no other reason, the risk of Tahs fans being outnumbered should get you to the game.

Get to the game, bring your mates, wear as much blue as you can, paint your fucking face, don a wig, scream your tits off for the full 80 and leave nothing in the tank.

But seriously, (now that I've said my piece ;) ) no more talk about the crowd. It's Grand Final time people! Get excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many Saders supporters were in the Final 2011? Just about...

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Carn 'Tahs!!!

This will be a great final and should be a wonderful advertisement for the sport with the way both teams have been playing.

Crusaders will be looking to attack the 'Tahs weaknesses like the Brumbies did but I reckon they'll be a little harder to deal with, especially in Nadolo and Carter start combining and Read finds space to attack the 13-15 channel.

'Tahs have too much firepower for any Super Rugby team to cope with for 80 minutes and they've proven it repeatedly this season. They somehow have the most miserly defense as well - 'Tahs will win this by 12.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The ponies best moments were when the Tahs kicked badly, had a bad chase and they could hit the edges

The Tahs play with a compressed defence at times, the Crusaders will try to go around it.

And they are much more effective at it

Bad kicking and slow reactions from turnovers will be the issues

I also expect the Crusaders to pick and drive a lot at times before they spread it

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I also expect the Crusaders to pick and drive a lot at times before they spread it

This is where the Tahs can get an edge, if they are canny enough, pilfering as the Saders start to fan out a bit from the drive, leaving the ball a bit vulnerable.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Forgot about ANZ stadium members, can anyone put a number on how many there are? I'll take a stab at 15,000. That's 37,000 tickets moved before the public has even got in. People saying 50,000 crowd.... doubtful, bring on 80k

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There won't be 15,000 ANZ Stadium members turn up, most of them are mungo/AFL/Wallaby followers. We'll be lucky to get 10k of them on Saturday, if that.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I would have thought most of them would have been sport lovers hence the purchase of a stadium membership that gets them viewing access to all the sports played there

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A lot of them are just networkers who buy the memberships to schmooze clients who like those sporting events. Hopefully the big end of town come to the party on this.

Still think we can break the Super Rugby record (and the Aussie one as a matter of course) but reckon we'll struggle to get better than high 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.