• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I just bought 20 this morning. The bandwagon is in full flight - there are kids wearing jerseys down at the park and heaps of watercooler chat. I haven't seen a buzz like this around the Tahs, ever.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You can join right now though so saying that it is capped at 18,400 doesn't tell you how many members they actually have.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Good point Braveheart, so clearly less than that.

Being able to buy tix for bulk mates will move a few tickets I reckon

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Letting members buy additional discount tickets was definitely a good idea.

Gets your members out there trying to sell tickets on your behalf to their friends.

I bought 12 extra tickets yesterday. Now those people would have probably gone anyway, but I ensured it happened.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I would have thought most of them would have been sport lovers hence the purchase of a stadium membership that gets them viewing access to all the sports played there

This is Sydney. A major sporting event is a business opportunity.

Pfitzy is on the money.

I still reckon that the majority of the Corporates/Members seats will get filled even if the "owner" doesn't show up. They will suddenly have a lot of friends keen for the Bandwagon opportunity who will pester them into giving up the tickets.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs have apparently named the same side again.

No idea whether that still involves two extra players on the bench to be omitted. I'm guessing it does.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I still reckon that the majority of the Corporates/Members seats will get filled even if the "owner" doesn't show up. They will suddenly have a lot of friends keen for the Bandwagon opportunity who will pester them into giving up the tickets.

Could have given me some. Fuckers.

If those tickets get filled, then between ANZ Members and Waratahs Member sales, we're up around 40,000 already.

Hopefully we need to hitch another pair of horses to the bandwagon by the end of Thursday.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could have given me some. Fuckers. <snip>

Again, it's Sydney. Who you know. not what you know.

The thing is the timing of when you get invited to use transferrable tickets gives you a great indication as to where you fit in the food chain. Get the invite before Wednesday, and they value your friendship or business/network connections. Get the freebie offer on Friday afternoon or Saturday and that indicates that you are at the bottom of the list in the Dance of the Desperates, but at least you are on the list.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I jumped on this morning just to see where I would be able to sit if I bought my 2 extra tickets and although I selected platinum reserve they put me up in the nose bleed silver seating..

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
my prediction to come through? If that's not a system error that is a fucking lot of seats gone in 5 minutes

Attachments

• tix.png
    tix.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 241

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
just did a mock transaction 2 X 'best available/any price' and ended up behind the sticks in the bronze section..70K I reckon, Sydney is getting right behind this thing.,.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
my prediction to come through? If that's not a system error that is a fucking lot of seats gone in 5 minutes

Yes and no - group bookings, even 3-4 tickets, from yesterday would leave a LOT of single seats scattered around the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.