• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
For those of you who have followed the current NSW GPS 16a's (year 10 lads) comp you will have noticed that the games have mostly been evenly matched and quite entertaining even though I'm sure there are few boys in those squads who are on some form of financial support, be it bursary or scholarship. If as you would expect, players in these teams end up forming the bulk of the first XV squads in 2016 and the arms race slows to a walk then wont any material difference we see in 2016 mainly come down to the effectiveness of each school's rugby program?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
For those of you who have followed the current NSW GPS 16a's (year 10 lads) comp you will have noticed that the games have mostly been evenly matched and quite entertaining even though I'm sure there are few boys in those squads who are on some form of financial support, be it bursary or scholarship. If as you would expect, players in these teams end up forming the bulk of the first XV squads in 2016 and the arms race slows to a walk then wont any material difference we see in 2016 mainly come down to the effectiveness of each school's rugby program?

2 big ifs and some of the running has been already been done so slowing to a walk won't let the others catch up.
But on that note:
Grammar 16A's (without 2 players who are in opens) have beaten TKS B's and put a largish score on NC's B's. They are trying to arrange to play Shore's A's as I understand it - to whom they were close in younger ages and who have lost 2 to opens.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
2 big ifs and some of the running has been already been done so slowing to a walk won't let the others catch up.
But on that note:
Grammar 16A's (without 2 players who are in opens) have beaten TKS B's and put a largish score on NC's B's. They are trying to arrange to play Shore's A's as I understand it - to whom they were close in younger ages and who have lost 2 to opens.

Agree on the "if's"..... but think if we get to 2016 and a team comprised mainly from the current 16A cohort who have moved onto First XV are crushing all before them in the manner of the 2014 Scots First XV then short of any school continuing to flagrantly flout the rules (which will be obvious to all) you'd have to say coaching, Rugby program, training etc will be the difference rather than "irregularities."

I've watched the current Scots First XV in one of the early games of the first round this year and the they don't wear their underpants on the outside of their shorts, krytonite doesn't affect them and the lack of blue capes also gives them away as mere mortals, albeit highly skilled and trained mortals.....by comparison the potential inheritors of the Scots first XV jerseys in 2016 (Scots 16A team) are not sweeping all before them and in fact you could throw a blanket over Kings, Scots, New, and Joeys in the 16A's.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic sitting here in my Utopian bubble but from what I'm seeing in the 16A competition it appears that the "great correction" is slowly lumbering towards us and come the 2016 season there will be great joy and celebrations that the sins and pestilence of the past will be mostly behind us....

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
New 16A undefeated after beating Joeys 24-19 today
......Bzzzz... Sorry to burst your bubble but New 16a's were beaten by Kings 16a's two weeks ago ... 15-14.... And I think they've also lost against some one else.... Think u will find new is running 3rd or 4th

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
16a's Predictions this weekend...

Kings V Scots - Kings in a tight one -winner goes to top of the table I think
Shore V Joeys - Joeys by a handsome margin
View V New - New by 15+

Keep It Real

Frank Row (1)
SCHOOL - (W : L : D)
1. Newington 5:1:0
2. Joeys 4:1:1
2. Kings 4:1:1
4. Scots 3:3:0
5. Shore 1:5:0
6. Riverview 0:6:0

Think you'll find Newington's No. 1 in the 16a's competition with only one loss to Kings. I think Joeys and Kings had a draw not 100% sure but it reflects how close the competition is. Newington still to play Kings, Joeys and Scots though. Should be one to follow.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
SCHOOL - (W : L : D)
1. Newington 5:1:0
2. Joeys 4:1:1
2. Kings 4:1:1
4. Scots 3:3:0
5. Shore 1:5:0
6. Riverview 0:6:0

Think you'll find Newington's No. 1 in the 16a's competition with only one loss to Kings. I think Joeys and Kings had a draw not 100% sure but it reflects how close the competition is. Newington still to play Kings, Joeys and Scots though. Should be one to follow.

Yes, joeys and kings drew 10 all in round 1 but didn't realise scots had lost three. Anyhow it's a very close comp with any of the top 3 teams capable of winning the comp... Will be watching with great interest.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
16a's Predictions this weekend.

Kings V Scots - Kings in a tight one -winner goes to top of the table I think
Shore V Joeys - Joeys by a handsome margin
View V New - New by 15+

Think that Riverview will cause an upset this week in 16's, will be working hard for that first win.

Status
Not open for further replies.