• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
This game is very very important for the Australia Rugby Union's history:

snip...

Please, Tahs! Beat the f**king Crusaders! They are asking for ALL Australian rugby! This s**t is very important for our sport!

Yep this is the beiggest game the Tahs have ever played. Their whole history is on the line right here. This is for every player that has ever wore the sky blue jersey. Australia's rugby hopes rest on this very game.

No pressure at all :D

Meanwhile just another game for the Crusaders* :cool:

*nerves haven't kicked in yet

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
This game is very very important for the Australia Rugby Union's history:

1- The Saders have many All Blacks and Tahs have many Wallabies. If Tahs are able to defeat the Saders, would be a major break and could be a boost for Bledisloe Cup will be possible this year or the Rugby Championship at least. The end of the day are practically the same players in both challenges.

2- Tahs has never won the Super Rugby, another HUGE reason

3- Tahs lost ALL their finals against the Saders

4- Next year will be the World Cup. This may favor the Wallabies, no doubt.

Damn it! This is a unique opportunity! This can be the cornerstone for the development of rugby union in Australia. I don't remember a game more important than this game. This isn't a game, this is a battle! A war!!!

Please, Tahs! Beat the f**king Crusaders! They are asking for ALL Australian rugby! This s**t is very important for our sport!

No pressure.....

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'll be cheering for the Tahs but just have that unpleasant feeling that they'll be close without receiving the proverbial tobacco product.

I just hope that if they get a lead early they don't try to sit on it.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Playing the game at ANZ could be a masterstroke (I know our contract obliged us to) - forecast for rain on the coast, but dry in the west!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Georgina Robinson reporting ticket sales expected to hit 50k later today.

Hopefully people are just waiting for their pay to come in to clear their credit card.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't decide what will be worse.

Another bloody Crusaders win or the gloating that will follow with a Tahs win.

Might leave town for six months if the latter happens.

This really is the worst possible final matchup for me.

I would of course willingly take a free ticket from anyone to prove me wrong that indeed it will be a good match.

I am completely open to proven wrong. I'll even clap politely when either team scores.

I really am a very reasonable sort of bloke.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)

I would of course willingly take a free ticket from anyone to prove me wrong that indeed it will be a good match.

I am completely open to proven wrong. I'll even clap politely when either team scores.

Are you Sydney based?

Then you should support the 'Tahs for two very good reasons:

1) You should always back where 'you get your bread and butter' - even if you make them your second team.

2) If you're in Sydney the sad fact is Union just sadly isn't a priority sport for most people. The amount of people in my office who don't know the difference between teams like the Chiefs and the Force is bloody disturbing. So I doubt you'll experience much gloating... heck Robbie Farrahs argument with Gordon Tallis over the Tigers coaching job is getting more headlines than the first fucking home final for the city's oldest team!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heres hoping they go into with that attitude!

I'm hoping so too!

You start thinking about all that other peripheral stuff and the mind can wander off the task at hand. That's not needed when the pressure starts ratcheting up a few notches.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Virtual red and black eye patch on its way Blue :)

Plus there's far too many blue ones around here

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm hoping so too!

You start thinking about all that other peripheral stuff and the mind can wander off the task at hand. That's not needed when the pressure starts ratcheting up a few notches.

I'm not so sure about that logic... one of the things that used to kill the 'Tahs early in the comp against the Reds in particular was this nonsense that they were treating like any other game.

Meanwhile, the Reds, even if they were playing terribly throughout the year, would treat it like it was Origin or a GF and play with immense intensity. For this reason, the buggers beat us 8-0 for the first 8 years of the comp in spite of often having teams that looked weaker on paper.

It took the arrival of Ewen McKenzie at the 'Tahs for us to start actually treating the game as a sort of pseudo final before we started winning a few.

Personally, I'm hoping the Crusaders treat this game like the one they played against England ;-) .

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Plus there's far too many blue ones around here

I dunno, seems like there's only about 3 or 4 of us.

eden-park-1920x540.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The amount of NZ media cheering at the decision to have the game at ANZ over Allianz is mind boggling. They're literally talking about blades of grass making an impact.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The amount of NZ media cheering at the decision to have the game at ANZ over Allianz is mind boggling. They're literally talking about blades of grass making an impact.

Damn right it's mind boggling, no Aussie journo would ever use "Eden Park" & "hoodoo ground" in a Bledisloe preview, now would they......

Status
Not open for further replies.