• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers

Aaron Wally Peardon

Frank Row (1)
Im in London, but you never know if it will, the return of national rugby to ballymore and the first televised game of the comp so it needs to be a fully house

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
From uni
Buchanan, McDuling and Parker are in city
Gale and pincus country
Chibb jj and de guingand are in but not sure who for
There may be more

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
JJ - are they serious????
There wouldn't be anyone that would argue with you if you said that JJ was terrible for the Reds but from all reports he was killing it at Prem level prior to his Super debut.

I reckon the NRC is exactly what he needed and had it been in place last year his step up into the big time would've been more gradual and controlled.

So yeah, I reckon they would be serious about giving him some game time in the NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
From uni
Buchanan, McDuling and Parker are in city
Gale and pincus country
Chibb jj and de guingand are in but not sure who for
There may be more
De Guingand has been good this year, but I would have liked to have seen Connor Mitchell.

Behind Michael Gunn, he has been one of the top open sides over the past two Premier seasons, although not much game time this year.

T

Tigers Tale

T12 - what Tigers do you think will make the teams? - You would have to think the following guys will get a gig:

Paraka - Country
Ready - Bne
Enever - Country (if fit)
Gunn - Bne

But will missing the finals affect the following guys chances:
Fattal, Wilkin, Deck, Mullins, White. (I think all bar Deck of these guy will get a gig.)

I don't think they'll give Bandon a gig and Placid is apparently going to play for the Melbourne Rising.

The exodus of players to OS - Anae, Davies, Toua, Seuteni, etc and Harris/Placid to Rebels has really opened up opportunities for players from all club that would not have been in line for NRC opportunities at the start of the year.

Be interesting to see both squads tomorrow.

I have to say that JJ deserves a chance for what he has been able to do at club level in 2013-14, some blokes can carve it up at club level but just never take it to the next level - maybe he is one of those or maybe the NRC will be the making of him!! There are probably 30 or more guys across the NRC to whom that will apply.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Too be fair to JJ he looked dangerous with the ball in Super Rugby as well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.