• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
These two games are hard to pick.

Bros v Jeeps; is going to be very even.

Sbk v Uni; I think the Bank are a bit of a bogey team for the Heavies. Wouldn't be surprised if they upset the minor-premiers.

I think that Sunnybank will be very tough to beat, Filth. They certainly comprehensively outplayed Uni when they met at Oldmac this year.

But I'm not sure history supports Bank being Uni's bogey team. Aside from the big loss dished out in 2011's major prelim and the loss this year, I can't recall Uni losing many at all over the past 5 years to Sunnybank? Arguably Easts and Brothers would be better qualified as bogey teams for Uni.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TT I think last year the club threw a lot of its resources behind winning Premier Grade and obviously fell just short, the attitude seems to have changed towards a more universal club success idea.

Obviously winning Prems is the big prize but with 9 GPS teams competing in the finals there is more at stake than just one premiership and Shane's knowledge and general presence down at the club has helped everyone this year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
As long as Kerevi is playing then GPS will be a danger team in the comp. If the Filth could do us all a favour and knock them put that would be great.

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog I know Shane Arnold is a good coach (so is Mick Heenan) & I just get the impression that the powers to be at GPS desire a Hospital Cup victory and if it doesn't happen there could be casualties - maybe not Arnold but some others might be doing different things in 2015.

Good luck to GPS they certainly are a chance if Kerevie gets to do his stuff.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Regardless of whether GPS win the Hospital Cup or not I think we'll see a high turnover of players heading into 2015 with a few blokes getting Super Rugby opportunities and some of the older heads retiring. Whether this signifies a new era at the club and gives Shane or other coaches a reason to move on remains to be seen.

At the moment though I believe the boys have a real chance to go all the way this year and I'll definitely be out there on Sunday cheering them on.

T

Tigers Tale

I have heard that the NRC squads will be released tomorrow as promised by the QRU previously.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth don't be negative you need to be up for Sunday.

Now if you were a Tiger without a ticket to the dance then you could be miserable!!

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
If players have been told about NRC opportunities, surely coaching structures can be released?

The drip feed approach can be a drip head mentality!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm tipping GPS and Uni, in close games but I don't think they will come down to the wire, I'm thinking roughly 10 point winning margins each game.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Mail has it that Garrick Morgan will be Meehan's assistant for Qld Country with Tim Sampson also in the mix somewhere, maybe as Team Analyst or skills coach of some sort.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Jim Williams will be coaching Southern Districts in Sydney next year, or be part of the set up down there

Glad he got a gig, unsure how he missed the shortlist for the Bond job but whoever mentioned there were a number of overseas applicants is off the mark from what I have heard

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mail has it that Garrick Morgan will be Meehan's assistant for Qld Country with Tim Sampson also in the mix somewhere, maybe as Team Analyst or skills coach of some sort.

yep with Pat Richards and Shane Arnold helping out Stiles at City.

I think Pete Wilkins is involved too somewhere. Perhaps country?

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think GPS will be very hard to beat in all grades, the boys were very fired up at training, if Samu and Johnson have games like last week I can't see brothers holding them back.

I am actually leaning towards sunnybank in the other match. Great weekend of rugby ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.