• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well it will be interesting to see how it pans out then. Article quoted a 16 week recovery period and that match would be week 17.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Really. Who would be the City 10 then? Maybe it's to work closer to Meehan.

I should clarify, it's not from any people who would actually know. More based on him previously playing with the Aces and them being essentially reincarnated as QLD County in the NRC. As for him actually playing, I hope this happens at least a couple of times as he is the sort of player that will generate interest and bring players through the gate. I can't imagine Link calling him into the Wallabies squad as soon as he's fit unless there's an injury crisis (touch wood) at 10.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Mike Harris will play NRC for one of the Queensland teams or head to Melbourne? My guess is that he won't join Melbourne until after the NRC.

Is Ben Lucas likely to be a City or Country player? He'd be one of the likely 10s surely?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I wonder if Mike Harris will play NRC for one of the Queensland teams or head to Melbourne? My guess is that he won't join Melbourne until after the NRC.

Is Ben Lucas likely to be a City or Country player? He'd be one of the likely 10s surely?

I asked this question earlier but didn't get an answer. I guess it depends on what is the end date of his contract to the Reds.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Rising seem to be struggling to get just 16 Super players in the squad. They would want as many of the Rebels playing for other teams I would think.

Also Ben Lucas was born in Ipswich but grew up in Brisbane. Not sure if that makes him City or Country.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lucas will be out of action until mid-late September with his knee anyway.

So who plays 10 until then is a tough one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lucas will be out of action until mid-late September with his knee anyway.

So who plays 10 until then is a tough one.

Woops. Forgot about that one.

Maybe someone like Jake McIntyre will get the gig. I believe he's from the country originally (NSW) but is now a Queenslander.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Guys and Gals, if anyone is interested in covering these games for Green and Gold Rugby (match reviews and/or photos) please let us know. We obviously want to cover the comp pretty extensively but will need more hands on deck. We can provide a template for match reviews if needed. If you are interested leave a comment here or send a personal message. Cheers

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Reg and I will be at a lot of these games and we're happy to help in any way we can.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Will Country have a nickname? Will they be the Heelers or anything like that?

Just curiuos because if you're screaming out "C'mon Country" and don't yell the 'ry' bit loud enough you could find yourself ejected by an overzealous security guard.

You could always claim you were barracking for Karmichael Hunt..... which reminds me that between announcing he was off to the AFL & finishing up with the Broncos there was a banner at one of his games declaring something like "ONLY SOFT KHUNTS PLAY AFL". Priceless, no.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Will Country have a nickname? Will they be the Heelers or anything like that?

Just curiuos because if you're screaming out "C'mon Country" and don't yell the 'ry' bit loud enough you could find yourself ejected by an overzealous security guard.

I was just wondering about that myself last night. Their logo is the Cooktown Orchid so some sort of spin on that could be an option. "Carn you ORCS!!!!" ?? Yes?? No??? ;)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Woops. Forgot about that one.

Maybe someone like Jake McIntyre will get the gig. I believe he's from the country originally (NSW) but is now a Queenslander.

Yeah I remember seeing a post a while back on one of the reds social media sites mentioning he qualified for both sides. Hopefully McIntyre will get the 10 for one side and Greene the other so we get a good look at both of them going forward. Even if Harris plays for one of the QLD sides over the rising I doubt it'll be at 10, better to develop the younger options there.

T

Tigers Tale

Surely Blake Enever will be announced as part of the Country side but does anyone know whether he will be fit to play? - he was running water for the Tigers last week but it's a bicep injury that he sustained about 6 weeks ago.

It will be a real shame if he can't show what he's got in the NRC.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If fit Blake would be a sure thing for the country side.

It will be interesting to see the split when the teams are announced. By the sounds of things they have just split the squad in a fantasy football style bidding war and grabbed anyone else they liked.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I just want Beau to be named captain of Country. He will make sure the boys take this country representation seriously.

He'll make the whole team go out and buy RM Williams boots to wear to and from games?

He'll also institute a minimum belt buckle size policy. All belt buckles either need to open beers or feature bull horns.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Or Holmes. He will force all of them to go out on a boat and catch all of their own food.

Status
Not open for further replies.