• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

T

TOCC

Tickets to a Parramatta Eels game at the same stadium range from $20 - $40 depending on where you sit.

$29 tickets on the day seems reasonable if they're not doing assigned seating.

Same stadium but vastly different product on offer.. Comparisons to the Eels pricing's should see the Rams at the lower end of the spectrum.

T

TOCC

The ARU should make an NRC membership for $80-$100. It would really only be worthwhile in Sydney but I certainly see myself going to a few random games from 2-3 teams.

It could work easily for the the two QLD teams, might be a little bit more difficult for the NSW teams to arrange..

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
@pfitzy, that's fine, I don't think its actually that much money either but you came across as a right dickhead by saying "its only money" especially in the context of talking about a team from the western suburbs where people are generally from the medium to low income earners

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Same stadium but vastly different product on offer.. Comparisons to the Eels pricing's should see the Rams at the lower end of the spectrum.
I'd have thought there's a price floor for the stadium that would struggle to get below $20.

rimmerdee

Stan Wickham (3)
  1. ROBINSON
  2. ROACH
  3. MILLAR
  4. OLMSTEAD
  5. TOLEAFOA
  6. COX
  7. PERRETT
  8. HOLLOWAY
  9. SWANEPOEL
  10. VOLAVOLA
  11. NAIYARAVORO
  12. MCKENZIE
  13. O'SULLIVAN
  14. GIBBON
  15. BATGER
4 game pass for $55 to see this possible line-up, great value if you ask me!
Is Ala'alatoa in our squad or somewhere else?

Greater Sydney Rams Squad

Eastwood
Ben Robinson
Guy Millar
Hugh Roach
Jed Gillespie
Andrew Clyne
Tom Alexander
Hugh Perrett
Pat Sio
Michael Kovacic
Jai Ayoub
Tom Hill
Michael McDougall
Ben Batger
Nick Batger
Brad Curtis
Jared Barry
Todd Pearce

Penrith
Daniel Arona
Nigel Vaifale
Andrew Palesio
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
Jerome Mckenzie
Michael Mate
Senio Toleafoa

Parramatta
Tatafu Polota Nau
Taqele Naiyaravoro
Liu Taituave
Sakaria Noa
Evan Olmstead
Andrew Cox
Josh Kaifa
Kaleb Rech
Tui Faasisila
Lani Tiatia
Larry Hermens
Alex Samoa

West Harbour
Cameron Orr
Dave Lolohea
Tom Games
Henry Seavula
Usaia O'Sullivan
Joel Brooks
Cohen Masson
Matt Coles

Southern Districts
Rob Horne
Jed Holloway
Marcus Carbone
Apolosi Latunipulu
Rohan Saifaloi
Alex Gibbon
Paul Asquith
Maile Nguamo
Atieli Pakalani

Gordon
Tobias Gukibau

Manly
Dylan Sigg
Mark Swanepoel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HorseSizedDuck

Peter Burge (5)
Greater Sydney Rams Squad

Eastwood
Ben Robinson
Guy Millar
Hugh Roach
Jed Gillespie
Andrew Clyne
Tom Alexander
Hugh Perrett
Pat Sio
Michael Kovacic
Jai Ayoub
Tom Hill
Michael McDougall
Ben Batger
Nick Batger
Brad Curtis
Jared Barry
Todd Pearce

Penrith
Daniel Arona
Nigel Vaifale
Andrew Palesio
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
Jerome Mckenzie
Michael Mate
Senio Toleafoa

Parramatta
Tatafu Polota Nau
Taqele Naiyaravoro
Liu Taituave
Sakaria Noa
Evan Olmstead
Andrew Cox
Josh Kaifa
Kaleb Rech
Tui Faasisila
Lani Tiatia
Larry Hermens
Alex Samoa

West Harbour
Cameron Orr
Dave Lolohea
Tom Games
Henry Seavula
Usaia O'Sullivan
Joel Brooks
Cohen Masson
Matt Coles

Southern Districts
Rob Horne
Jed Holloway
Marcus Carbone
Apolosi Latunipulu
Rohan Saifaloi
Alex Gibbon
Paul Asquith
Maile Nguamo
Atieli Pakalani

Gordon
Tobias Gukibau

Manly
Dylan Sigg
Mark Swanepoel

Hey,

Not to be a downer, but is 50+ really representative of a team/squad that has 9 games to play plus the finals?

Not trying to call bullshit but some citations would be nice.

none the less thanks for the potential insight.

BTW:- My first post... LONG LONG time lurker here

I'm just super excited about the RAMs and I needed to post in here.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hey,

Not to be a downer, but is 50+ really representative of a team/squad that has 9 games to play plus the finals?

Not trying to call bullshit but some citations would be nice.
My understanding (admittedly gleaned from a conversation with a small sample of one of the players named above) is that @rimmerdee is, if not exactly correct, pretty damn close. I understand a cull is occurring with a smaller squad to be named Tuesday.

I wonder if @rimmerdee is Dave Rimmer?

rimmerdee

Stan Wickham (3)
My understanding (admittedly gleaned from a conversation with a small sample of one of the players named above) is that @rimmerdee is, if not exactly correct, pretty damn close. I understand a cull is occurring with a smaller squad to be named Tuesday.

I wonder if @rimmerdee is Dave Rimmer?

Any good players u think have missed out and gone by unnoticed

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any good players u think have missed out and gone by unnoticed

As an outsider, choosing a squad without knowing all the parameters of selection is difficult - getting the mix of positions, skills, and even personalities is never easy. There are many parties involved in the Rams (the 5 clubs, the investor consortium, the non-aligned coach, the players from outside the Rams "catchment area" who might be worth a go etc) - I suspect some players who would probably blossom at the next level may miss an opportunity this year as all these factors find their own level within the organisation. It's a brave new world for professional Rugby in this country (this mix of private/District club ownership with input from the ARU). I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the revised squad when it is released. And I'm looking forward to see how all these influences affect the playing squad and the on-field/off-field success of the Rams.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From what I hear Greater Sydney is expanding. I know at least one Brisbane based player who has been contacted to play for the Rams. I expect there will be more. Seems the QRU took quite a while to contact the players and the Rams are more proactive. The advantages of just having one focus.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
17 from Eastwood seems a bit excessive. But where are Mick Snowden and John Grant? Playing somewhere, I hope.