• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Reid is an attacking lynchpin rivalled by very little in world rugby. His offloading and link play are devastating. So many times I watch his build up play and when his team scores I run out of superlatives. Tahs must shut him down

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Yep 55,000 at 09 final. Tahs have got their grand final revenue now IMO and should ticket drop to fill it up from here. 65k would have a big game atmosphere and they really need 60

So after all the die-hard fans fork out their cash to get tickets, the idea is piss them all off and lower the price for the remaining?
Not a very wise idea I would imagine. If they have any hope of winning back the fans, best not to make them feel like they have been ripped off.
IMHO......

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Correction ramp up advertising blitz... AND discount tickets for clubs / kids. Get an extra 5 k in there

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep nothing wrong with getting offers out to the junior clubs for free kids ticket with full paying adult etc.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I wouldn't be upset if the stuff at the back of Level 6 started going for $25 each. I think my $67 is fairly priced.

Provided its economical for the organisation

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Has anyone in clubland received an email from their respective clubs trying to organise group tickets, pre-game events or generally excite their members? There seems to be a lack of it from 3 clubs that I am aware of or the district (Gordon) who have my details through reps.

Is this NSWRU not getting its sh!t together or something else.....?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Seriously guys. Time to move on from crowd numbers and the NSWRU as an organisation. Just be happy that your boys are hosting the big one, are favourites and that you will likely achieve the biggest crowd in Super Rugby history for fucks sake.

Take off your angry pants, down a chill pill, start trash talking the oppo and just enjoy the ride! The rest of this crap is just noise that is detracting from the mood in here. Its fucking Finals time!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
So after all the die-hard fans fork out their cash to get tickets, the idea is piss them all off and lower the price for the remaining?
Not a very wise idea I would imagine. If they have any hope of winning back the fans, best not to make them feel like they have been ripped off.
IMHO..

Die-hard fans do not need to be won back, and any serious follower of the game should be delighted at any and all initiatives to broaden the audience for the game by any possible means.

So what if prices for the less attractive seats are lowered in the last couple of days of sale? How small-minded is it to resent efforts to get more bums on seats?

Who would be hurt if a few thousand extra people from the less advantaged areas of the city turned up on game night, even if their tickets are free? That would be far, far better than having thousands and thousands of empty seats. Plus it might just encourage a few more people (especially kids) to support and maybe even play our game.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Can I just say every Australian Rugby fan will be right behind the Waratahs on Saturday.

Fuck the Crusaders. they are chokers and haven't won since 2008, choke choke choke. The media talks them up like they are gods gift to footy and lets be honest, they were shit until half way through the season.

I want to see all those stupid kiwi's that hijack the Wallabies page after a win whinging their head off, I want to see them complain and moan for weeks. "Referee missed a penalty in the opening 30 seconds which cost us the game" "advantage only went for 2 minutes"

In fact, I want to see them heading for the train station after 65 minutes. I want to see a raucous crowd waving goodbye as the Waratahs thump them on tries, not kicks, scoring all sorts of tries.

I want a penalty try from a scrum pushover, a rolling maul from a lineout, israel folau to take an intercept and run all the way to the opera house, Foley to fool the entire continent with a dummy.

I want to see those shit blokes at the Tele sat down in their Mungo seats on Monday morning. Phil Rothfield to beg for mercy, as his latest post hating on Rugby is shouted down in a chorus louder and more abrupt than Todd Carney pissing himself.

Full Time score New South Wales 58 - Crusaders 0 - Daily Telegraph 0

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Die-hard fans do not need to be won back, and any serious follower of the game should be delighted at any and all initiatives to broaden the audience for the game by any possible means.

So what if prices for the less attractive seats are lowered in the last couple of days of sale? How small-minded is it to resent efforts to get more bums on seats?

Who would be hurt if a few thousand extra people from the less advantaged areas of the city turned up on game night, even if their tickets are free? That would be far, far better than having thousands and thousands of empty seats. Plus it might just encourage a few more people (especially kids) to support and maybe even play our game.

Being a working father who forks out money to take his son to the rugby, I'd be pretty dirty if all I had to do was wait a few days and get the tickets for half the cost.
It's a very expensive night out already, and where as you may have heaps of spare cash kicking around, some people aren't as fortunate.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hey! The Daily Telegraph had a Waratahs poster today apparently.

Even they're jumping on the bandwagon to some degree.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also, the Crusaders were spreading the ball wide to little effect early in the season but have tightened their attack up substantially over the last few weeks.

Read worries me more than McCaw and Todd combined.

The two 13's we played earlier in the season, Lee-Lo and Fonotia were doing nothing in attack. Much of it was left to Crotty. Combine that with our wing combination of McNicholl and Tuitavake, it was a very poor attacking team when we went wide.

What Carter has done since coming back has drawn attention into the midfield meaning we can go wide with some space to work with.

Read, Todd and Ellis are the key players for the Crusaders in attack.

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Fuck the Crusaders. they are chokers...choke choke choke...stupid kiwi's...

Full Time score New South Wales 58 - Crusaders 0 - Daily Telegraph 0

Nice post. Since we are obviously talking fairytale endings, how about this:

Full Time score New South Wales 19 - Crusaders 96 - Daily Telegraph 0

Wait...what? That actually did happen, you say? My bad.

May the best team win on Saturday night!

Reactions: gel

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
In yet another encouraging sign to grow the great game here in the US, the Waratahs Crusaders final will be played twice - the first time being 24 hours prior to rushing home to ANZ Stadium.

(beware fellow DirecTV subscribers - will be having words with these morons).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The two 13's we played earlier in the season, Lee-Lo and Fonotia were doing nothing in attack. Much of it was left to Crotty. Combine that with our wing combination of McNicholl and Tuitavake, it was a very poor attacking team when we went wide.

What Carter has done since coming back has drawn attention into the midfield meaning we can go wide with some space to work with.

Read, Todd and Ellis are the key players for the Crusaders in attack.
Yeah - Read definitely, running either as a No 13 or winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.