• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nice post. Since we are obviously talking fairytale endings, how about this:

Full Time score New South Wales 19 - Crusaders 96 - Daily Telegraph 0

Wait.what? That actually did happen, you say? My bad.

May the best team win on Saturday night!
Sorry, do you mean the best team on Saturday night, or the best team 12 years ago?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Being a working father who forks out money to take his son to the rugby, I'd be pretty dirty if all I had to do was wait a few days and get the tickets for half the cost.
It's a very expensive night out already, and where as you may have heaps of spare cash kicking around, some people aren't as fortunate.

Mate

The Tahs should give complimentary tickets to fathers and sons (and daughters)

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Level 6 tickets are now available. $25 for adults, $55 for a family. The price of these tickets were not lowered as they were not available for sale and likely to be not released if demand didn't warrant it. So it is a good sign for a big crowd.

People cry about these seats being cheaper etc. Have you sat up there? Classic example of nosebleed seats. Bring binoculars.

Are there any more excuses now for not turning up?

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?pp=QFANC&sh=TAHFINAL14

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If they don't have any luck with free tickets, how about paying people to go? With the semi and now the final they are already over $1 million in the black, so would it kill them to pay $20 to 10,000 to take the worst seats in the house?

That's small change compared to the benefit of a good crowd. And who knows, these people could become fans for life!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah maybe free tickets for some homeless guys. Throw in free food. And hire a dozen prostitutes to give them handies out the back just to be sure. Then maybe Omar's mates will think it's value.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ticketek are now selling $25 adult tickets in the Bronze Level 6 section.

$10 junior, $20 concession, $55 family.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
How good?? Cannot wait!!!! :D

10525767_710570718978428_3449798209658192122_n.jpg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Ticketek are now selling $25 adult tickets in the Bronze Level 6 section.

$10 junior, $20 concession, $55 family.

Good to see the free market operating efficiently. The closer to game day, the lower the price.

Or should we bring back price controls throughout the economy?

I bought a new car last year, got quite a good price, I thought at the time. Two weeks after I bought it, the manufacturer announced a two week 10% discount. It did not bother me in the slightest, I did the deal, I was happy at the time. So what if the price changes afterwards?

M

Muttonbird

Anyone know the words to Adam Two-Dads' poem at the end of training today?

I'll have a go:

Ahem,

Waratahs, Waratahs,
You are a great bunch of cobbers.
Waratahs, Waratahs,
All our Great Granddads were robbers.

Waratahs, Waratahs,
They beat us once, 19-96.
Waratahs, Waratahs,
Hope they don't do it again, those pricks.

Waratahs, Waratahs,
We have a coach called Cheika.
Waratahs, Waratahs,
He likes to abuse media and punch windows.

The End.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
yeah, binoculars are useful from any seat at ANZ, but in those ones they are essential!

I think someone else mentioned this before, but they would have sat on those tickets and only released them when and if necessary..so it signals a good crowd..

vismyr

Peter Burge (5)
Sorry, do you mean the best team on Saturday night, or the best team 12 years ago?

This Saturday. The best team already won it 12 years ago.

It's going to be a cracker -- Waratahs have been great all season, but I think it's unfinished business for the Crusaders. Can't wait! I've got my seats (and then tix in a fortnight for the Bledisloe clash). Lot's of great rugby to come!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy's right :|

Its assumed :)

Just watched Samuelson's preview video over on rugbyheaven - Waratahs dominated by the Brumbies at set piece? Fuck off! two lineouts and two dodgy scrum decisions? Spent the rest of the time laying the smackdown FFS!

Scrum 1 the boys are going to be switched on and they will be coming for the Crusaders. Kep needs to pack low and force Crockett to dip his shoulders. If Joubert has his fucking eyes in it'll be penalties all night to us!

I want Cliffy Palu to fucking smash some c**ts - they talk about the traffic Beale is going to cop, but let's see Slade front up to any of our big boppers and see how much harder Todd, Carter, and Read will have to work just to cover that shit!

Crusaders are going to fan out on defence so its up to us to hold McCheat on the ground and run over Todd. They don't have 5 Kieran Reads so once we're through the door we're just going to roll that shit over and it will get real with a quickness.

We need to fucking show all the Kiwis - not just the ones on the field - that this talk about a soft pack is a bunch of sheep shit and that they can line up and take it in turns to chew on a bit of fucking hard-nosed Aussie grit.

I've been drinking rum.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well I won't be there. Though I'm sure Tah fans won't be too sad to see one less Sader in the crowd. The price of a ticket was not an issue. I thought they were reasonably priced. Rather the train getting me back into Newcastle at 2am was definitely an issue & I don't have the funds to stay over night in Sydney.

2am on a train in Newcastle on a weekend? I'd have to be armed like Ellen Ripley heading off to face the queen to even consider that.

That aside I'm looking forward to the game, even though I'll be watching from home. Cannot predict how this will go. Nerves have not kicked in yet. JD is on stand by.

zeedok

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can I just say every Australian Rugby fan will be right behind the Waratahs on Saturday.

Fuck the Crusaders. they are chokers and haven't won since 2008, choke choke choke.

I want to see them heading for the train station after 65 minutes. I want to see a raucous crowd waving goodbye as the Waratahs thump them on tries, not kicks, scoring all sorts of tries.

israel folau to take an intercept and run all the way to the opera house, Foley to fool the entire continent with a dummy.

I want to see those shit blokes at the Tele sat down in their Mungo seats on Monday morning. Phil Rothfield to beg for mercy, as his latest post hating on Rugby is shouted down in a chorus louder and more abrupt than Todd Carney pissing himself.

Full Time score New South Wales 58 - Crusaders 0 - Daily Telegraph 0

My favourite tirade in this thread!

Here, here. I was cheering on the Reds in 2011, now's the time for all Aussie Rugby fans to get behind the Tahs - think how much good it will do the Wallabies for the Tahs to embarrass Carter and McCaw in front of 50k + fans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.