• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Qld Country side captained by Anthony Fainga'a

PROPS
Fred Burke GPS
Haydn Hirsimaki Sunnybank
Greg Holmes Reds/Sunnybank
Kirwan Sanday Easts
James Slipper* Reds/Bond University
HOOKERS
Saia Fainga’a Reds/GPS
Ryan Freney GPS
Tonga Ma’afu Norths
LOCKS
Cameron Bracewell Bond University
Blake Enever Reds/Easts
Sam Fattal Easts
Rubin Fuimaono Bond University
Jack Payne Brothers
Rob Simmons* Reds/Sunnybank
BACKROW
Ben Adams Sunnybank
Jack de Guingand University of Queensland
Lolo Fakasilea Sunnybank
Mitch King GPS
Beau Robinson Reds/Souths
James Turner Souths
HALFBACKS
Scott Gale Reds WTS/University of Queensland
Sam Grasso GPS
FLYHALVES
Mike Harris Reds/University of Queensland
James Tuttle GPS
CENTRES
Anthony Fainga’a Reds/GPS
Sam Johnson Reds WTS/GPS
Clynton Knox Brothers
Campbell Magnay GPS
Uarotafu Setu University of Queensland
OUTSIDE BACKS
Giles Beveridge Brothers
Pierce Fitzgerald Brothers
Ben Lucas Reds/Sunnybank
Tom Pincus University of Queensland
Jamie-Jerry Taulagi Reds/University of Queensland
Todd Winkley GPS

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Fuck I just spent 5 minutes copying that on my phone.

Nice front row. Beau you beauty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

JJ Taulagi needs to perform very strongly for Country to prove he's worth a contract after 2015.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Everyone will run at Turnstile and Q Country will become the laughing stock of the competition... Such a shame.

T

Train Without a Station

He seemed to perform well in Premier Rugby though from all reports.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
As much as I like to give him a hard time I think this comp is made of JJ. The defence will be less structured as they don't have a long prep time so he will run a muck.

It is also an opportunity for him to work on his defence and push for a spot in the Reds 2015.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Bitterly disappointed that none of the player who went in the qld country tour to nz got picked. Especially considering there is some bonafide talent in the group. However when your basically getting players to train and play for free it's hard to expect country players to travel

T

Train Without a Station

If you were bitterly disappointed then you have unrealistic expectations and an overinflated view of the quality of actual QLD Country. Considering that Breakers players often dominated the Country team, I'd doubt there is much talent out there which would be premier grade standard.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They seemed to have given all the best forwards to Country and the best backs to City. Odd considering the Reds forwards coach is coaching City and the Backs coach has Country.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
If you were bitterly disappointed then you have unrealistic expectations and an overinflated view of the quality of actual QLD Country. Considering that Breakers players often dominated the Country team, I'd doubt there is much talent out there which would be premier grade standard.

Well you can doubt as much as you want but your assumptions are ill informed.

A lot of premier grade teams would be lucky to have players like jack finnigan, sonny power, and Tom Vinson running around for them. Finnigan was in the rope two try scoters for premier colts in 2013 & 2012. He also played combined states in the u20 championships this year.

Just because players don't want to travel to Brisbane to play for premier grade team doesn't mean there not good enough. Besides looking at this team list there are players who will never make the 23 but are just along for the ride. Why not take some actual country players then to give them a little exposure

T

Train Without a Station

Players for this comp are players that are potential super rugby players. A potential professional rugby player would have made the move for a year or two to try their hand.

Any exception cases to this would be extremely rare.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Nobody doubts the potential of the country boys but when they get to the city they get put in a system that usually gives them a) a better quality of coaching, b) better conditioning programs, and MOST IMPORTANTLY c) better rugby on a consistent basis.

So and so from this or that country team could, and probably would, be a very good player but you have to back yourself in the city. The team has to a based somewhere (may as well be the city) and counting preseason you probably need to be in the city for 3 months anyway for this comp, why not just move. Seriously.

I get it's hypothetically annoying, but being a realist there's just no way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.