• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Big Marn

I am sorry, but I am so trying to comprehend this, but I may have lost something about " Ownership" ????? So The school "Owns" him??? Because every thing has been done presumably with parental consent?

I am done here.

I'm not the one here pretending to have medical accreditation. The boy wanted to play, the medical staff deemed him fit to play - therefore there is no issue. You banging on about how this was some grand conspiracy from Scots to win more games serves no purpose and is blatantly wrong.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I don't know what to play??? Tristan und Isolde or Die Valkure???
I have no response now to this.
Those that wish PM me.
As I said quoting Shackleton. I may be gone for quite some time

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Big Marn have you checked out Rule 9?

duty_calls.png

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking at the 15 games played between New & Scots last weekend, a New parent told me that New only won one game all day being the 16A's. Can anyone confirm the accuracy of this?

Stream Vista

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for the heads up! Would have been a royal stuff up to turn up to TSC no. 1 at 3pm Sat to watch the Soccer or whatever is played when the rugby isn't on! Anyway - still think Scots win by 20+ (even at SIC) and five rounds later we might see the status quo shift.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Looking at the 15 games played between New & Scots last weekend, a New parent told me that New only won one game all day being the 16A's. Can anyone confirm the accuracy of this?

I have a recollection that someone posted an overview of the results just after the games - maybe Sunday or Monday.

If I remember correctly, Scots won most of the matches, but New won a few. Something like 2/3 to 1/3?

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
I have a recollection that someone posted an overview of the results just after the games - maybe Sunday or Monday.

If I remember correctly, Scots won most of the matches, but New won a few. Something like 2/3 to 1/3?

Had a quick look back through the thread and couldn't find anything. However, the comment by the New parent has now also been confirmed by a Scot's parent. Of the 15 games played against New, Scots won all but the 16A game.
I am trying to keep tabs of how Scot's go throughout the whole school on a week to week basis, as I want to know if there is any merit to the criticism that Scot's has no depth. I have only been keeping tabs for the last couple of weeks, being against Shore and now New. Thus far on a aggregate of total games won or lost basis against a given school, Scots are 2-0.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
I'm not the one here pretending to have medical accreditation. The boy wanted to play, the medical staff deemed him fit to play - therefore there is no issue. You banging on about how this was some grand conspiracy from Scots to win more games serves no purpose and is blatantly wrong.

Have to agree. Presumably the boy loves rugby, he wants to represent his school, the 1st XV, one of the best schoolboy sides i've seen, and all he is risking is his shoulder injury. C'mon, the locks risk falling on their heads from 10ft in the air, the front rows risk their necks..should we all stop trying to excel at this great game and just play chess and study for orthopaedic surgery? Give Scots a break, we should be working out how to beat them [not to continually cut them down as tall poppies].

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Give Scots a break, we should be working out how to beat them [not to continually cut them down as tall poppies].

Totally agree sidesteppa ... while I know it is mostly banter, I reckon a lot of this discussion has been going downhill, and unnecessarily emotive ... scheeez louise ....

anyway Scots I know has a dedicated medico that is available on weekends for sport related injuries ... and I can attest to certainly how good the likes of A Cleverley are when there is even the hint of a concussion

bear in mind I am not a scots parent, and I am the first to have a laugh at the Scots banter

In any event, I have no doubt all the other gps schools are equally good, in terms of "duty of care" ... gone are many of the brutish things that I can recall from my day

What has happened to the informative rugby talk, and never any teams lists ... all eaten as instructed?

Re this weekend ... While I will be viewing Scots v View, I would be curious to know how the Joeys 1st XV v Newington fixture is looking ... has McCutcheon been injured, and Finane what happened to him? Joeys had a lot out last week and interested to know if most back (Wright?) ... and similarly Newington, no one has confirmed if the Aussie schoolboy prop (?) is gone for the year?

Based on Scots results, might be that the only other close Joeys Newington fixture is 16As?

Newington 14As seem to have lost a lot including their sprint champion Roach? Or are there returning kids, that might make that a close game?

Either way, hopefully we have some high quality rugby and not too many cricket scores ;)

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Give Scots a break, we should be working out how to beat them [not to continually cut them down as tall poppies].

Totally agree sidesteppa . while I know it is mostly banter, I reckon a lot of this discussion has been going downhill, and unnecessarily emotive . scheeez louise ..

anyway Scots I know has a dedicated medico that is available on weekends for sport related injuries . and I can attest to certainly how good the likes of A Cleverley are when there is even the hint of a concussion

bear in mind I am not a scots parent, and I am the first to have a laugh at the Scots banter

In any event, I have no doubt all the other gps schools are equally good, in terms of "duty of care" . gone are many of the brutish things that I can recall from my day

What has happened to the informative rugby talk, and never any teams lists . all eaten as instructed?

Re this weekend . While I will be viewing Scots v View, I would be curious to know how the Joeys 1st XV v Newington fixture is looking . has McCutcheon been injured, and Finane what happened to him? Joeys had a lot out last week and interested to know if most back (Wright?) . and similarly Newington, no one has confirmed if the Aussie schoolboy prop (?) is gone for the year?

Based on Scots results, might be that the only other close Joeys Newington fixture is 16As?

Newington 14As seem to have lost a lot including their sprint champion Roach? Or are there returning kids, that might make that a close game?

Either way, hopefully we have some high quality rugby and not too many cricket scores ;)
Yes, lets get back on track. Even if bloggers are anti Scots, there is still a real comp going on within the other 5 schools, and that comp is experiencing some great results, some upsets and some great rugby.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Thank you all for the thirds results. With the possible exception of TAS v Kings (I didn't see it), those are all pretty close results. So if my maths is correct, Scots is now in the lead on 8 points, followed by Grammar and TAS on 6 points, View on 5, Shore and Joeys on 4, Newington on 3, then High and Kings on 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.