• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well I won't be there. Though I'm sure Tah fans won't be too sad to see one less Sader in the crowd. The price of a ticket was not an issue. I thought they were reasonably priced. Rather the train getting me back into Newcastle at 2am was definitely an issue & I don't have the funds to stay over night in Sydney.

2am on a train in Newcastle on a weekend? I'd have to be armed like Ellen Ripley heading off to face the queen to even consider that.

That aside I'm looking forward to the game, even though I'll be watching from home. Cannot predict how this will go. Nerves have not kicked in yet. JD is on stand by.

At least you get to watch it. I've got commitments on Saturday and no TV to be seen. Won't be able to watch it on my phone either. Been warned off that already.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Talk about your kiss of death, Growden on ESPNScrum & some twat on Planet Rugby are tipping the Crusaders, by 7 & 6 respectively. All we need now is for the real P Fitzy to talk us up in his SMH column tomorrow morning & we're truly fucked lol.

Gave up the sports betting a few years back but even in my degenerate gambler days I wouldn't have gone near this, it's just too close to call (but, perversely, there's a good chance that whoever gets on top early could blow the other team off the park, can easily see a 13+ margin, just not sure who to).

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Talk about your kiss of death, Growden on ESPNScrum & some twat on Planet Rugby are tipping the Crusaders, by 7 & 6 respectively. All we need now is for the real P Fitzy to talk us up in his SMH column tomorrow morning & we're truly fucked lol.

Gave up the sports betting a few years back but even in my degenerate gambler days I wouldn't have gone near this, it's just too close to call (but, perversely, there's a good chance that whoever gets on top early could blow the other team off the park, can easily see a 13+ margin, just not sure who to).

Waratahs 13+. You know it makes sense.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Unless they mean their nation's captain.
But is that still wrong?

Change the jumpers and the logo down in bottom right, you have the promo poster for the Bledisloe Cup.

Efficient thinking from the interns in marketing.

Reactions: BPC

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The bookies have the Waratahs as favourites, apparently, for what that's worth (in today's Hurled).

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
What's interesting though as that the media both here and (especially) across tha dutch have pretty well decided the Crusaders already have their 8th title...

I for one am pretty happy with that. Means all the big talk is on one side and NSW can just focus on the task at hand.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
updated promo ad:
10525767_710570718978428_3449798209658192122_n.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fuck the Crusaders. they are chokers and haven't won since 2008, choke choke choke. The media talks them up like they are gods gift to footy and lets be honest, they were shit until half way through the season.

I want to see all those stupid kiwi's that hijack the Wallabies page after a win whinging their head off, I want to see them complain and moan for weeks. "Referee missed a penalty in the opening 30 seconds which cost us the game" "advantage only went for 2 minutes"

Just quietly, the forus is starting to emit a bit of a "battered wives shelter" vibe from where I'm sitting

angry_mob_simpsons.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What's interesting though as that the media both here and (especially) across tha dutch have pretty well decided the Crusaders already have their 8th title.

I for one am pretty happy with that. Means all the big talk is on one side and NSW can just focus on the task at hand.

I think the Kiwi media haven't been that bullish about it for a change. There is just this quiet belief from them that the Tahs can't overcome McCaw, Read, and Carter in a team otherwise laden with All Blacks.

With the recent record Aussie teams have against the evil Eastern States, its hardly surprising.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Tahs success this year has been via their big blokes smashing the opposition halves and back row. I trust them to play the same game this weekend, with the same result. Yes, read and McCaw looked good last week, but they didn't have Douglas, Jackpot and Palu throwing themselves into every ruck and every hit. Nadolo is a big threat, but not if he doesn't get the ball. The tahs defense took speight out of the game, and they will do the same thing with Namani.

Our lineout isn't great, and we are up against a great defensive lineout team. Again though, this was the case against the brumbies, and with a mix of quick throws and simple calls we held our own against them.

Am I shitting myself? you bet. But I trust the boys in sky blue can get this done. Tahs 25 (T: Beale, Horne, Palu C: Foley (2) P: Foley (2)) Crusaders 16 (T: Read C: Carter P: Carter (3))

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought he only glided? Or does he power the plane with sheer will?
I do like the irony of a flightless bird on the roundel of an Air Force plane. Who ever said Kiwis lack the ability to laugh at themselves?

He's qualified to fly lots of quite large planes.

There was actually talk of him flying the Crusaders team in a DC3 or something after the Christchurch earthquake and the only thing that stopped him was that he's not a commercial pilot so he couldn't fly a plane with paying customers (i.e. the team). He was licensed to fly the actual plane though.

Status
Not open for further replies.