• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Interesting selections in those teams. Also interesting to see what position some players have been selected as.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
HAHAHAHAHA

One Brothers player in the City team. Gotta love it!

Anyway, well done to Toby White in getting selection. A very underrated player.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No love for Greene?????? And they grab Tuttle who has only just started playing Premier. I'm shocked at that. I thought Greene and McIntyre would be going head to head in this comp.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In both city and country.

University of Queensland = 15

GPS = 15

Sunnybank = 15

Easts = 10

Brothers = 5

Souths = 4

Bond = 3

Wests = 1

Norths = 1

Sydney University = 1

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I trust that with 4 of your guys in the country side you will be supporting country and we'll be on opposite sides of the fence as always.

Can't believe no Greene - why?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What other Filth players should have been selected Filth?? Apart from Greene.

T

Tigers Tale

I'd just like to see the Sydney Uni player become a Tiger in 2015!!!

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
No love for Greene?????? And they grab Tuttle who has only just started playing Premier. I'm shocked at that. I thought Greene and McIntyre would be going head to head in this comp.

Probably because he is one of the worst defenders I have seen at premier grade level. He is young so plenty of time to improve in that area.
I do think a few of the shadow players will be drafted in once the injured reds withdraw. I am sure he will get a chance at some stage.

Some interesting selections. Not an easy job and I am sure they can justify every one they picked but how Dave Campbell doesn't get a go is beyond me.
Also gps probably have the worst scrum of the final 4 and get all 3 front rowers in while brothers have arguably the best and only get one.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some good points RH.

But, Greene has been sensational in attack this year. When Brothers last played GPS, he was a lot stronger than Tuttle - whom himself is very good.

Greene has also won two Musashi Player of the Round award equal with Sam Johnson who funnily enough is in an NRC team.

How the hell can you pick JJ Taugali who is dreadful in defence and not Greene? GPS in my opinion are very lucky to have 15 players, same with Easts having 10- which I can't understand as they aren't even in the finals?!?!

Charles Freney has been outstanding this year. And to pick Brad Wilkin ahead of him is ridiculous. Wilkin is very good, I'm not denying that, but I personally think after watching Brothers defeat Easts 26-8, that Freney and Beauchamp were head and shoulders above ANY of the Easts backrow.

Why Grasso and Mullins get a go ahead of Campbell is ludicrous. Mullins is way better at #12 or #13 anyway.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
Easts with 10 players, 2 coaches, and both managers. Interesting for a side that didn't make finals.... The blue and gold seem to have a big contingent of affiliations and supporters at all levels in the QRU at the moment. Not underestimating the merit of SoMe of those obviously good players, just making an observation.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Why Grasso and Mullins get a go ahead of Campbell is ludicrous.

Hey FilthRugby, do remind me how many QLD Premier Rugby Premiership teams Campbell has captained?

Seriously though I think Mullins deserves a go. Hope he gets some game time.

Good luck to Brothers on Sunday too. If their forwards play like they did against the Tigers a few weeks ago they will smash GPS. Greene may well be their key player on Sunday. I am a fan of his smart and willing style of play.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pauly, Campbell was instrumental in Wests 2006 Premiership side. Trust me, I was there, I remember the game well- unfortunately.

You must have misunderstood my comment, I believe Mullins should be in an NRC team- as a centre, because I think Campbell has been the better #9 this year.

Yes, I likewise hope our bhoys win. It'll be tough, but all the more merrier if it does happen.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMO Grasso definitely didn't deserve selection. And I agree with RH on the GPS front 3, I believe freddy deserves the spot but kite has often been dominated in scrums.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Cat A - can you provide any information as to why an old boy was introduced as Tim Tam, as the teams took to the field last weekend?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Cat A - can you provide any information as to why an old boy was introduced as Tim Tam, as the teams took to the field last weekend?
No idea at all, sorry - I was filling water bottles & concentrating elsewhere and didn't hear it. Even if I had, it probably wouldn't have registered- I only knew 5 or 6 of the players and any nicknames would've gone straight over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.