• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Your latest Music 'find'

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Mrs. boyo and I saw "Hugh Laurie and the Copper Bottom Band" last night.

We took a punt.

Blues and jazz.

Very good.

Some of you may recognize this song (Jack Rabbit Slim's):-

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I like the clip of this song. If nurses at mental institutions are like this, can I be committed now?

Hedley is a Canadian band with a diverse range of styles from alternative to pop. This one is a tongue in cheek tribute to electro pop.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I listen to both kinds of music:

* slow doom metal

and

* glacially-slow doom metal.

Recent find was GOATSNAKE.

Perfect for rugby players, iHomo: heavy, moronic, HEAVY, monotonous knuckle-dragging munt. Plus it doesnt have the daft cookie monster vocals that are so often a deal-breaker

this LP is currently in transit mail-order from Jesusland to my hot little pants. I have thousand of records and dozens of cd's. Never downloaded anything.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Love me some doom. My latest music finds:

Classic English Prog, courtesy of Big Big Train

Wicked jazz funk from Snarky Puppy (I'm a sucker for a great horn section)

Instrumental guitar music from a young fella from Sydney

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
This would have to be the best pop song ever

Josh Ramsay co-wrote 'Call Me Maybe' for Carly-Rae Jepsen and has said he has gotten sick of being asked "how do you write a great pop song?" so he decided to write Pop 101 as an instruction manual and to take the piss out of a number of pop artists. The song is brilliant, it's satirical and extremely catchy. I've picked several pisstakes in the video clip - Justin Timberlake, Mumford and Sons, Kesha, Black Eyed Peas, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Redfoo. I like the guest rapper who is there to fill in a quiet bit. "Some things just go together, like higher, desire and fire" :)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I listen to both kinds of music:

* slow doom metal

and

* glacially-slow doom metal.

Recent find was GOATSNAKE.

Perfect for rugby players, iHomo: heavy, moronic, HEAVY, monotonous knuckle-dragging munt. Plus it doesnt have the daft cookie monster vocals that are so often a deal-breaker

this LP is currently in transit mail-order from Jesusland to my hot little pants. I have thousand of records and dozens of cd's. Never downloaded anything.

Close enough for me. Part of my musical upbringing was listening to stoner rock like Kyuss and (to a lesser degree) QOTSA. more recently I've discovered Unida, which got John Garcia and Scott Reeder from Kyuss. I claim recent find becuas;e they've re-released old EPs and are doing a few festivals. John/Scott were probably jealous that Josh Homme is doing so well.

The Unida song that has captured my attention thus far - If Only Two:

There's a lot more in my musical history, this is jsut the tip. Could camp in this thread :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For the oldies on here:

A mate put me on to Diana Krall (AKA Mrs Elvis Costello, also AKA Mrs Declan Patrick McManus).
Lovely jazz voice for chilling out with a nice glass of Coonawarra Red.

Also, on the Jazz theme, Patricia Barber can hold a tune when she tries.
She could chill a Single Malt Whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.