• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The RFU took notice, they've poached Tom Tombleson who runs the S&C with Haydn Masters. He'll be with the England Test side at the WC next year. :( Although I think he's originally a Pom.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Most NRC squads announced except Syd Uni and North Rays. Interesting Brisbane has Sam Talakai Prop Sydney Uni. In no surprise Mitchell Wade with UCV (Brumbies) seen as he was with Brumbies in Singapore for 10's

T

TOCC

Ok, let's look at this and try to break down the squad. Any corrections, please let me know:

Gone are (6):

Mike Harris - likely replaced by Samu Kerevi
Rod Davies - likely replaced by Chris Kuridrani
Aidan Toua - possibly replaced by Karmichael Hunt
Dom Shipperley - likely replaced by James O'Connor
Albert Anae - ?? - ??? Is it going to be Andrew Ready ???
Jono Owen - ?? - ??? Probably Pettowa Paraka ??? What's Jeremy Tilse's contract situation?

Reds have updated there squad list not he website by removing those 6 players listed above who are departing, that leaves 23 players still listed on the website. Quirk, Shatz etc are all still listed on the website so read into that what you will.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Maybe they should just sack the entire squad and hire the Wallaroo's squad for the Reds team. Watching them play last night was more enjoyable then watching the Reds this year, and they won to boot!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jim Carmichael said:
But mark the Reds, Richard and I on the first game of next season when we are back in the arms race with a new player list and more high performance support around the team.

Big statement.

I wonder what the extra high performance support actually is going to be? I think S&C, skills, defence and attack as well as tactical and probably some kind of motivator or headshrink is in order.

An assistant head coach who does all the duties of head coach and relieves Richard Graham of the mundane head coachy sort of stuff would be helpful as well. This gives RG the time and energy to concentrate on the youtube and media stuff instead. I think RG could even take it one step further and do that remotely using modern technology and fulfill that role from San Diego.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
At the very least rg should spend all of half time doing media commitments away from the team. How many times were we ahead at half time and lost the gane this years?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
David Feao plays at Souths and is in the Brisbane NRC team. A big prop who is fairly skillful. He's got to be in and around the reds if Talakai isn't signed

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Feao still isn't in the same tier as Parraka, Kite and Fagaase in my opinion. Granted I don't watch him play every week but I have seen quite a bit of him over the last couple of years and would be very surprised if hes picked up before the other three.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Coach/Manager also comes into play as well on what he does with his players. If he is too short sighted he can have a player out for a season instead of a couple of weeks.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It would be great is the Reds worked their arses off to sign Nadolo for next year. I thought he had resigned with the Crusaders but apparently hasn't and was filthy with some supporters racial abuse. Maybe family could bring him back with the chance of playing with his brother Chris. He would look great in a Red's Number 11 and is exactly what Qld need in their backline let alone Australia.

T

Train Without a Station

Recipe for disaster I think. I player with as poor previous form as Nadolo has had? Richard Graham could have him playing reserve grade club rugby by the test window break!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
He'd be a great signing for the Reds.
TWAS lighten up mate. It cant possibly be as bad as you think it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
It would be great is the Reds worked their arses off to sign Nadolo for next year. I thought he had resigned with the Crusaders but apparently hasn't and was filthy with some supporters racial abuse. Maybe family could bring him back with the chance of playing with his brother Chris. He would look great in a Red's Number 11 and is exactly what Qld need in their backline let alone Australia.

I assume that you know that he is not eligible for Australia having played for Fiji and would need to be signed as a marquee player.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I assume that you know that he is not eligible for Australia having played for Fiji and would need to be signed as a marquee player.

I believe we all do. Would still be a good signing. His old man played for qld too, as many know.

But, yes, we do need a big bopper backrower too.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd figure that he'd have been an awesome target it JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt weren't coming on board.

Assuming they are both signed, it wouldn't make sense to pour more money at that area of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.