• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Neck warmer and the thin beanie to go under the members cap, ready to go.

Might have to stick another layer on under the jersey. If there is room!
Already have said items stacked ready for the morrow.
Garn orf, I tells ya.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
What? Out this way we don't have your little ocean currents to warm the air. Bet you don't even get frost young lady!

what is this frost you speak of? I have only experienced snow when I've been skiing with the family at Charlottes Pass ;)

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Jarse, it's good to see you're back on the booze!
Looking at your avatar last week had me worried, then I realised you must have been participating in "Dry July"! February with its 28 days, is a much better month for such noble causes, although the average temperatures are somewhat higher, creating a more challenging thirst!

I predict a 'daily double' for tomorrow: Sally Pearson to do it for the Gold Coast and Australia, and the Tahs to do it for Sydney and Australia!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Neck warmer and the thin beanie to go under the members cap, ready to go.

Might have to stick another layer on under the jersey. If there is room!

Get a nice big beer coat on you! Thats my plan, along with the 50 others from Irish heading on our Tah Bus to the game

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Get a nice big beer coat on you! Thats my plan, along with the 50 others from Irish heading on our Tah Bus to the game
50 Irish on a bus??? F me that's going to sound like 55k before you even get to the ground.......

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Paul Kent

CAN our eyes be anywhere else but on the Waratahs in the Super 15 final against Canterbury Crusaders (Fox Sports 2 7.30pm)? The Tahs are going for their first title in three attempts, which follows years of misery. Victory will be the crowning for Australian rugby union’s best player, Israel Folau. To achieve that, though, he must defeat bona fide legends Richie McCaw and Dan Carter who eat winning for breakfast.

Why am I not surprised.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
For those of us that can't get to the game, will have to resort to the drinking game instead (courtesy rugbybanter)

10441034_905746919439155_6516407482695382425_n.jpg

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
OK boys, well thanks to my FUCKTARD cable provider, who still won't admit that they were 24 hours early with the game, here are the highlights thus far from what I recorded:

2 x Chris Brown songs;
Cover of "Careless Whisper";
I think an original Bruce Hornsby track:
"Girl from Ipanema"; and
"Never Comes the Day", Moody Blues (ominous).

Basically I have 15 hours left to convince them - *cue countdown clock and dramatic music*

PS: If any DirecTV subscriber US-based GAGRs are out there, call these morons and lend your voice!!!!!!!

GO TAHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do like the irony of a flightless bird on the roundel of an Air Force plane.......

As opposed to an equally flightless marsupial?

KOD update: P Fitzy (the one with the red bandana) in today's SMH doesn't actually make a prediction. Given his track record he obviously doesn't want to jinx his boys in blue, nor go for my guys in red lest they should win & he be run out've town.

14 hours & counting down.........

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I am a farmer and use the necessary tools, so I am going to claim some ability to forecast the weather for the game..

The 4 degrees someone spoke of is the minimum overnight temperature for Parramatta that is forecast, so that's where that dire prediction came from..

The temperature will be approximately 11 degrees when the game is nearing kick off and will fall to around 8 degrees by the time it finishes. The wind over the same timeframe will fall from around 20kmh to 10kmh, coming from a S-SW direction..there are some light showers forecast for the coast only, if any of that at all reaches ANZ it will only be the spray off it..otherwise expect a dry night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mr Jarse, it's good to see you're back on the booze!
Looking at your avatar last week had me worried, then I realised you must have been participating in "Dry July"! February with its 28 days, is a much better month for such noble causes, although the average temperatures are somewhat higher, creating a more challenging thirst!

I predict a 'daily double' for tomorrow: Sally Pearson to do it for the Gold Coast and Australia, and the Tahs to do it for Sydney and Australia!

Correct assumption. Dry July is now over and normal service has been resumed. 1st beer was a Parrot Dog "Dead Canary" and it was as if an Angel was crying into my mouth.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BOM forecast says "Sunny day. The chance of showers along the coastal fringe during this evening. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning southerly in the middle of the day."

No roads into Sydney cut off due to snow/ice.

No Excuses.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
BOM forecast says "Sunny day. The chance of showers along the coastal fringe during this evening. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h turning southerly in the middle of the day."

No roads into Sydney cut off due to snow/ice.

No Excuses.

Those are the same coastal showers that were missing from the forecast 24 hours ago - appeared at midday yesterday as early morning showers, were moved to middle of the day coastal showers at about 4pm and have evidently just been moved to evening showers.
On that basis, HJ , you cannot rule out snow and ice some time between now and 7:40.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gagger gets product placement mention in The Fitz Files today:

All Blacks captain and Crusaders flanker Richie McCaw – the subject of the famous T-shirt, “I’m not an alcoholic, I only drink when Richie McCaw is offside” – said by leaving the SFS to play at Homebush, the Waratahs will no longer be having a home game. It is up to us to show him what a Tah-gic home crowd looks like. Let’s make the effort. Let’s fill it. Let’s have the Waratahs run out to a roaring crowd like they did last Saturday night at the SFS, only DOUBLE the size!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/lets-get-out-there-and-support-nsw-waratahs-in-super-rugby-final-20140801-zz9v9.html#ixzz39BKWCHRi

Status
Not open for further replies.