• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
10342804_10152348355082144_6507975782757636223_n.jpg

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If Kearns AND Marto are both in the comms box is it OK to use mid-strength for their blatherings & real beer for the important stuff? Or would that be considered cheating (or, worse, soft)?
I'd be more worried about having to drink every time Walsh admires himself on the big screen.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Any more news on the size of the crowd?

Nothing so far, which means it's probably stalled at around 55k. I'm bringing mates and have done what little I can with a hastily put together call to arms over at the roar, but ultimately it looks like the place won't get very close to capacity sadly.

Still, in a few years time if the NSWRU and Cheika keep doing what they're doing, we might see an 80k Super Final for the Tahs.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Starting to get really nervous about the game now... The Crusaders powerful set-piece and Carter's pin-point tactical kicking just have me worried that they'll have that much more ability to dictate the terms in this match.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Good luck to the Tahs and all their supporters tonight. I hope the stadium is full and all of the supporters are in full voice. Hopefully even a bit feral. Should be a cracker.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
both groups of supporters will be getting nervous about the result.

The game is on a knife edge.

I am only concerned about the Tahs set piece. The rest is all good.

Australia (I mean, the Tahs) to win by 4

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Crowd wont reach 60k, but Let's face it, if at the start of the season you said there'd be 55,000 fans turning up the ANZ Stadium to watch the tahs play in a grand final, you'd be over the moon.

Even up in queensland the hype behind this game has managed to wash through the mainstream public, something that so rarely happens for super rugby games in Australia. The 2011 final was probably the last time non-fans took notice.

There will be a so many people watching tonight that have seen very little Super Rugby over the past few years. I'd wager there'll be a few that have never seen Super rugby. This is just what our game needs!

From here we have the chance to parlay this momentum and ram the bandwagon right into the Bledisloe cup arena at a million miles an hour. A win tonight will do wonders not just for our chances on the field, but for our fan base off the field. I fear that a loss tonight will condemn us to another year of disappointment.

COME ON TAHS! GO YOU GOOD THING!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As opposed to an equally flightless marsupial?

KOD update: P Fitzy (the one with the red bandana) in today's SMH doesn't actually make a prediction. Given his track record he obviously doesn't want to jinx his boys in blue, nor go for my guys in red lest they should win & he be run out've town.

14 hours & counting down...
I was surprised it took you Kiwis so long to bite. ;) I suppose it was pretty obvious bait.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NEWSFLASH

My son and a posse of his mates have decided, at the last minute, to attend tonight's match. A figure of 60,000 is assured. ;)

There'll be at least 3 or 4,000 walkups.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Re the drinking game - when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets the ball, those involved will get plastered.:D

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Was at the stadium for game one against the Transvaal Lions way back in 1996. Unfortunately distance prevents me attending tonight for hopefully what will be some sort of epiphany. Will, however, be screaming/swearing as loudly as I did in game 1, wearing my circa 1996 Tahs away jersey.
PS Will be playing the two-dads drinking game and hoping to get pissed as a newt.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Correct assumption. Dry July is now over and normal service has been resumed. 1st beer was a Parrot Dog "Dead Canary" and it was as if an Angel was crying into my mouth.

Breaking the drought with a kiwi beer - I'm taking that as some sort of good omen.

M

Moono75

Big buildup. Hope it's a cracker of a game. Just got a nagging feeling it's going to be like one of those hyped up Super Bowl games where one team ends up getting blown out. Not sure which team that will be though Saders have the pedigree to get the job done.

Good luck to the Tahs and Hooper as the young Captain. Hope the guys rip in and my favourite Saffrican Jackpot has a bit game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.