• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
But we don't NEED science Matty - we've got Religion. well unless its one of those foreign religions. They're all about hate and discrimination and usually come here via filthy little brown people on a boat..

[/sarcasm]
We don't need religion any more. We have the climate debate instead.

Can someone point me to the closest wood pile?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
No modelling to prove Abbott's dole plan works

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/no-modelling-to-prove-abbotts-dole-plan-works-20140731-3cx9g.html#ixzz397Y4G7Nd

"A Department of Employment official has admitted the Abbott government has not done any modelling to estimate how many job seekers will find employment within three months after completing its multibillion-dollar work-for-the-dole program.

That is despite the government's own data showing work-for-the-dole programs are the least effective way to help people find jobs."

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Are the shock jocks and Murdoch on side. They are all the modelling required.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Runner has an obsession with the Greens.

NEWSFLASH: They are not in power.

Ask the senate. Power is not always in having the most but controlling a chock point. Not an obssesion but realism. If you don't think they ever have influence ask Gillard

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
No modelling to prove Abbott's dole plan works

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/no-modelling-to-prove-abbotts-dole-plan-works-20140731-3cx9g.html#ixzz397Y4G7Nd

"A Department of Employment official has admitted the Abbott government has not done any modelling to estimate how many job seekers will find employment within three months after completing its multibillion-dollar work-for-the-dole program.

That is despite the government's own data showing work-for-the-dole programs are the least effective way to help people find jobs."

If it is not effective why did ALP use it?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Tony Abbott's Coalition making same mistakes as Labor

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/tony-abbotts-coalition-making-same-mistakes-as-labor-20140801-zzhkf.html#ixzz39CLX4Mx9

"Members of the government are getting cranky with each other, but the problem is a collective one. Wherever individual fault might lie, it’s certainly true that the government as a whole has failed as a force for persuading, for implementing and for succeeding.

The government did no real work to prepare public opinion for some of its dramatic reforms, failed to mount a persuasive public argument, and, as a result, is watching the slow demise of some of its prized projects."

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Hockey Puck: Is Joe the Liberals' new trickster?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/hockey-puck-is-joe-the-liberals-new-trickster-20140725-zwfdy.html#ixzz39CXef9AX

"Our federal treasurer is fast earning himself a new nickname - "Hockey Puck" - and not because he's being beaten with sticks by his Coalition colleagues over his authorised biography.

No, it seems there might be more than little of Shakespeare's mischievious trickster in Treasurer Hockey, whose flaunting of his leadership credentials only ten months into the life of the Abbott government has many observers puzzled and plenty of his colleagues fuming.

To see how well the biography Hockey: Not Your Average Joe has gone down with the Right, you need only read the front page of yesterday's Australian, where political editor Dennis Shanahan labelled the Treasurer "self-indulgent", suggesting even Hockey's senior colleagues now see him as "an aloof plutocrat, puffing on a cigar, well-off, politically distant from everyday life".

That's the Oz - not The Saturday Paper - taking a shot at Hockey, which suggests Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, who has a hotline to Holt Street, is also less than impressed with his burly bean counter."

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Monday's interesting facts:

Seems like the Laborious party has been reading a bit.

Chris Bowen just used the words "feasibility study" and "cost benefit analysis" in the same breath.

Breaking new ground. A year ago he would have been fired from that party for demanding such terrible things.

Labor is really reinventing itself. Good to see.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Hockey Puck: Is Joe the Liberals' new trickster?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/hockey-puck-is-joe-the-liberals-new-trickster-20140725-zwfdy.html#ixzz39CXef9AX

"Our federal treasurer is fast earning himself a new nickname - "Hockey Puck" - and not because he's being beaten with sticks by his Coalition colleagues over hisauthorised biography.

No, it seems there might be more than little of Shakespeare's mischievious trickster in Treasurer Hockey, whose flaunting of his leadership credentials only ten months into the life of the Abbott government has many observers puzzled and plenty of his colleagues fuming.

To see how well the biography Hockey: Not Your Average Joe has gone down with the Right, you need only read the front page of yesterday's Australian, where political editor Dennis Shanahan labelled the Treasurer "self-indulgent", suggesting even Hockey's senior colleagues now see him as "an aloof plutocrat, puffing on a cigar, well-off, politically distant from everyday life".

That's the Oz - not The Saturday Paper - taking a shot at Hockey, which suggests Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, who has a hotline to Holt Street, is also less than impressed with his burly bean counter."

SMH has hit the lowest of the possible low this last week with running a despicable Antisemitic cartoon.

This rag really does not know where the bottom of the gutter is.

How can anything they print be taken seriously?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I saw the movie Idiocracy the other day. It made more sweeping social statements than the last 6 years of federal politics. More thought-provoking too.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The SMH cartoon was racist.

I think the cartoon that The Australian published possibly on the same day was also entirely racist.

Bt2ya8RCEAApw4M.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The SMH cartoon was racist.

I think the cartoon that The Australian published possibly on the same day was also entirely racist.

Bt2ya8RCEAApw4M.jpg

One is satirical.

The other was antisemitic and a half hearted apology followed more than a week later.

There is no comparison here.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
SMH has hit the lowest of the possible low this last week with running a despicable Antisemitic cartoon.

This rag really does not know where the bottom of the gutter is.

How can anything they print be taken seriously?
Can you explain to me how it was "anti-Semitic"? Or do you not know what that actually means.

It was pretty fair in my view - the images of Israelis seemingly watching the bombing of Gaza like it was some sort of snuff movie is nothing short of deplorable. I'm not fan of Hamas, but anyone who defends that is pretty messed up.

Also, the lowest point for print media in Australia was reached last year when this happened:
XscpFpK.jpg

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
No outlet with a shred of dignity should be calling for anything other than a cessation of all hostilities.

What a pack of fuckwits.

Agreed. The Australian are firmly with the Zionists and the Guardian seem right in the with Palestinians. Personally I can't understand people taking either side... There are religious psychopaths driving this on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.