• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Didn't do well on the AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) drinking game and had to revert to "I only drink when Richie's offside game". Went very well.

One for the cross code supporters

"Where is the SuperXV trophy?"
"That's in New South Wales!"

PS Cheers to all the other Aussie team supporters for getting on board.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Wow. (As a little New South Welshman once said at a big occasion).

I have supported the Tahs since I played Under 9s for Chatswood and got a broken nose for my troubles. That's pretty much all I got out of the Tahs until tonight.

Like 1993, this victory is one for the True Believers.

I raise a glass to Lee Grant, Lindommer, Fitzy the Bloody Aussie, Cyclopath, Moses, Matt, jonnosan, and everyone here I've shared a beer with since 2003. Good onya boys, we deserved this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Lost by 1 in the last minute, obviously not happy but shit happens, eh. Congrats to Waratahs & their real as opposed to bandwagon-jumping fans, 19 yeas is a fuckin long time to wait for a title so enjoy it while it's hot! Be advised, however, we'll be coming back for ya'll next year.

19 years?
I've been waiting since they played in the South Pacific Championship - 86?
I'm sure i was out there at Concord earlier than that for some bloody comp we never won.
Brought a tear to the eye.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
140802023841463294.jpg

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Wow. (As a little New South Welshman once said at a big occasion).

I have supported the Tahs since I played Under 9s for Chatswood and got a broken nose for my troubles. That's pretty much all I got out of the Tahs until tonight.

Like 1996, this victory is one for the True Believers.

I raise a glass to Lee Grant, Lindommer, Fitzy the Bloody Aussie, Cyclopath, Moses, Matt, jonnosan, and everyone here I've shared a beer with since 2003. Good onya boys, we deserved this.

Where have you been?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Awesome !

Weird combination of relief and just plain stoked. Means more having gone through what we've gone through.

Palu is a different player to the one that first came on to the scene. He is far more dynamic and elusive. He now has edge to him which I think was missing.

Palu's always been great. Not doing anything different, just staying healthy for once.

The best part - the Tahs are going to get even better.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
A few people getting a bit carried away. Folau two ordinary games. Skelton a big body but not a test player yet.
2/10 Poor Tahs defence letting in 32 points and giving the Crusaders a losing bonus point.

Set-piece a shambles. Link will be worried.

Win not comprehensive enough. Tahs should not have left it to the last two minute to have it in the bag

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
naza, mate, I know how you feel. It's a weird feeling. That was about the worst 80 minutes of my year. I thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Awesome !

Weird combination of relief and just plain stoked. Means more having gone through what we've gone through.

Palu's always been great. Not doing anything different, just staying healthy for once.

The best part - the Tahs are going to get even better.

Not doing anything different? How do you explain the change in body shape? From the naked eye, he's a lot quicker off the mark than in previous years.

The Pirate

Herbert Moran (7)
Fantastic . Ran out of rum at the end of the first half , now drinking scotch and baileys , most of which I am now spilling as I attempt to type.
That I can live with but sadly I also ran out of chewing gum so have been smoking up a storm of B&H since half way through the first half. Not so happy about that reversion
May I just also say that the Tahs have been not only the best side to watch all year but also the side that has made an old rugby man very, very proud and very, very happy with the attitude they have shown and the way they have approached the game and more than just the game.
Thank you Michael and the boys

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
naza, mate, I know how you feel. It's a weird feeling. That was about the worst 80 minutes of my year. I thought I was going to have an aneurysm.

Yeah, I was prepared to get all bitter and twisted. It looked Crusaders' gamesmanship (offside all day, the usual hi-jinks), poor officiating (that Nodolo try - how do you stuff that up with video replay in a grand final..deadset), and just not coming up with the key play when it matters was back to bite us.

That Foley kick never looked like it was going over. I've not been more ecstatic over a kick since Bernie's drop.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Breaking the drought with a kiwi beer - I'm taking that as some sort of good omen.

To celebrate the drought being broken, I'm toasting it with a "Message In A Bottle" from Epic Brewery.

No omen, just fact. Downing another Kiwi.

How good was RailCorp tonight? Plenty of Blue Balloons in the Train Station. Station Staff wearing Tahs Caps. Trains with Tahs Posters on the doors. and the subtle "Go The Waratahs" displayed on the Destination Indicators on board the trains.

The crowning glory from RailCorp was their foresight in naming their new $3 Billion Trains - The Waratah Train.

With the Railway behind us, the result was never in doubt.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Tell you what, don't think Blackadder will open his big mouth about ANZ Stadium being a neutral f**king venue again!

Seriously, talk about a stupid comment... They're the NEW SOUTH WALES WARATAHS YOU DUMB F###! Not the bloody Moore park Waratahs! We could have played it in Newcastle and it would still have not been anything close to bloody neutral!

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Not doing anything different? How do you explain the change in body shape? From the naked eye, he's a lot quicker off the mark than in previous years.

Looks to me like the same bloke he's always been except he's not dinged up. Having teammates playing better, e.g. be there for his offloads, may have changed some people's perception of him.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Congrats Tahs. What a heartstopper of a game. That penalty from Foley barely scraped over the crossbar. But the skills shown by both sides - barely a knock-on or pass astray despite both teams hurling themselves at it for the full 80. Not sure when my voice will come back.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i pulled my phone out while i was at the game to try and post and immediately put it back into my pocket, there was too much rugby to watch!

just got home now so here goes .....

what a great fucking game - the saders played extremely well and nearly took the crowd out of the game at one stage. i'm glad the season came down to one point in the final 2 minutes, great summary of where both teams were at the end of the season. well done to the saders, and good luck to carter on returning from injury (perhaps after the bledisloe ;))

behind the posts, the crowd were right into it from the first few minutes including the penalty. our bay were on their first 2 or 3 phases out from the first try.

2 dads was picked by everyone around me for MoTM around the 70 minute mark.

mrs a mutterer was a nervous wreck towards the end and it was nail biting stuff. i was more involved in rousing (maybe rabble rousing) but was a cracking game. well done to the team, and to the fans.

now bring on the bled!

Status
Not open for further replies.