• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Crusaders 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.jpg

"'PRETTY ANNOYED': Crusaders flanker Richie McCaw was hurting after he gave away the match-winning penalty to the Waratahs."

No shit, Sherlock.

Anyhoo, there's a Bledisloe coming up so all youse Banjo Players, Mexicans & 1/2-way-to-Sethfrickens need to get off the Waratahs bandwagon & resume bitching about how many of them make the Warabies, or Wallatahs if you prefer.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Thanks for that pic, oldboy. I never thought I'd have Richie as my avatar, but there's something hypnotic about it. I can't stop looking at it.

Mission accomplished, I can now rest.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
C.Slade went very well. Looked to be enjoying slotting over those penalties.

D.Carter is rooted. If he keeps injuring himself every time he falls over then he is stuffed. 2 games back, 2 months off.

Heinz panicked box kick into touch with 3 mins to run out the clock was the losing of the Super15. All they had to do was rumble it up for 10 phases then hoof it out. Slackbladder's preplanned subbing measure backfires big-time. Wasn't A.Ellis was right there in the same position, same time left in RWC2011's countdown to glory? Kicking the ball back to them? A bit Irish, iHomo.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I must admit, the game in replay was far less stressful. Just a mighty performance from both sides, they both played that game with style and the right attitude.

And being a bit of an arsehole there was quite a bit of enjoyment had watching Ritchie being penalised to lose the match :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Time for some sober reflection on opportunities missed.

Where was the Tahs Merch Tent last night?

- The biggest ever crowd, the first ever home GF, and there was no merch available for the Bandwagoners to purchase. Did they sell out of everything at the semi final?

Where was the blue freebie on the seat or handed out by unpaid interns?
Something, anything, even a sky blue A3 card with "Try" on one side and Volvo Tahs on the other. If you didn't bring anything from home (a couple of HSCB Tahs flags) then there was nothing flash/wave when the Good Guys scored.

How good was the crowd support? What was the peak Georgibel reading on Sean Maloney's Greganometer? Would have gone close to 11.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who the f**k is Israel Folau????! AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Rules!!!! :D

Yep, Falou highly over rated. ACC Is such a complete rugby player and asset to any team. Glade he finally got a super rugby GF win. Well deserved....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
- The biggest ever crowd, the first ever home GF, and there was no merch available for the Bandwagoners to purchase. Did they sell out of everything at the semi final?

There was one van outside the eastern side of the ground. They had no beanies left shortly after they opened from what I could see.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
They ran out. But they also ran out at the Tahs v Brumbies at ANZ this year too.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
View attachment 5138

"'PRETTY ANNOYED': Crusaders flanker Richie McCaw was hurting after he gave away the match-winning penalty to the Waratahs."

No shit, Sherlock.

Anyhoo, there's a Bledisloe coming up so all youse Banjo Players, Mexicans & 1/2-way-to-Sethfrickens need to get off the Waratahs bandwagon & resume bitching about how many of them make the Warabies, or Wallatahs if you prefer.

Australian rugby fans have been letting Kiwis know that his lack of pilfering skills and offside offences are a joke and he has been gettig away with it far to long. And now the world best 7 that plays 6 just gave away a super rugby GF. Classic example of what goes around come around.
Next it will be the beldisole and World Cup he will fuck up for them.

Jeez it was a top feeling when he got pinned, any decent player would have just defended the line.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done tahs. Can't say I am happy about the result, but it was certainly well deserved after a great season and a well fought match.

Phipps played a great game I thought. He had a lot of really terrible ball when the saders were rushing the rucks but he dealt with it all in his stride. No complaints, just got stuck in and got his job done. And on the rare occasions where one of the tahs stuffed up (or in fact at any time really), he was there with words of encouragement.

Kudos to that man.

Good game to watch, so a credit to both teams.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Time for some sober reflection on opportunities missed.

Where was the Tahs Merch Tent last night?

Where was the blue freebie on the seat or handed out by unpaid interns?
Something, anything, even a sky blue A3 card with "Try" on one side and Volvo Tahs on the other. If you didn't bring anything from home (a couple of HSCB Tahs flags) then there was nothing flash/wave when the Good Guys scored.

How good was the crowd support? What was the peak Georgibel reading on Sean Maloney's Greganometer? Would have gone close to 11.

It was odd. I went to the merchandise van about 1 or so before kick-off and they'd sold out of scarves, beannies and most other things.

NSWRU - some things never change:rolleyes:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting comment from the PR forum

Chieka has done it again. It is like a sequel of a movie. A team from the largest city in a country (or close to it, haven't wiki'd it), wearing blue and underachieving. Currently overshadowed by there neighbours that wear red.

BOD is played by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). A long serving servant of the club/franchise that has never been the one to sound off about his frustrations and just keeps doing his thing.

Sexton is played by Foley. a guy that is somewhat young that finally comes good when needed.

Elsom is played by Potgieter. A foreign player to the squad adding the needed grunt and forward play to help lead from the front

There are similarities

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Australian rugby fans have been letting Kiwis know that his lack of pilfering skills and offside offences are a joke and he has been gettig away with it far to long. And now the world best 7 that plays 6 just gave away a super rugby GF. Classic example of what goes around come around.
Next it will be the beldisole and World Cup he will fuck up for them.

Jeez it was a top feeling when he got pinned, any decent player would have just defended the line.

You can always rely on a banjo picker to keep it classy....

Found this on GAGR's front page:

"4. The final penalty…

… was marginal. Richie was probably in from the side but it was far from obvious and Joubert had been largely ignoring entry for most of the preceding 78 minutes (which definitely favoured the Tahs). BUT Richie was a little bit off the pace all night and this was a key example of that. Back in his prime Richie could give away penalties with the best of them, but he did it in a smart way. He’d pick the right time and more importantly the right place to push the boundaries. Last night in the closing minutes he did neither. He decided to have a crack in the 78th minute on the 40m line right in front of the sticks. If the ruck was on the sideline it would be a different story. But it was within Foley’s range and he duly converted… just."

Pretty much sums it up perfectly IMO.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
View attachment 5138

No shit, Sherlock.

Nah the Wallabies is always the great unifier so I reckon we'll stick together, collectively take this momentum and hopefully roll your ABs.

Status
Not open for further replies.