• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Link will remain very loyal to those players who have performed well.
Obviously there will be some nudges around the edges, based on injury and form. The positions that may be:

2 TPN (if injured) then Charles or Chib
9 White or Phipps
10. Foley or QC (Quade Cooper)
11/14 Speight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and a few others

I cannot see QC (Quade Cooper) being brought straight back in. What was his injury? Did he have surgery? Palu and Horwill and Pocock have all demonstrated how long it takes to recover from surgery.

T

Train Without a Station

Shoulder surgery. Apparently he will have up to 7 NRC games prior to the last Bledisloe test.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Link will remain very loyal to those players who have performed well.
Obviously there will be some nudges around the edges, based on injury and form. The positions that may be:

2 TPN (if injured) then Charles or Chib
9 White or Phipps
10. Foley or QC (Quade Cooper)
11/14 Speight, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and a few others

Are these the changes or the certs?... Speight and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)? both in if fit and starting.
Agree obviously with top.
Phipps and White yes if Genia miraculously rises but a long way off. At the moment both certs.
Foley or QC (Quade Cooper)?? does that mean Kurtley is a cert? or does he switch possies?...lots of good natured debate in this one :)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Are these the changes or the certs?. Speight and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)? both in if fit and starting.
Agree obviously with top.
Phipps and White yes if Genia miraculously rises but a long way off. At the moment both certs.
Foley or QC (Quade Cooper)?? does that mean Kurtley is a cert? or does he switch possies?.lots of good natured debate in this one :)

My caps were IMO the certainties ATM - the other blokes are real contenders.
I think the rest of the team positions is pretty settled.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Foley and Folau were mentioned by name by Steve Hansen as players he is wary of in the Wallabies camp.

If Bernard puts doubt into the all blacks' minds and makes them hesitate, I would sure as shit pick him.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Am already nervous as fuck about this game. Biggest game of the year, biggest bledisloe in 10.

The Wallabies simply have to WIN this game.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Given the comments in the thread about team changes it was interesting to see White named in the Fox Super Rugby team of the season but of more interest was the stats given to support his selection
- equal most try assists in competition
- fourth in line break assists
- fourth in offloads in the competition
I recall Cheika identifying White as a player to watch in the semi due to his ability to create opportunities for others.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Given the comments in the thread about team changes it was interesting to see White named in the Fox Super Rugby team of the season but of more interest was the stats given to support his selection
- equal most try assists in competition
- fourth in line break assists
- fourth in offloads in the competition
I recall Cheika identifying White as a player to watch in the semi due to his ability to create opportunities for others.
He only plays Jakeball and kicks every opportunity he gets though. Those stats are surely incorrect.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Saw this at Rebel Sport Mid City on Pitt Street Mall, Sydney this afternoon.

Buy a Wallabies jersey and get 2 tickets to the game. First 12 sales. No mention of how many had been sold or the ticket category.

14080028 - Copy.jpg

T

Tip

The biggest question isn't who starts at 9, 10, 11 or 13.
It's who partners Simmons in the 2nd Row. In the French series we had two locks that both played the house down in their Debut; Carter & Skelton. Does eMac go for the impact or the workhorse?

Obviously safe to say that Horwill won't get a look in bar injuries. Whooopsies, that doesn't quite line up with my apparent provincial bias.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The biggest question isn't who starts at 9, 10, 11 or 13.
It's who partners Simmons in the 2nd Row. In the French series we had two locks that both played the house down in their Debut; Carter & Skelton. Does eMac go for the impact or the workhorse?

Obviously safe to say that Horwill won't get a look in bar injuries. Whooopsies, that doesn't quite line up with my apparent provincial bias.
You can always edit your post if you feel it needs more slant! ;)
I think Horwill will get a look in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slade called in to cover Carter so presumably Beaugan comes into the 23. Still no word about Crockett, nor how bad Moody's concussion is but with Woody defo gone losing Crockett as well means Ben Frank's pretty much has to start, given Toomaga-Allen's also out for the season & Afeaki's still not over his concussion.

EDIT: thinking further about what happens if both Crockett & Moody are ruled out, that seems to leave Macintosh as the only remaining capped LHP in NZ. Scary stuff. Seem to recall posting prior to the England series that FR depth was shaping as our Achilles heel for RWC 2015 & have seen nothing since to make me change that view & we're running out've time to find & develop the next gen of props & hookers to the level that's gonna be required.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Its great exercise to boot

You are right Pfitzy and I wasn't intending to be critical of the exercise..if it gets 24 people to the game who would not have otherwise gone then that's a very good thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.