• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
You've got to be joking.

State high pinned them in their half after halftime, grammar couldn't get out with a heavy northgate wind blowing against them. BSHS just got too much possession in the attacking 22 in the end, unfortunately for my tipping.

I think I've just blown my chance to win it

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
NC 20 d BBC 5. BBC never really in it and should have been punished in the first half as NC had all the turf and ball but didn't create enough clear cut opportunities.

College came out with a better second half and applied all the pressure, but two missed penalties either side of half time meant they still had nothing to show at 13 zip. Dempsey scored off a dart to make it 13 - 5 and the conversion was missed.

BBC had a chance to grab another one but handling errors cost them and NC eventually turned the ball over, momentum shifted and NC scored at the other after 5 minutes or so of getting closer and closer.

BBC never got go forward in attack but NC won't be happy that they were dragged down into the grind of handling errors and scrappiness by BBC.

4/4 for Spik again with the tips

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
NC 20 d BBC 5. BBC never really in it and should have been punished in the first half as NC had all the turf and ball but didn't create enough clear cut opportunities.

College came out with a better second half and applied all the pressure, but two missed penalties either side of half time meant they still had nothing to show at 13 zip. Dempsey scored off a dart to make it 13 - 5 and the conversion was missed.

BBC had a chance to grab another one but handling errors cost them and NC eventually turned the ball over, momentum shifted and NC scored at the other after 5 minutes or so of getting closer and closer.

BBC never got go forward in attack but NC won't be happy that they were dragged down into the grind of handling errors and scrappiness by BBC.

4/4 for Spik again with the tips

At 15-5 with BBC. Downwind it looked like a match was on our hands. Pretty poor game of football .bbc had their 3rd different fly half in as many weeks and it looked like it .Back line still going sideways. How good was BBC 9 ?? Best player on the field by a long way.
Good day for BBC - As they won a number of under age games including
Won 13A 48 to nil
Won 15A 20 -17
Lost 16A by penalty on full time .

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
I know it's the 'bye' game, but any idea if Roycroft lined up for GT? Not sure if it makes any sense to use him when ineligible the rest of the year, but they did last year.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Today I went down to BBC to watch the 2 sides with all the hype - BBC 13A and Nudgee 14A . Let me tell you they did not disappoint.
The 1st xv game was poor.
The BBC 13A won 45 to nil and their back line is the best under 13 back line I have ever seen. Brilliant passing and running
The Nudgee 14A won 30 to 14 and played sensational attacking rugby. Speaking to a Nudgee parent the 3 new boys who came in this year Tau tau is a monster , Small a workhorse and the winger from Bundaberg is lightning.

Just shows you 4 broncos and a cowboy( Nudgee ) will beat 3 broncos( BBC)
Exciting juniors around.
Lots of mistakes in 1stxv match but Nudgees defence was brutal.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Agree, BBC just didn't create that much in attack and Nudgee looked like they were going to rout them in the opening 20 mins.

Nudgee really took their foot off the gas and at various points were throwing 1 percenters all over the place instead of building pressure. I'll tip TSS and ACGS to go close / knock off NC if they perform like that.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
At 15-5 with BBC. Downwind it looked like a match was on our hands. Pretty poor game of football .bbc had their 3rd different fly half in as many weeks and it looked like it .Back line still going sideways. How good was BBC 9 ?? Best player on the field by a long way.
Good day for BBC - As they won a number of under age games including
Won 13A 48 to nil
Won 15A 20 -17
Lost 16A by penalty on full time .
Your post is far more accurate Gsp - game could have gone either way after Dempsey scored and BBC forwards played very well and rattled NC forwards and inside backs after 25 min mark - Dempsey was amazing but rest of backs still going backwards with ball in hand - really miss a player the calibre if Bowen from last year - recruiting strategy needs to change for backs.

Gunter not fit but had a big impact - Mafi came off with 15 to go with a shoulde injury. Scrappy but tightly contested game

REDandBlack

Frank Row (1)
I know it's the 'bye' game, but any idea if Roycroft lined up for GT? Not sure if it makes any sense to use him when ineligible the rest of the year, but they did last year.

Roycroft has left the rugby program and isnt playing seconds this year. Word is his father had a blow out at Dr Chapman.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Today I went down to BBC to watch the 2 sides with all the hype - BBC 13A and Nudgee 14A . Let me tell you they did not disappoint.
The BBC 13A won 45 to nil and their back line is the best under 13 back line I have ever seen. Brilliant passing and running
The Nudgee 14A won 30 to 14 and played sensational attacking rugby. Speaking to a Nudgee parent the 3 new boys who came in this year Tau tau is a monster , Small a workhorse and the winger from Bundaberg is lightning.

Exciting juniors around.

Anyone want to bet there will be plenty of new under 14 players at Nudgee next year. They do analyse their weaknesses better than any other school.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Your post is far more accurate Gsp - game could have gone either way after Dempsey scored and BBC forwards played very well and rattled NC forwards and inside backs after 25 min mark - Dempsey was amazing but rest of backs still going backwards with ball in hand - really miss a player the calibre if Bowen from last year - recruiting strategy needs to change for backs.

Gunter not fit but had a big impact - Mafi came off with 15 to go with a shoulde injury. Scrappy but tightly contested game

The simple mistakes hurt BBC . Nudgees first 2 tries were from BBC kicks that failed to find touch. The 3rd try came at 13 to 5 with BBC applying plenty of pressure on Nudgee try line and BBC 2 throws a wild fling pass to winger which leads to try at other end .if defence is about attitude then Nudgee have plenty of it. On my figures BBC in 3 games have missed 11 out of 14 shots for goal .

bear

Herbert Moran (7)

Exciting juniors around.
BSHS u/13 A's beat BGS 61 - 0 in a shortened match (due to a neck injury).
BSHS u/13 B's beat BGS 51 - 0

BSHS u/13 A's still remain undefeated in 4 trial games and 3 comp. games. One of the trial games was against BBC.

This is setting up for a cracker of a game when these two team meet next.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)

Exciting juniors around.

I actually thought the 14A match was better than the 1sts. That Nudgee team is ridiculously good. sensational team

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
BSHS u/13 A's beat BGS 61 - 0 in a shortened match (due to a neck injury).
BSHS u/13 B's beat BGS 51 - 0

BSHS u/13 A's still remain undefeated in 4 trial games and 3 comp. games. One of the trial games was against BBC.

This is setting up for a cracker of a game when these two team meet next.

13a trial match between BBC and state high was 5 tries to 4

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
So I guess thats it for BBC's title hopes for another year, whats that 60 years now? (Never if you don't include shared premierships, but whos counting?)

It surely is red black so you obviously have some gripe you need to get over - if it's history you want to compare go back and check the rowing records.

Either way look forward to the GT v BBC game 30aug should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.