• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v New Zealand - Sydney 16 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So we have a man-up for 20 minutes of the match and still can't get points on the board. Such a good chance gone.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shocking performance by the ABs. Cruden was poor. Fails to kick for touch, long wobbly passes in wet conditions.

No linking play from the forwards. Was Corey Jane on the field? Crotty was more visible in his short stint than Jane.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Shocking performance by the ABs. Cruden was poor. Fails to kick for touch, long wobbly passes in wet conditions.

No linking play from the forwards. Was Corey Jane on the field? Crotty was more visible in his short stint than Jane.

Lot's of anonymous players from both sides.

Reactions: BPC

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can someone explain why Fox Sports would not shut up about the All Blacks winning 18 in-a-row?

Going for a Tier 1 test record is something worth mentioning in my book. The fact the Wobs denied them that record is also worth mentioning.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Don't know what to make of that.
Thoroughly unsatisfying game.
I think it is going to be hard to win the Bledisloe for the Aussies for another year.
Must win in NZ now.

And the ref was shit.
Or there's another draw in NZ and we win the last one in Brisbane.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
McKenzie got shown up tonight in what was a winnable game. Poor tactics, questionable position calls and late subs. It was a frustrating game to watch even given the conditions.

Beale proved he is not a 10.

White proved he chooses badly and kick and poorly.

Charles was very solid and I thought we were pretty well matched up front. The forwards did well and much better than I expect many of us thought they would.

I know its not an Aussie tactic in general but a drop goal at the end seemed a better option.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The weather was poor, but it was poor for both teams.

The Darkness played 20 minutes with 14 players. Even though Kaino = 1.5 Fardy, a 20 minute numerical advantage should have seen the Men in Gold romp home by 10 points.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.jpg

image.jpg

NFL

Frank Nicholson (4)
I don't get it.
Wouldn't you play a side heavily weighed towards the Waratahs so soon after their victory over NZ?

White was poor.
Beale was out of place.
The bench came on too late.

sigh.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Pissed and emotional but a couple of thought all you hooper haters go f yourself he was epic again. Nathan Charles also very good well done. All blacks better side in the first half us better I the second. Phipps is better then white and good impact by big will

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Poor tactics and seven worse execution from the Wallabies.

Beale played so far back in the pocket he would make Morne Steyn look like he was standing flat against the line. What was Link thinking?

I don't get this deep first receiver and even deeper wrap around thing. Wtf was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.