• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Name the Wallabies Supporter Group

What should we name the new Wallabies' Supporter Group?

• The Troup

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • The Mob

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • The 23rd Man

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • The Vault

• The Gold Mine

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Wolf Pack

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Nobodies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's not going to be repeated anywhere this season but as I understand it, there are plans to go nationwide from next season.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is a bloody insult to the good folk in QLD (Brisbane and the Gold Coast) and WA, and it reinforces the prejudice that all ARU give a stuff about is Sydney.

Strike while the iron is hot. Get on the bandwagon.

There have been folk outside of NSW agitating for this sort of stuff to happen at all Wobs games for quite some time. It isn't too difficult, just requires a bit of support from ARU, and the rusted on tragics do the rest.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You've got to start somewhere. I think they've done well. They needed to know if it works before they threw a shit load of money at it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How much money do they need to throw at it?

What is revolutionary or risky about what they are doing?

Many of the ideas being banded around on The Call of the Wallaby have been advocated on this thread previously, and if posters are correct these were poo-pooed by the ARU.

Not rocket surgery.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I also think they might have sold the bays at the other venues before really thinking it through that other states would want a piece of the action.

But thinking things through, Hahn Super Dry 3.5 is a piss poor booze sponsor in comparison to what Bundy used to do.

Bundy had their own sections full of students and for a few years you could "buy 4 Bundy's, get a "free" Wallabies shirt" at the pub. Or a jumpsuit. Even Tooheys New had those jerseys in 2007. But what has Hahn done since the switch?

It's an important battleground being lost. You want the Wallabies in the forefront of the mind of blokes who are having drinks down the pub. Thats that's when people spend $$ more freely and wind up with merchandise they otherwise wouldn't.... I sure did and I don't even like Bundy.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How much money do they need to throw at it?

What is revolutionary or risky about what they are doing?

Many of the ideas being banded around on The Call of the Wallaby have been advocated on this thread previously, and if posters are correct these were poo-pooed by the ARU.

Not rocket surgery.
Obviously the ARU should do everything this thread tells them to do.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Mr Jarse,
Couple of Updates to the Gold Brigade Facebook this morning indicate they're going to have a crack at getting it going around the rest of the country this year starting in Perth in 3 weeks.

How they'll overcome seats having been on sale for ages already to get a bay for Brigaders I'm not sure but I suppose they could just give everyone sitting in certain sections a T-shirt as they head in.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm not active on facebook. Believe it or not, there are plenty of old fogies like me who have little or no association with facebook.

I'm also hearing of some of the young people are leaving facebook. Either it's no longer edgy, or they are getting bored with it, or their parents are embracing it so it's time to go, or they just don't have the time to facebook anymore or ???

My question is can the Gold Brigade exist and prosper without a weekly TV Show to promote it?

Is a facebook page enough to keep the momentum going or will the Gold Brigade go the way of Bardot, Scandal'us, Paulini, Guy Sebastian, Damian Whatshisname-Leith, The Bloke that sang "What about Me" and countless other "stars" from reality TV shows?

It seems to me to have had limited engagement with Gaggerland. Probably doesn't help when they censor Lord Gaggers interview!

Have I misread the "signs" and The Gold Brigade will buck the trend of reality TV Shows and go ballistic over the next couple of seasons?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well I think the idea certainly has the potential to go far and it doesn't really need a tv show for it.

What it does need is passionate Wallabies fans who are sick & tired of being told to sit down & shut up when they cheer loudly at matches and wouldn't mind sitting in section of people they know are out to support the Men in Gold. Pretty sure there's plenty of them in Australia.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Someone needs to coordinate that. Who will be the "boss" of the facebook page? Who will "manage" the other channels?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Someone needs to coordinate that. Who will be the "boss" of the facebook page? Who will "manage" the other channels?

The people who were involved for the Sydney Test haven't gone away. They're still doing it. Just got to sort out with the ARU whether its possible to go round the country this season give Perth is a couple of weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.