• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgbyhead

Frank Row (1)
As a Marist 16s parent I can confirm that the schools seniors have been hit hard with injury in the past few weeks. A total of 22 players are out this weekend and the 3rd XV has been forced to forfeit. Of these 22 players 3 of them are some of Marist's 5 ACT schoolboys (Siuta Tai, Lewis Oswald, Liam Simonsson) meaning the team no longer has any real shining lights in it's forward pack. They are also down to their third choice halfback

Fiesty Mut

Frank Row (1)
CGS Rugby has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years. A well structured crew that knows all the relevant ins and outs. My son is apart of the senior squad make up for 2014 and is loving every second under the tutelage of Sarge and Co. No doubt in my mind that they are capable of popping off St Edmunds come finals time.

I too question the future of Schoolboy Rugby in the nation's capital. Dwindling numbers certainly doesn't bode well. I propose the use of a spherical ball in place of the traditional oval-shaped number in order to stimulate participation in the game they play in heaven.

piggy12

Frank Row (1)
I've heard that despite all the injuries to the marist pack, they are in fact getting one of their stronger players back from long term injury this week. anyone know any more on this matter? i believe he played last week, front rower, not entirely sure though

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Grammar were up 14-11 at half time though after scoring twice in rapid succession. Grammar just didn't go up another gear after half time, and after a couple of players went off injured (one of them an ACT rep?) they just faded away.

Rgbyhead

Frank Row (1)
Yes Luke Gubler has returned after not playing all season, not sure if he deserves to be tagged one of the stronger players but he's not bad. He's playing out of position though at prop instead of hooker

Rhino147

Stan Wickham (3)
any results from the weekend?
From my understanding finals will be:
Eddies v Royals at Eddies
Grammar v Marist at Grammar

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips for the weekend?
I think:
Grammar V Marist: Grammar marginally
Eddies V Royals: Eddies (Sorry @keiran :( )

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
All I can say about the Royals vs SEC game is I wouldn't read too much into the score. Royals finished the game with 12 players through injury. A bridge too far with their squad down to 16 fit players albeit out of position to start the game.

I think Eddies will beat Grammar this weekend, but hope it's close for the sake of the competition.

In the lineout

Allen Oxlade (6)
All I can say about the Royals vs SEC game is I wouldn't read too much into the score. Royals finished the game with 12 players through injury. A bridge too far with their squad down to 16 fit players albeit out of position to start the game.

I think Eddies will beat Grammar this weekend, but hope it's close for the sake of the competition.
Any scores please?

Rhino147

Stan Wickham (3)
40-0 to eddies. Doesnt give the game much justice or grammar much justice for a terrific seasons. With 6 injuries in the forward pack including 2 ACT reps, grammar were never going to compete as strong. I heard from a parent after the game that only 1 player in the forward pack had played opens rugby last year, so credit to grammar for there effort. May I just say I was appalled by the St Edmunds crowd, which not only taunted players, spectators as well as Grammar in general, but threw a flare on the field in the middle of the game. Appalling stuff and I hope the guys in charge at the school realise the poor sportsmanship shown, as well as what has been happening on social media. Rant over

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Their 16's got themselves in strife on Saturday as well.

Good to see Royals and Vikings take the 15 and 16 Div 1 titles respectively, been a while since club sides have taken both those age groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.