• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillnoidea

Peter Burge (5)
BBC need to look at their S&C program. So many injuries every year.. a hooker playing prop? and no Darcy Swain(Qld 1).no Jerumi(played every 1st xv game last year), no Foulds, No Christianson(Qld under 16 ) , no Helms,No Lazarus.No under 16 A props.

That is 5 props out!!

It would appear there's no room for props if you want both the Captain of Rugby and the only boy who seems able to throw in the side.

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
Best administrative proposal / solution to Aust'n schoolboy rugby that I have read on this entire forum !
I agree this is the solution, however in defence for BBC they were obviously selected from last years 15A's as they would have had to make the application last year for next year , so the problem is with Aust. School boys and could be easily fixed by a play off after the U16 team's finish their season in an Australian wide competition the year before they go to Japan. Great time to do it as there is no representative selection that year anyway. This way it makes the best U16 team in the country travel to Japan to play for the unofficial World Cup of school boy rugby. This way a team from Mackay or Moree and not just the GPS schools could represent the country.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
BBC won 13A by 48 nil
BBC won 14A by 10 nil
ACGS won 15a by 20 to 5
BBC won 16A
Churchie ran riot in 2nd half in 1st xv . 12-5 at halftime . All penalties to ACGS
Mason put on a master lass of wet weather football
BBC played dumb rugby again. Lost 1st 5 line outs throwing deep ,and not a single kick to corner. well played ACGS very impressive.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC25 TSS15 according to nudgee twitter

Halftime score NC 14 TSS 8
#10 Liam Moseley yellow carded in first half was my man of the match.
Alex Mafi Australian schoolboys hooker did not play and word is he is out for rest of season and maybe the NZ tour. :(
Congrats Nudgee. The dream is alive.
Shared premiership still a possibility if TSS beat ACGS next week. :cool:

NCvTSS2014.jpg

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
BBC need to look at their S&C program. So many injuries every year.. a hooker playing prop? and no Darcy Swain(Qld 1).no Jerumi(played every 1st xv game last year), no Foulds, No Christianson(Qld under 16 ) , no Helms,No Lazarus.No under 16 A props.

That is 5 props out!!
The way I hear it people in the rugby program at BBC are sick of the S&C program as the 1st 8 coach has been too involved also so all the boys have been doing is rowing!
Barker has apparently been overuled by people higher in the school who have a rowing background.
The rugby coaches want it to be about rugby not rowing as the x churchie rowing 1st coach is having too much influence!

ird rugby

Frank Row (1)
Wow GT certainly get worn down badly, they have really struggled in the second half of all their games.

BraveandGame all is not lost. I watched a great game of schoolboy rugby today in the 2nds GT 7 TGS 5 - a try a piece and one for the purists. Both teams need to be congratulated the as they both went at each other for 80 minutes and left everything on the pitch. The coaches of both teams need to congratulated for instilling some old school "ticker" in there teams.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
BBC won 13A by 48 nil
BBC won 14A by 10 nil
ACGS won 15a by 20 to 5
BBC won 16A
Churchie ran riot in 2nd half in 1st xv . 12-5 at halftime . All penalties to ACGS
Mason put on a master lass of wet weather football
BBC played dumb rugby again. Lost 1st 5 line outs throwing deep ,and not a single kick to corner. well played ACGS very impressive.
BBC 13A has a boy on average has scored 3 tries a game today he scored 4!
BBC 16A team today won against a shocked churchie team who came out punching a few times.
Churchie had a much bigger pack and the biggest 12 I have ever seen.
Churchie had not lost till today after beating Nudgee convincingly last week.
BBC were 5 players down from last years 15As.
The kicker in the 16A again was outstanding.
A muddy game played with heart and determination by the boys in the 16As.

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
The way I hear it people in the rugby program at BBC are sick of the S&C program as the 1st 8 coach has been too involved also so all the boys have been doing is rowing!
Barker has apparently been overuled by people higher in the school who have a rowing background.

Hey jack . Get some school spirit and air your dirty laundry elsewhere. Your an embarrassment to the GWB

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Went to see the NC v TSS game today.

Very open and entertaining game given the wet, windy conditions, a really physical battle between two pretty evenly-matched teams played in great spirit.

I was also told that Mafi's shoulder is no good such that he won't play again at any level this year. NC really miss his physical presence, particularly with the ball, they might have done this one a bit easier with him there to help Luka, Stowers and Hewat with the hit-ups.

First time I have seen Moseley and I was pretty impressed with him, he took a few options with the ball which didn't pay off but kicked beautifully for goal and scored a great individual try on the bell to cap an excellent game. Copped a yellow card in the 1st half for consecutive deliberate knock-downs but undeservedly in my view.

I thought that the best for Nudgee, apart from Moseley, were Pilz, Luka and Hussey, with Hewat, Stowers and Evans getting through a lot of work in the tight.

For TSS, I liked the game of the 10, Campbell, and the 9, and the 8 did some impressive work with the ball scoring a barnstorming try under the posts to put TSS in front in the second half.

It was certainly not a day for the outside backs, so Pritchard was pretty quiet for Nudgee as were Fittock and Dorrough for TSS.

As a neutral spectator, I really enjoyed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.