• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
What I like about ANZ is the speed of beer queues -- even at the final, it was pretty quick to get a drink. The SFS has 20 minute queues on a regular basis, which I think is unacceptable. I understand why it happens, but I do think the Waratahs need to get that shit sorted out fast.

Speaking to some casual fans at the Rebels game this year (25-30 minute beer queue, well under 20k at the stadium), they said that it was a crap night out because it was so slow to get a drink -- they enjoyed the game, but saw no point in watching it live if you spend 25% of the match buying your round.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And back in '88 when people went to the footy they got FULL strength beer and drank a fuckload. So why the hell was it never given capacity to do this?

Go back to selling cans I say. Quicker.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
And back in '88 when people went to the footy they got FULL strength beer and drank a fuckload. So why the hell was it never given capacity to do this?

Go back to selling cans I say. Quicker.

No cans is meant to be about public safety -- can't chuck cups and hurt someone. But there is never any argy bargy at Tahs games, so what does it matter?

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Fucking bogans in league. There's your issue.

Back in the day, I worked in the food and beer kiosks at Brookvale Oval, North Sydney Oval (when the Bears were still an ARL team) and Concord Oval. North Sydney Oval wasn't so bad but at Brookvale Oval it was sometimes hard to find a girl over 18 with a full set of teeth. Having seen the crowd at close range for a few years, it boggled me how the club came to be called silver tails. It certainly wasn't because of the supporters.

The highlight of Concord Oval was watching the Irish team train there during the 1994 tour. Instead of stocking the food and beer kiosks on a weekday, we watched the Irish forwards train. Even then Keith Wood looked hard as, but was actually quite pleasant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Back in the day, I worked in the food and beer kiosks at Brookvale Oval, North Sydney Oval (when the Bears were still an ARL team) and Concord Oval. North Sydney Oval wasn't so bad but at Brookvale Oval it was sometimes hard to find a girl over 18 with a full set of teeth. Having seen the crowd at close range for a few years, it boggled me how the club came to be called silver tails. It certainly wasn't because of the supporters.

League mythos. Need someone to hate, and think anyone living near the beach is rich like the Eastern suburbs south of the harbour.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Manly to Dee Why is essentially the Bogan part of the North Shore a block away from the beach

As is Maroubra through Matraville & Pagewood/Hillsdale in the Eastern Suburbs; and Cronulla down in the shire

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
Speaking to some casual fans at the Rebels game this year (25-30 minute beer queue, well under 20k at the stadium), they said that it was a crap night out because it was so slow to get a drink -- they enjoyed the game, but saw no point in watching it live if you spend 25% of the match buying your round.

Apparently all the staff were at the SCG for some other sport. Crap excuse but that's what they told me during the wait

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

As you inferred, the club itself had a load of money. There was a period (~80s?) where they would continually buy the best talent available from all around the country. Hence why they were hated and other supporters people celebrated Manly not winning during that period (and after, fans of other teams have long memories).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What I like about ANZ is the speed of beer queues -- even at the final, it was pretty quick to get a drink. The SFS has 20 minute queues on a regular basis, which I think is unacceptable. I understand why it happens, but I do think the Waratahs need to get that shit sorted out fast.

Problem is that the Tahs have very little control over this stuff - it's all the SCG Trust and the guys they've franchised out to that run the catering places.

I hope that the tenants of the SFS band together and get something done, because the amount of money they pay to rent the venue, plus the money you pay for the food / drink, makes you wonder why the service and quality of said food / drink is so shockingly bad.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Apparently all the staff were at the SCG for some other sport. Crap excuse but that's what they told me during the wait

Yeah, and that makes four fifths of fuck all difference to everyone waiting.

Problem is that the Tahs have very little control over this stuff - it's all the SCG Trust and the guys they've franchised out to that run the catering places.

I hope that the tenants of the SFS band together and get something done, because the amount of money they pay to rent the venue, plus the money you pay for the food / drink, makes you wonder why the service and quality of said food / drink is so shockingly bad.

Absolutely. But the only way to influence things for the better is to hammer the Tahs over it on member surveys and via email after games. That gives them data they can take to both the other tenants and the Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.