• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
BvWnqPMIgAAkxsw.jpg:large

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
At the moment Abbott could give everyone $10,000,000 and the latte set would find something wrong about it
That's the issue,if there was a gift coming from the mad monk,only those in his image would qualify.
PPL being a perfect example.
If the debt issue is such a problem,why is he proposing to gift $50k (originally $100k) to wealthy people?

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
The past 10-15 years of the war on terror in Afghanistan and Iraq has resulted in so many young Muslims becoming more radicalised.

The concept of a rogue Islamic state was a pipedream before the US invaded Afghanistan yet now it is a reality. The horse has bolted as far as the whole IS thing is concerned. I read yesterday that they now control an area bigger than Jordan.

It's not like it is just a few radicals in some remote village somewhere.

It will be interesting to see what the path forward is. Clearly turning countries into a war zone for a decade or more doesn't calm a situation. It just turns people into radicals, particularly young people who have grown up in war and don't know any different and just see the west as their oppressor.

Shite and Sunni in these places are just proxy for Saudi Arabia and Iran. Before that they just enjoyed killing each other.

No one was happy with the boundaries drawn at the end of the first WW!. Similar to what they did in Africa with borders.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's the issue,if there was a gift coming from the mad monk,only those in his image would qualify.
If the debt issue is such a problem,why is he proposing to gift $50k (originally $100k) to wealthy people?

Gift, the government is not paying.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The past 10-15 years of the war on terror in Afghanistan and Iraq has resulted in so many young Muslims becoming more radicalised.

The concept of a rogue Islamic state was a pipedream before the US invaded Afghanistan yet now it is a reality. The horse has bolted as far as the whole IS thing is concerned. I read yesterday that they now control an area bigger than Jordan.

Yeah but that area is about as useful as Woomera. I never understood why people fight so hard for a bit of fucking desert with the odd town and water supply, but then I don't live there.

It will be interesting to see what the path forward is. Clearly turning countries into a war zone for a decade or more doesn't calm a situation. It just turns people into radicals, particularly young people who have grown up in war and don't know any different and just see the west as their oppressor.

Read a very interesting piece today by Waleed Aly regarding this - I'm paraphrasing but it went something like this: when the USA was in-theatre it was very easy to point young, disillusioned Muslims in their direction (and it made a great human shield for the political party headquarters behind the whole thing).

Since they pissed off, fucktards like Islamic State have had to up the ante on the beheadings and terror to not only stamp their authority on the local populace (because there are no white boys from Nebraska to shoot), and to get peoples' attention again. Very hard to be marginalised when no-one is bombing your goats.

Solution: give them a reason by performing brutal atrocities to Christian minorities so that the white people on the other side of the world sit up and take notice. Not much mention so far of all the Shi'ite or Sunni moderates they're also executing by the dozen.

And its kind of funny how a lot of those white people who are supposed practising in the bible belt wouldn't have a lot in common with Orthodox christians, Copts, or other Christian sects who predate Catholicism by milennia. But put the word "Christian massacre" on TV and their little hearts flutter with outrage.

Never mind the disadvantaged local citizens being shot at a rate of a dozen a day by police departments across the US of A.

Anyway, story of the day for me was Doctor Ebola, who no longer has Ebola thanks to God apparently. So now he's Doctor Nofaithinscience.

Reactions: BPC

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Check out the voting results, 95% in favour of double dissolution.
I can only assume that most of those wanting to go back to the polls have a message for the incumbents...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...-sales-job-20140822-1073fu.html#ixzz3Azpnk4pw

Yes let's put the other fuckheads back in. By all means.

Maybe I'm a bit too cluey for my own good, but has NO-ONE figured out yet that they're all fucking incompetent clowns who are beholden to the senior administrative figures in each government department, who whisper half-truths that promise re-election?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

If the 50k you are talking about was maternity leave?

Then it was a political position taken against the misogyny bullocks, because how could someone provide such a generous scheme to women if he hated women?

I did find it funny that all of a sudden latter set could be against a better maturity scheme.

whereas I disagreed with it, pregnancy is a self inflicted wound, pay,plan to pay, compromise your lifestyle for your f*ckin kids, if you can't afford them don't have them, simples

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
whereas I disagreed with it, pregnancy is a self inflicted wound, pay,plan to pay, compromise your lifestyle for your f*ckin kids, if you can't afford them don't have them, simples

As someone who has had two kids, I agree completely.

The wife and I got a mortgage young (early 20s) and struggled through the first year, but fucking learned a lot about necessities. Each of our kids we planned for, and set aside, then burned through, most of $20K in savings as we went to single income for a year.

We earn enough to get basically zero benefit from any government department, minimal tax returns (probably due to not trying hard enough on that front), and pay for our own insurance across all areas including health, car, house, contents, income protection, TPD/Life etc.

We put a fuckload of money into the system, and then sit by and watch the government buy the votes of the idiots who barely qualify as humans, much less care for offspring.

And Tony wants to hand out MORE of my money? No, fuck that.

I accept the need for social welfare to those who NEED it. I'm sick of Sharyn farting out babies to multiple Dads (whose public status ranges from "incarcerated" to "unemployed") and then sticking her hand out for multiple benefits instead of keeping her legs shut and actually looking after the kids she already has.

That fucking couple from Blacktown who had the two-faced baby used it to promote themselves, and meantime they had SEVEN other kids. Sorry but WHAT. THE. FUCK???

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In fairness he was putting a new levy on the biggest public companies to pay for it, whilst I disagree with the spend, those clowns pay far too little tax and could afford it.

What did amuse me was watching the left come out against better maternity leave benefits - WTF?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In fairness he was putting a new levy on the biggest public companies to pay for it, whilst I disagree with the spend, those clowns pay far too little tax and could afford it.

What did amuse me was watching the left come out against better maternity leave benefits - WTF?
Most people who were against it were because it is completely inequitable.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yep, far too generous to some, but that still amuses me to see the left fight against something that they sort of want

I do wonder if Gillard put it up whether the shrill would have been different

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I try to stay out of this thread but I can't help myself.

Where do big companies get there money from? By selling stuff to us. To say we wouldn't pay for the PPLS is rediculous.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I try to stay out of this thread but I can't help myself.

Where do big companies get there money from? By selling stuff to us. To say we wouldn't pay for the PPLS is rediculous.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it gets to the point as to whether "big companies" actually pull enough weight tax wise

Status
Not open for further replies.