• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Big Marn

I resemble that remark!
Big marn what is forecast?!

Either way there should be some good clashes . At riverview .quite a few joeys teams that if they can win on weekend , they will be home and hose

So in various A fixtures there is a lot to play for

And similarly joeys can ruin tiverview chance of glory in the 1sts, if they rise to the occasion

Match of the round to be 15as . Although all of the 1sts thru 3rds should according to the form guide, be good.

Tipping joeys in an upset

Thanks SonnyDill, this just crossed my desk from my good friend at the BOM:

Cloudy. Scattered showers, more frequent along coastal fringe. Light winds. Chance of rain 90%, between 5-10mm. Max 18 degrees.

Hate to be the one to break this online, but my connection is not often wrong. Could be in for some slop. Bring on the slop.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Looks like the weather has already had an impact down in the big smoke.
Scots V Shore 1st, 2nd and 3xv playing at Scots.
16As Christison Park 1 @ 1pm.
15As Bs & Cs at Northbridge.
13As to 13Gs at Christison.
All other games have been cancelled .............. including all the soccer, who definitely don't like slop.:)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I gather from a joeys mate that they are finally talking about doing something to their stand ... Not that it would ever be a fortress northbridge

No mail as usual on possible team changes ... I would guess that Dylan grant would be elevated to 1s based on last week

And joeys would need a few others returning stars,ie tom wright to have a chance

Although the way Connor o'shea is playing he could do it single handily ... Just not with any goal kicks involved

Either way, the only way riverview would cancel any fixture is if Noah's ark floated by ...and even then sure they'd find somewhere to hold the local derby

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Incidentally am I correct in saying shore divides the stand between shore boys on one side, and parents (aka donors) on the other?!

Plebs (visitors) on the bleachers?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Looks like the weather has already had an impact down in the big smoke.
Scots V Shore 1st, 2nd and 3xv playing at Scots.
16As Christison Park 1 @ 1pm.
15As Bs & Cs at Northbridge.
13As to 13Gs at Christison.
All other games have been cancelled ...... including all the soccer, who definitely don't like slop.:)

Looks like all the matches originally scheduled for Moore Park West have been cancelled except for 16As which has been moved from MPW to Christisson Pk.

Similar number of matches cancelled/going ahead at Kings v New.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Incidentally am I correct in saying shore divides the stand between shore boys on one side, and parents (aka donors) on the other?!

Not sure about the new stand, but the old one had a big section reserved for boarders to watch the match. Not sure who got to sit in the other part.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If there was water covering the ovals, and Noah was cruising by in his Ark, I reckon that Joeys would play Riverview on the Warringah Freeway if you could stop the traffic.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If there was water covering the ovals, and Noah was cruising by in his Ark, I reckon that Joeys would play Riverview on the Warringah Freeway if you could stop the traffic.

If Riverview closed any grounds, I'm sure that Joeys would offer to host any or all matches.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He was a pretty clever sausage and did what he was told to do demonstrating success as the Project Manager. Probably would have made a decent sort of marine architect or Engineer of some description. Not sure of his sporting prowess. Possibly an Old Sydneian.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)

The first rows of the stand are benches on both sides, Then the back rows from about half way are seats.

The benches are for the boys, Shore on the right (as you look at it) and the visitors on the left. The seats behind for the donors and anyone else.

Last week Joeys had the whole school there and they took the whole Eastern sideline, temporary seating, (so no Joboys in the big stand)

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview grounds are Open for Rugby.NO way they would not be for Joeys derby and it is Riverviews last home game for the main GPS Comp so the grounds have time to be repaired.
There is a new regime in anyway and the main Ist XV game is back to historic tradition time of 3.15pm.They have enough grounds that they will switch around according to those that are less lake like.
50 years ago this derby would be played even in lightening!!!!WE were all dumb back then-players would even have a drag on a smoke after a game and some before-and still win.
I love the tradition that is GPS rugby-more than 130 years old average today!

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
If anyone is going to the High v TAS or Scots v Shore 3rds game this afternoon, would you be so kind as to post the results on this thread.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
If anyone is going to the High v TAS or Scots v Shore 3rds game this afternoon, would you be so kind as to post the results on this thread.

Don't know final score for TAS v High, but FB photo just came up showing Buddy Mumbulla scoring try to bring score to TAS 19, SBH 0

Status
Not open for further replies.