• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wilkin is only 18!

There is no shortage of back row talent coming through the Premier Comp, with most under 20yrs of age.

Michael Gunn is obviously the clear stand out, but when you have Adam Korzyck, Brad Wilkin, Lolo Fakosolia, Conor Mitchell and Jack de Guingand coming through, it bodes well for the Premier and NRC teams in the future.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wilkin is only 18!

There is no shortage of back row talent coming through the Premier Comp, with most under 20yrs of age.

Michael Gunn is obviously the clear stand out, but when you have Adam Korzyck, Brad Wilkin, Lolo Fakosolia, Conor Mitchell and Jack de Guingand coming through, it bodes well for the Premier and NRC teams in the future.

Haven't seen them play week in week out, but in Brad Wilkin and Lolo Fakaosilia you have some very talented footballers. Both are in their first year out of school this year, and will go very far if they can remain injury free. IMHO both have more potential that the other names mentioned above.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah Lolo is a kid in a mans body. I haven't seen a young guy of his physique ever.

I thought Wilkins was good. He will develop over the next few years as he has more time in the gym but he seems very switched on rugby wise.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can't believe Wilkin is only 18 as I thought his game was very good but was disheartened to see his measurements. Plenty of time to develop that. Good stuff.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Surely that's not such an issue. He's listed at 98kg at 1.88m so he's already bigger than the current Wallaby Captain who plays his positio . At 18 and non-professional he'll grow to be a fairly solid sort of bloke with time and training.
Exciting prospect, looked like a very natural footballer to me.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's kind of my point. That he's young enough to grow into some size.

Is he an openside? Thought he was an 8 or 6?

T

TOCC

Word is Samu has been invited to train with the wallabies, may be in the green n gold in the not too distant future.

After watching some of the highlights from the weekend, Samu isn't even running great lines, they are reasonable but if he starts running the lines and angles like Kuridrani then he will only become a greater attacking threat.

T

TOCC

Ewen has confirmed that Horwill will be released this weekend to get some game time against the Perth Spirit.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not surprising. Game is on Sunday. Wallabies play over there the following Saturday. He'll probably stay over there. Is expect McCalman might play too?

T

TOCC

Yep, McCalman and Horwill are both going to be released for the game according to a Georgina Robinson article.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Brisbane City v Perth Spirit (McGillivray Oval, Perth)
1. Pettowa Paraka - Reds WTS/Easts
2. Andrew Ready - Reds EPS/Easts
3. Phil Kite - Reds WTS/GPS
4. Marco Kotze - GPS
5. James Horwill - Reds/University of Queensland
6. Dave McDuling (C) - Reds/University of Queensland
7. Michael Gunn - Reds WTS/Sunnybank
8. Tim Buchanan – Reds WTS/University of Queensland
9. Nick Frisby - Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre - Reds WTS/Sunnybank
11. Harry Parker - University of Queensland
12. Rex Tapuai - Sunnybank
13. Samu Kerevi - Reds/GPS
14. Chris Kuridrani - Reds EPS/GPS
15. Matthew Feaunati - Sunnybank

16. David Feao - Souths
17. Matt Mafi - Brothers
18. Sam Talakai - Sydney University
19. Brad Wilkin - Easts
20. Adam Korczyk - University of Queensland
21. Jack Mullins - Easts
22. James Dalgleish - University of Queensland
23. Toby White – Easts

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Am actually surprised they've moved White to the bench and gone with Rex 12, Samu 13. Obviously there were some teething issues defensively for Samu at 12 but despite my hesitation I thought he played well in combination with White. However, he will probably look even better this week in his preferred position.

Status
Not open for further replies.